U-20 Season 2013/14

Edstar101

Bbc Scotland news tonight.

Watch the guy in the specs. talking about Dundee Utd. youngsters.

He was most offensive to some young Saints fans who just happen to remark, that was never a foul, in support of their team.

No doubt others who were closer to this than I was , may post something, or may have done so.

Having just logged in, am waiting to hear this guy.

Is his name Campbell?

I will hear when this item is on air shortly.

Edited by HOODLUM65

Saints youngsters played the ball on the deck, spraying passes left and right and occasionally through the middle.

United found it difficult to get into the game due to Saints possession.

Steeves was particularly impressive,  rampaging down the left, making himself available for a pass, while not forgetting his defensive duties, which were most impressive. 

To think Kane did not see as much of the ball as normal, yet ended up with a hatrick, which nearly ended up 4 when his shot in the dying minutes just cleared the bar with the keeper looking beaten, speaks volumes for the young man's prowess. 

Do we loan him out or keep him at the club, with the occasional subs appearance in the first team, from the bench?

Personally with the shortage of out and out goal scorers we have at the club, my choice is the latter.

I notice at Motherwell Stuart Mc Call has been giving a young striker a run in the first team of late

Kane has scored more goals than he has had games.

An impressive record at any level

I'd like to see Kane getting a wee chance with the first team.

Fallon, not so much.

I reckon Kane will need to go the Stevie May route and be loaned out to a lower league club -maybe a spell with Stirling/Arbroath before progressing to the likes of Hamilton again.........I know a lot of folk would want him to get into our First team and get games that way BUT ....

Disgusting from this Campbell guy, apparently uniteds director of youth football, all i did was voice my opinion to my mate and then since they overheard it, i was on the receiving end of some foul mouth abuse!

The guy made a scene and an arse of himself for no need, especially at a youth game.

Anyway, COYS!!

Disgusting from this Campbell guy, apparently uniteds director of youth football, all i did was voice my opinion to my mate and then since they overheard it, i was on the receiving end of some foul mouth abuse!

The guy made a scene and an arse of himself for no need, especially at a youth game.

Anyway, COYS!!

Sorry to hear it was you that was on the receiving end of this thug Campbells foul mouthed tirade.

A friend of mine who was a few rows behind him, informed us at half-time and then sat behind you and your mates second half, just waiting for him to open his gub.

He could have provoked a punch up, the idiot.

The thing with Kane is that the club's approach to the development of Stevie May has clearly worked...we now have a first team striker who is topping the scoring charts, attracting lots of interest both in Scotland and from clubs around the country, as well as playing for his country at u21 level.

Why can't we trust the club to manage Kane's development in the same way?

The thing with Kane is that the club's approach to the development of Stevie May has clearly worked...we now have a first team striker who is topping the scoring charts, attracting lots of interest both in Scotland and from clubs around the country, as well as playing for his country at u21 level.

Why can't we trust the club to manage Kane's development in the same way?

I've said before that strikers will always be judged first and foremost on their goal return rate - the fact that May did it at 3rd division, then 1st division and now at SPL level, averaging not a kick in the arse off a goal a game is a huge reason why he attracts so much interest.  every sub appearance that Kane makes for the first team and doesn't score will be a statistic that people look at in 3 years time and be a negative advert for him - rightly or wrongly.

Kane has the potential to be even more prolific than May.  A season or two at a lower level banging in 30 goals a season will stand him in great stead for the long term.

A loan deal is the right thing to do. It's worked with May and so long as Kane gets his head down and works hard, it'll be no different for him. He's probably not ready for the Premiership from what I've seen of him. It's very much the same as it was with May, a little lightweight, he'll beef up and come back and challenge for a first team spot.

I'm sure we tried to loan him out in the summer, but lack of striking options put paid to that.

We were lucky to hang on to May this summer past and can't help but think we're making the same mistake again with Kane. The lad is what, 19 now? He should either be out on loan or in the first team squad, and on a longer contract than he currently is. Our approach to youth development is risky at best IMO, and we should have the likes of Kane tied down for at least 2 or 3 years at this point.