Travel To The Final

Honest Saints Fan

Errrm - Can I just say Baroossa Street were able to Hire 2 Double Deckers from Stagecoach -and seats went on both buses within minutes - Thats all folks.

Appreciate that, but I know of others who tried Stagecoach and were turned away.  I just feel Mr Souter could have done more.

I see the club are saying seats on their busses can be booked when tickets go on sale, so does this mean if you by a ticket you get the chance to book a seat on their busses?

That would mean season ticket holders would get first shout at seats. (What about the regulars who go on the busses and who are not season ticket holders)

Maybe the club have arranged for Stagecoach to supply what ever they need to get fans to the game (I would not hold my breath on that though)   

Centre Half - Believe club have booked 15 from regular supplier and that ST holders will get first shout on Tickets no matter which bus they travel on -I guess the club cannot win one way or another ---The Chairman recently came out with an article praising every supporter (3200) who gave their support at Ibrox in the recent SF - The article seemed to upset those who didnt travel and that would include ST holders who didnt go -

NOW if it was to be a FAIR system and going by what the Chairman implied then FIRST dibs should go to the 3200 who were at the Final  BUT you can be certain the Tartan rug /piss my leg brigade would rock about their padded seats in horros.

Everyone will get a ticket BUT not everyone will keep going back week in week out.

Agree Ancient, my thinking was the busses that went to the semi would have taken names for the final so the same loyal travellers would have already booked up the seat available, I am a season ticket holder. always go to away games by car and was at the semi, so I have no gripe. I maybe read to much into the statement that tickets and seats on the coaches were available to people buying tickets. Although you and many like you have been able to source buses and organise them I still think the club is best placed to do this, they should get an announcement out to bus company's for all available buses, get prices per coach and then leave it up to the passenger if they are prepared to pay the cost per head required, It saves people chasing around getting held to ransom on prices being quoted. The        

Centre Half - Believe club have booked 15 from regular supplier and that ST holders will get first shout on Tickets no matter which bus they travel on -I guess the club cannot win one way or another ---The Chairman recently came out with an article praising every supporter (3200) who gave their support at Ibrox in the recent SF - The article seemed to upset those who didnt travel and that would include ST holders who didnt go -r

NOW if it was to be a FAIR system and going by what the Chairman implied then FIRST dibs should go to the 3200 who were at the Final  BUT you can be certain the Tartan rug /piss my leg brigade would rock about their padded seats in horros.

Everyone will get a ticket BUT not everyone will keep going back week in week out.that

CH - yeah most of the Barossa buses did that -the way we "worked" was that if you were at the QF you could get your seat for the SF and if you were on the SF bus you got your seat for the Final  BUT thereafter it was opened up first come first serve - As you say most of the bus companies are upping their prices and that makes it very difficult to actually have a set price per adult and per 13-16 year old (all u/12 go free on our buses) .

The 13 that we booked and filled are all priced at £15 an adult and £5 for 13-16.

We are still trying to source buses - but the further afield you go the cost mounts up -49 seaters are the most used buses BUT if that costs 1000 pounds to hire you then have to set that price against all the adults that you expect to fill it - if its 40 then you are looking at anything between £25 and £30 to cover that bus - the higher the price obviously the higher the cost and whilst its a one off game it soon mounts up if its a familly .

We booked 10 immediately after the final but with a huge interest we will try to do more

I see the club are saying seats on their busses can be booked when tickets go on sale, so does this mean if you by a ticket you get the chance to book a seat on their busses?

That would mean season ticket holders would get first shout at seats. (What about the regulars who go on the busses and who are not season ticket holders)

Maybe the club have arranged for Stagecoach to supply what ever they need to get fans to the game (I would not hold my breath on that though)   

That's the way I read it too CH

I am with you all the way Ancient on this one, Our Local bus company had all his coaches booked out by I think (9.30am on Monday morning) I am £252 + £500 deposit + Fuel for a self drive so appreciate the work you have done in keeping the costs down for your travellers Do you Know if we have to register coaches like mine with the club to gain access to the coach parking in the designated area? I seem to remember needing to do this before with a coach?

CH - yeah most of the Barossa buses did that -the way we "worked" was that if you were at the QF you could get your seat for the SF and if you were on the SF bus you got your seat for the Final  BUT thereafter it was opened up first come first serve - As you say most of the bus companies are upping their prices and that makes it very difficult to actually have a set price per adult and per 13-16 year old (all u/12 go free on our buses) .

The 13 that we booked and filled are all priced at £15 an adult and £5 for 13-16.

We are still trying to source buses - but the further afield you go the cost mounts up -49 seaters are the most used buses BUT if that costs 1000 pounds to hire you then have to set that price against all the adults that you expect to fill it - if its 40 then you are looking at anything between £25 and £30 to cover that bus - the higher the price obviously the higher the cost and whilst its a one off game it soon mounts up if its a familly .

We booked 10 immediately after the final but with a huge interest we will try to do more

mcD...15 buses

Glenrothes..1x

Edinburgh..3x

Pitlochry..1x

Highland saints..1x

Bar rosa..13x

Peebles 1x

Abernethy..?

Jailtours 5x

Bank foot 1x

Stanley 2x and mini bus

Young team 1x

Auchterarder 2x

Staff club 2x

Royal bar

Newburgh 1x

Bee bar

Letham club

Any body know of any more

absolutely amazing.

cracks me up naebody has a ticket though  :laugh:

CH - not that I am aware of -pretty sure Celtic will have plenty areas to park around the stadium and areas close by - Saints may have passes for their own busses -but again not sure - best thing is to keep watching on here and see how things go - most  buses will be heading off early and I am sure most on board them will want to be at the ground before 2pm just to soak in the Atmosphere.

Amazing to see number of busses people/supporters clubs have booked. This is despite the clear shortage of decently priced buses. Those in the perth area struggling to get a bus will hopefully be sorted by the train. Whats the latest on dedicated trains - has there been any further announcements? Will the club sell train and match tickets at the same? Didnt aberdeen does this for the diddy cup final?

Hope the club are doing what they can behind the scenes to make trains and identify busses available as possible. As a number of others have said it would be an outrage if saints fans dont make the game because of travel.

We could be getting into the realm of lift sharing.........

Amazing to see number of busses people/supporters clubs have booked. This is despite the clear shortage of decently priced buses. Those in the perth area struggling to get a bus will hopefully be sorted by the train. Whats the latest on dedicated trains - has there been any further announcements? Will the club sell train and match tickets at the same? Didnt aberdeen does this for the diddy cup final?Hope the club are doing what they can behind the scenes to make trains and identify busses available as possible. As a number of others have said it would be an outrage if saints fans dont make the game because of travel.We could be getting into the realm of lift sharing.........

It's a good idea that. If I was taking my car, I wouldn't happily see others without transport got to the game. Hopefully others do the same. I'm going on the bus though!