Saints V Dundee United 19/04/14

slf

McNamara drops appeal so is in the stand for this one.

Sadly I can't go as the in-laws are up from Glasgow! :-(

Clever move as that means he was in dug out for semi and will now be there for the final...sneaky fecker

I'm not making this game either as away for a couple of days down south.

I think it will be a cagey non-event of a game tbh......which means it will be about 4-3 or something :wacko:

Think there will be a big away support through for this one. Obviously want to beat them but part of me feels that would mean 3-1 to us over the season and people might start to make us favourites for the final. We don't want our lads going all 'aberdeen' and getting carried away too much!!

Going to go for an entertaining 2-2 draw

Think there will be a big away support through for this one. Obviously want to beat them but part of me feels that would mean 3-1 to us over the season and people might start to make us favourites for the final. We don't want our lads going all 'aberdeen' and getting carried away too much!!

Strangely there is a bit of me that hopes we get an absolute doing for that reason.

Play the youths and show them nothing, then hit them in the final

doubt this game will have any effect on the betting for the final.  Most bookies will have Utd as slight favourites tomorrow and same for the final.  

Hopefully both sides decide to go baws oot in an attempt to measure the respective strengths in preparation for the Final....

In all honesty it'll be a cagey tactical affair with no goals, we're due a 0-0 I reckon

Be happy enough with the same 11 but Cregg in for Millar

I listen to radio and TV punts and some of our members about do not play your cup final team and tactics. I find this strange because will our limited squad we can play only two ways May isolate up front with five across the middle or McLean as link man behind May. The later is what we have been playing recently and it has worked. The goal keeper and back four pick themselves due to lack of squad depth and injuries. Centre midfield Mllar and Dunne holding. Wide midfield any two from three O'Halloran, Croft and Wotherspoon. Mclean behind May. This formation and tactics will be played in the final and will surprise no one.  In my opinion we play the majority of the team and play the same tactics to keep the players on their toes and to allow them to continue to blend.

I would be surprised if he played the same formation and tactics as he did in the semi final with McLean up front and May wide left Dunne and Millar in the middle and O'Halloran on the right. But stranger things have happened.

Will be their today to cheer on the Saints. Same team same score.  :laugh:

Edited by Inchcolm

Don't fancy us at all today. After the Lord Mayor's Show and all that. United are more used to success but last week was one of the biggest days in history of St Johnstone and just not quite sure the players will have their feet back on the ground.

Would be nice to think that a few extra local home fans will turn out for the team but won't be holding my breath.