Lee Croft

David123

1. I think it's two because it probably would of been classed as endangering an opponent or serious foul play or whatever they want to call it.

2. I always thought they can only step in if the ref either missed the incident or someone cheated to fool the referee...

I always thought that your second point was how it worked and is why the punishment is greater i.e. to deter players from deliberately committing an offence out of sight of the referee that would qualify for a red card. To stick the nut on a player in front of the ref is stupid but there's no deceit involved. To do it out of sight of the ref is probably deemed by the powers that be to show more intent. However it does leave players open to a ref who just isn't looking. Croft made an attempt for the ball and messed it up, totally different in my mind to a sly elbow or a deliberate dive yet if all 3 are put in front of the compliance officer all 3 result in a minimum of a 2 game ban.

The Hibs fans used to say you'd get Spoony at his best after a spell on the sidelines. He came on against Dundee and was excellent, fingers crossed he can have a similar impact on Saturday. It's a shame Croft has picked up this suspension now though as he was starting to look more like himself from the first spell.

As for Croft being fat I think he just has a very round face. When you look at the amount of running he does and his overall pace I'd say he's as fit as a fiddle.

I the whole Lee Croft being overweight thing is all a bit mean spirited but he certainly doesn't look as fit now and he does in his twitter photo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2170856731/338833883.jpg

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/59666000/jpg/_59666808_croft.jpg

I'm thought he was going to be sent off on Saturday after the aforementioned challenge. I was sitting in the main stand when it happened and it looked pretty dangerous to me.

I think Croft will be missed tbh. I was critical of him at the start of the season but he was starting to provide assists and was looking more dangerous. Spoony was pretty good when he came on last Saturday so let's hope It gives Tommy a selection headache when Croft has served his ban.

COYS!

I don't think he will be missed at al, yes he has looked not to bad in the last 3 matches, 2nd half at Dens, and against county.

This is when we have been the attacking team and on top, when it comes to defending and working back he is shocking.

my opinion, not expecting all to agree with it.

I don't think he will be missed at al, yes he has looked not to bad in the last 3 matches, 2nd half at Dens, and against county.

This is when we have been the attacking team and on top, when it comes to defending and working back he is shocking.

I actually thought in both games against County he worked his socks off defending. On several occasions bursting a gut to get back and cover a counter attack. Just shows how we all see games differently.

Really surprised at that viewpoint John, in my opinion that is the main part of his game which keeps him in the team.  His defensive cover for MacKay is massive for the team.  Appreciate everybody has their own opinions but his working back is very noticable to me and most of my mates who i attend the games with.

Really surprised at that viewpoint John, in my opinion that is the main part of his game which keeps him in the team.  His defensive cover for MacKay is massive for the team.  Appreciate everybody has their own opinions but his working back is very noticable to me and most of my mates who i attend the games with.

well we will keep our eye out for it now, I think he tries to do it, as it is his job to do it,  but can't and is posted missing too many times for me,

I honestly think it is an embarrassment to the SPFL that he plays in the our top league.

im missing the next 2 matches at least so you will have to keep me updated on it.

well we will keep our eye out for it now, I think he tries to do it, as it is his job to do it,  but can't and is posted missing too many times for me,

I honestly think it is an embarrassment to the SPFL that he plays in the our top league.

im missing the next 2 matches at least so you will have to keep me updated on it.

Will be nothing to update as Croft won't be playing

I actually thought in both games against County he worked his socks off defending. On several occasions bursting a gut to get back and cover a counter attack. Just shows how we all see games differently.

it does look good when you see him doing it once or twice, that is what he is supposed to do but he can only do it once or twice, the rest of the time he cant get back.

maybe I am wrong or being too harsh, but  I don't think so.

will keep an eye on it though.

Will be nothing to update as Croft won't be playing

He won't miss the next two matches in a succession, he misses St.Mirren and then the cup game at Queen of the South.

Have to say I share John's view about Croft and hope that Spoony takes his chance to replace him in the side.  He has certain bursts in games where he produces but frequently loses concentration and gets caught out by the oppositions wide man.  There are times when he does indeed track back but he is meant to do this as a midfielder and in his role.  It is not voluntary.