Europa League 2015/16

David123

Interesting statistics from paolo(thanks), and I reckon it looks like both Belgrade teams will make the second round. So obviously one of the ties has to be reversed in this case.

Why shouldn't it be ours, if we also get through?

Luck of the draw and all that.

Oh, did I mention that I'm on holiday the week of second round second leg?

Mmmm, where to go......

No we had the draw. They should have ensured that 2 teams from same city couldnt meet. There were enough groups to ensure that couldnt happen.

No we had the draw. They should have ensured that 2 teams from same city couldnt meet. There were enough groups to ensure that couldnt happen.

You're right of course, and maybe I should have added a couple of smileys at the end of my post.

I was just having visions of a midweek sleazy jet break to Budapest with my wife, which would include the extra surprise of a train journey to Belgrade to see the sights. She would love Belgrade, she just doesn't know it yet.

I'll quite happily swap with Red Star if it meant we got through the first round. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I like the cut of Alashkert's central defender, former Lincoln City player Mamadou Fofana. He clearly doesn't take prisoners:

Where you going in Switzerland Broon?? I am there from 15th for a week in Saas Fee. Planning on a day trip back up to Lucerne.

Geneva for a day then Montreux. Using that as a base to explore the area. Looking forward to it.

Edited by Broon

UEFA MAFIA

-----------------

"UEFA MAFIA"

that's what the Tranava fans were chanting at the away match last year and the guy came on the tannoy to tell them to weeesht it!

Reckon we'll make the second round, and if the away leg is tie 2, that would suit most folk given the flights would be cheaper (booking in advance). Of course, none of this helps the club because IF the kazak win then we are away in the first game, which gives very little time to sort a charter etc.

Ridic travel....but surely by the groups stages we'll no have to meet these teams cos we'll have played them all and knocked them out :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRAND NEW ST JOHNSTONE HOME TOPS, AWAY TOPS - SALE/ CLEARANCE See: https://bitly.com/stjohnstone-clearance

Edited by MySpazz

Geneva for a day then Montreux. Using that as a base to explore the area. Looking forward to it.

Montreaux Jazz festival 3-18 July is always good, you don't need to spend to see a band, just go along to the park next to the concert hall and there's free bands all night every night.  Hundreds of food and drinks stall all along the lake front.  Glass fronted Golden Train into the Alps is expensive but worth the trip.

always liked the yugoslavia team since i went there on holiday. Dragan Stoijkovic was a genius and Dejan Stankovic was a cracking player , Dejan Savicevic was class. Jugovic was great.Pancev had some strike rate and who can forget the crazy Mihailovic what a left foot but must have some sort of record for red cards. i like Mijatovic but he was Partizan and Kezman too(1of footballs brightest prospects that underachieved).

Red Star are a long way off from these superstars but perhaps their fans can point out their key men these days?

always liked the yugoslavia team since i went there on holiday. Dragan Stoijkovic was a genius and Dejan Stankovic was a cracking player , Dejan Savicevic was class. Jugovic was great.Pancev had some strike rate and who can forget the crazy Mihailovic what a left foot but must have some sort of record for red cards. i like Mijatovic but he was Partizan and Kezman too(1of footballs brightest prospects that underachieved).

Red Star are a long way off from these superstars but perhaps their fans can point out their key men these days?

We have now young squad with few old player,but i will give a complete analysis when we go thru,because I dont know what the team would look like in the second round.We are trying to sing 6 player in the last week but they wont play in the first round.Btw here we don't have the information about changing for the first game,but that was a possibility since Cukaricki won the cup last may,that is the fault of Uefa,they could have dont it much better.

it's important to note that if Kairat progress from their tie that there's a minimum 5 working days' required to process Kazakhstani visas. The visa dept at the Kazakhstan embassy is shut today so I will confirm the details on Monday and post on here.

£35 for a tourist visa.

I see in The Sun today that the Alashkert manager is playing doing the chances of his side beating us. States he has watched videos of Saints and thinks we will be too strong. Has pinpointed Michael O'Halloran and Steven Anderson as our strongest players.

Edited by Aitchy

We have now young squad with few old player,but i will give a complete analysis when we go thru,because I dont know what the team would look like in the second round.We are trying to sing 6 player in the last week but they wont play in the first round.Btw here we don't have the information about changing for the first game,but that was a possibility since Cukaricki won the cup last may,that is the fault of Uefa,they could have dont it much better.

I dont want to tempt fate regarding playing Red Star in the next round (if we both qualify), but it would be a tough, tough match for us. Serbia have just won the U20's World Cup, beating Brazil in the final. In that team was many Red Star players, with many journalists saying that Serbia are about to enter a golden era in regards to the players that are coming through.