Random Saints Related Questions

sleepless

Another question:

Bristling with Possibilities, talking about the home leg against SV Hamburg, reports:

The “choir” in the enclosure was full of vocal backing and the evening air was filled with songs which, while many of them are not suitable for reproduction here, are well known to many Perth supporters.

Does anyone know what those songs were?

Edited by sleepless

When did 'The Liquidator' start becoming a regular thing? I want to make the Jody Morris link but feel I may be clutching at straws!

Pretty sure that's it. Chelsea have played it before games for ages and we pinched it.

I'd also be interested to learn what sort of stuff Saints fans sung in the 60s.

Another question:

Bristling with Possibilities, talking about the home leg against SV Hamburg, reports:

Go home ya h...s.

"We won the war" and similar perhaps. I was only 11 so can't remember except it was loud.

Another question:

Aye .

I mind at least 4.one has swear words the other is about big bovver boots and the other 2 are about wullie ormond being the king.hardly songs the young team would use.

There are a few more I recall but they seem dated now.i was only about 7 years old then.shock ma dad took me to loads of games then on a school night.never happen these days eh? Pack rule

Pretty sure that's it. Chelsea have played it before games for ages and we pinched it.

I'd also be interested to learn what sort of stuff Saints fans sung in the 60s.

Ask mr cosgrove.i believe he was a songwriter for the choir back then when he qualified for the young team

Aye .

I mind at least 4.one has swear words the other is about big bovver boots and the other 2 are about wullie ormond being the king.hardly songs the young team would use.

There are a few more I recall but they seem dated now.i was only about 7 years old then.shock ma dad took me to loads of games then on a school night.never happen these days eh? Pack rule

I went to the sally one saturday night

The Fleet they were there and wanted tae fight

So oot wi' ma razor as quick as a flash

And the cry through the dance hall

Was PACK RULE YAH BASS.

Like that ane SLF?

My big brother was at the Hamburg game and can mind him sayin' a few of the North Stand boys were humming the Dambusters tune.

Also mind Pecker sayin' there was a chant of "we won the war" and "two nil two nil" refering tae WW1 and WW2.

Did not get to go to Hamburg game as was living away at the time but next home game we beat Motherwell 5-1 but the woman behind us was giving the team pelters for being rubbish so we must have been fantastic because we ran rings round Motherwell

Edited by Cagerf

Another question:

As I recall there was:-

to the tune of the 'long the short and the tall' - BLESS THEM ALL, BLESS THEM ALL, KENNY AIRD,JOHN CONNOLLY, HENRY HALL - BLESS WILLIE ORMOND FOR HE IS THE KING, BLESS FREDDY AITKEN WHO RUNS DOWN THE WING ........................................ FOR WE ARE SAYING GOODBYE TO THEM ALL - GLASGOW RANGERS(an old team lost in the mists of time),  GLASGOW CELTIC AND ALL, ....and more that I forget and would just be making up!

and there was -

HENRY, HENRY HALL HENRY HALL IS THE KINGGGGGGGGGGGG followed by the same for WiLLIE ORMOND etc

Sweet Caroline! Never liked the song before but was finally won over at Cup Final. Still like watching the clip when TW tries to sing it with 15000 Saintees. At least the song`s not an Old Firm rip-off. Always hated when Saintees sang ``Hail, Hail, The Saints are here`` or ``Hullo, Hullo We are the Muirton Boys''.