Song Before Game And Card Display Plans. Spread The Word.

bigstu

To be fair to Livi Saint, the noise in the upper corner was literally that. Noise. I really make out what was being sung

I'm putting it down to a combination of poor acoustics and different sections of the crowd being slightly out of sync with each other.

I usually hate the COYS chant that gets sung at corners but that sounded best of the lot with 15k people!

That was fantastic spectacle. Lets get this played at the start of every home game. I am sure our DJ can find a copy of espana cani and play it,  just Celtic play you will never walk alone and Rangers play simply the best. Lets make this the norm for home games as the Saintees enter the park. When Norwichsaint come up let him lead the supporters and choir, he deserves the honour.

It's been played all this season as the players come onto the park inchy, you're going to have to get to yer seat a bit earlier ;)

To be fair to the young lads in the east stand choir, they've been singing it at many of the games this season and the rest of us are jumping on the bandwagon! I agree though, it's great to have a song unique to saints in scotland/ uk football.

The drum was superb again, has been great all season as well... Can anyone tell me where the "oooo" chant comes from, heard it a bit the last few months but got quite a few airings on Saturday... I love it! Keeps it nice and simple for us auld yins to remember the words!

Credit to all the young lads who worked so hard to make the card display such a success. They were through at Celtic Park all day Thursday and Friday setting up the display.

Rather than criticising the young lads, we should be praising them and encouraing them to continue making such a good atmosphere at games. Sure some of the young lads have been idiots at certain games (breaking setas/pyro etc) but on the whole they are as passionate about the club as we all are and bring more positives than negatives.

Jesus , you guys need to either get to McD more often or actually listen to/take part in trying to create a bit of atmosphere . These songs are not new and have been sung at nearly every game this season . It is blues by the way .

You're going to have to give all us boring folk in the Main Stand a song sheet..!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=amTlzYf1HJ8

The EsEs scarf twirling thingy was amazing.  Really amazing.  That accompanied by the big flag coming down from the William Hill balloon had me greeting buckets.

****ing sore arm after it though.

Don`t want to put a damper on things but have Hearts not been doing the scarf twirling for years when they score.

Don`t want to put a damper on things but have Hearts not been doing the scarf twirling for years when they score.

They used to do it a lot. I remember we did it for a while at muirton while singing the na na na na bit of hey Jude.. It might have been nicked off the jambos

Too many day trippers, and non saints fans there.

Really do not understand your attitude at all. Exactly what is it that you would have preferred? For us to have taken just the standard 1,500 who turn up for Wednesday night matches against Partick? Those "day trippers" are the people the club have been desperately trying to lure to Saints matches for bloody years, and finally, after all this time, something has happened to entice them. Who cares if they don't know the words to every single song or they don't know what Roddy Grant's middle name is or they've never heard of Dyron Daal - everyone's got to start somewhere. We, as fans, need to welcome new supporters with open arms - not turn our noses up at them.

Personally I thought the 'Espana' singing before the match was incredible - sure, the tannoy system drowned out most of the singing, but the sheer image of a sea of 15,000 blue and white Saints fans twirling their scarves in unison is something that will stay with me forever. It might also just be the moment that captured the hearts of the new fans and got them joining in.

Instead of taking digs at it we should be aspiring to make it bigger and better. Let's start the campaign now to get McDiarmid Park rocking at the first European home match and get everyone twirling their scarves and singing that song for 20 minutes before kick-off. It could be bloody magical. Fill the place and lift the roof.