Manager Of The Year

Attila the II

I suspect that this thread is normally in the fitba chat thread but not this year.  Read in the media today that steve brown think thats TW should be manager of the year.  Absolutely.  Many including chic the prick young have said mcinness should win it.

IF (and not meaning to get ahead of myself) but we go on to win the scottish cup then TW should def get it.  When you take into account european performances, available resources and the scottish vup is bigger than the league cup then mcinnes should come second.

I had this conversation with folk the other day. Del must be ahead at the mo, but if Saints win the cup, it would be really bad if TW didn't get it. And if Stevie goes mental in the final, he might give Commins a run for POTY - there seems to be  tendency to overlook Celtic at the mo, because winning the league in current bun circumstances is a walk-over, and the cups were poor for them. 

Think it's a toss up between TW and Del, if we win the cup then it has to be TW but if we don't I think Del will get it. Has the voting not closed though? If it has then Del will get it without a doubt

Chic the Prick was saying on Sportsound the other night he has cast his vote so I don't think winning the Scottish Cup will help Tommy's cause.

Incidentally, if Utd win the cup and finish 3rd I would argue that McNamara deserves it ahead of McInnes.

I had this conversation with folk the other day. Del must be ahead at the mo, but if Saints win the cup, it would be really bad if TW didn't get it. And if Stevie goes mental in the final, he might give Commins a run for POTY - there seems to be  tendency to overlook Celtic at the mo, because winning the league in current bun circumstances is a walk-over, and the cups were poor for them. 

I think the award is given before the Scottish cup final. As mentioned above i think everyone has voted already as well.

Neil Lennon should not be winning manager of the year. Celtic winning the league is a foregone conclusion given the huge gulf between their playing budget and that of the rest of the teams in the league. If anything Celtic have had a poor season given their dramatic early exits from both domestic cups. To me Derek McInnes has only brought Aberdeen back to the kind of place they should be. Tommy Wright has us punching drastically above our weight. He has far exceeded expectation. He has to be the manager of the year. If either of those other two clowns win it, it's more corrupt than I thought.

You're right in saying Tommy should won it.  Calling McInnes a clown is very harsh though.

You're right. I don't actually mind Derek McInnes and I'm happy he's doing well at Aberdeen. I think I got carried away in my campaigning for Tommy winning it. Notice it's not harsh calling Lennon a clown? Haha. I don't mind him either in all honesty. Just passionate about TW winning it over those two who've actually just achieved expectation to a point.

You're right. I don't actually mind Derek McInnes and I'm happy he's doing well at Aberdeen. I think I got carried away in my campaigning for Tommy winning it. Notice it's not harsh calling Lennon a clown? Haha. I don't mind him either in all honesty. Just passionate about TW winning it over those two who've actually just achieved expectation to a point.

Depends what Neil Lennon we're talking about.  Immediately after a game that doesn't go the way of his team he's a clown - at other times he's a decent guy.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27122869

No Sally :o

*****pedant alert*****

I do like the quote 

"It is a toss up - and there's friends of mine in their and I don't want to upset anybody," he said.

Nice to know that the BBC don't know their, there, they're.  The world is broken.

Edited by montrosesaintee