Mcfadden's Turn

Tranmere Saintee

End result yes, but by the letter of the law he's got one red for his bookings, one for the gesture, and one for being sent off after already being sent off. 

Being pedantic, from the SFA site - 'Fixed suspension offer accepted. Two match suspension applied' - no mention at all of it being as you stated.

Being pedantic, from the SFA site - 'Fixed suspension offer accepted. Two match suspension applied' - no mention at all of it being as you stated.

I'm with you Tranmere, I think it is a straight 2 match suspension for the gesture.  Looks like it would have been worth a challenge also since the Appeal Board seem to have suffered an outbreak of common sense.  Given the circumstances (the 2 bookings from the second worst ref in Scotland and the fact he was almost out of sight at the time) I reckon he would have got a one match reduction.

radio scotland on Tuesday night were having a pop at Tommy for questioning sportscene.

Trial by the bbc

Tommy might get a 2 match ban for doubting the Bias Broadcasting Corruption

Aye he is just not one of those fluffy characters that the Beeb love like Big Yogi, or Big Terry, as their opinions are always fantastic, just wait till d*** Gordon has his pounds worth on Saturday, after he gets his hour in about the sheep winning the league, look what happended to him talking up the easy cup double last season for the Reds!!

radio scotland on Tuesday night were having a pop at Tommy for questioning sportscene.

Trial by the bbc

There pop was cos tommy said hr felt bad for faddy cos the Hamilton fans were giving him stick-which to be fair is quite embarrassing. Tho lunnys response to whole trial by aportscene was pathetic . Politicians answer.

It has long been suspected that bbc sport Scotland is top heavy with employees heavily biased towards any team playing out of IBOAK. I don't think there would be too much room for complaint if they would also tip the compliance officer, with the same level of enthusiasm, of misdemeanors committed on the pitch by members of that club.

However even when they do it seems the compliance officer re-invents disciplinary procedures by coming up with a completely new (in football terms) verdict of 'Not Proven'. Never been seen before, may never be seen again, unless once again applied to a sevco player.

Faddy deserves the punishment for the gesture.  I do however think the second yellow was a nonsense.  If anything Faddy was fouled and the ref made a mess of it.

I thought the officials had a rotten game in general.

That said, the officials made mistakes during the Caley game... 

It has long been suspected that bbc sport Scotland is top heavy with employees heavily biased towards any team playing out of IBOAK. I don't think there would be too much room for complaint if they would also tip the compliance officer, with the same level of enthusiasm, of misdemeanors committed on the pitch by members of that club.

However even when they do it seems the compliance officer re-invents disciplinary procedures by coming up with a completely new (in football terms) verdict of 'Not Proven'. Never been seen before, may never be seen again, unless once again applied to a sevco player.

The "not proven" was for Cummings of Hibs.Seen from several camera angles on BT sport live,in a sell-out derby match.

The "not proven" was for Cummings of Hibs.Seen from several camera angles on BT sport live,in a sell-out derby match.

Ah so... used twice so far then.  :laugh:   I didn't know about the Cummings one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29555481

So I will remove my first post as it is clearly nonsense. :oops:

No I won't 'cause I can't.

Edited by Indicator

If the "gesture" was NOT shown in the BBC highlights, would the outcome have been the same? Did the ref see it? 4th official? Linesman? complaint from opposition fans?  Does the compliance officer attend any games? or does he depend on 3rd party evidence to deprive players and managers of their income. Or is it trial by TV, no matter what the CO says, which means the the TV editor has complete power over  what is shown and what is not.

Edited by candalan

I can only assume that a not proven verdict is a kick in the teeth to the compliance officer. He is obviously putting forward the case for the ban and has been unable to prove that the ban is merited.

In both the cases where not proven has been the result I would have thought they were pretty clear as both were on tv,

until such times as every single game in Scotland is being covered by TV and independently reviewed then they should can use of tv cameras

As far as the BBC are concerned they have seemed to capture the McFadden Gesture, Crofts dodgy tackle and Graham's dodgy dive all of which were correct and have gone against us.

But how come if they are so accurate at picking things up for the tele do they miss much of Saints good play, near misses etc and even when the fans think we have had a good game they seem to suggest that we were rubbish because they have only recorded the other team.

I don't think anyone can argue(not even TW) that the three times the cameras,Sportscene and Radio Scotland have highlighted our misdemeanours, they've been correct. What TW and many other managers are annoyed about is that most other incidents during the 90 minutes are ignored when they could easily of been shown too. Only if it's pointed out by either the radio or TV is it ever followed up by the CO is everyone's gripe.

I don't think anyone can argue(not even TW) that the three times the cameras,Sportscene and Radio Scotland have highlighted our misdemeanours, they've been correct. What TW and many other managers are annoyed about is that most other incidents during the 90 minutes are ignored when they could easily of been shown too. Only if it's pointed out by either the radio or TV is it ever followed up by the CO is everyone's gripe.

Partly agree,but Graham for all his pathetic swan dive at the keepers feet,was surely a good one for this new verdict "not proven" as there was no clear camera angle available to show NO contact. The bone of contention was how much or little contact there was.Not paranoid but the system is very flawed and NOT fit for purpose.

at least we can't be tried by the bbc tonight.

hopefully chris kane was on his best behaviour yesterday.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/pat-nevin-defends-bbc-over-trial-by-sportscene-1-3654504

Nevin looking for some wriggle room and does talk some sense,but I still say there is no way that this gesture should incur a two match ban.Maybe a memo asking him not to repeat ? Cummings on the other hand is a serial offender and I would like to think A Stubbs would speak to his otherwise talented player.