Brad's Charge

sainties sheep

Well there you go. You changed the topic by making a comment that is deeply offensive to most and personally offensive to those poor individuals who have suffered the loss of a child in said manner. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Tranmere - do we really want someone like this on the forum?

not at all as earlier in the thread we had people dictating that what brad said wasnt offensive to anyone. double standards on display here

no point greeting to the mods about it but whatever floats your baot

Some of you seem to be focusing purely on the word 'foreigner', saying that this description is a truthful and non-offensive one. I'd absolutely agree. But it's clearly the phrase 'typical foreigner' which makes it potentially offensive to some people. For example, if you described an Islamist terrorist as a 'muslim', that would be a factual statement. If you described him as a 'typical muslim', it would obviously be deemed as offensive and lacking in any sort of validity. 

Been reading the topic and tried no to get involved but can't. The PC police take every comment and go through every word looking how they can turn it into abuse. The press are always first to jump onto the bandwagon, yet they are at times the biggest culprits. Example s 'Larrson the magnificent Swede scores a hat trick' Laudrup the great Dane wins the cup for Rangers' Is it offensive to call people from Sweden turnips or to people from Denmark dogs. They obviously think not. But the press are outside the control of the SFA. Mackay's comment; I have said the same and so has many others. His comments were certainly not criminal but being in the public eye a bit silly. In my opinion he has been charged not for the words he used but for the implication all foreigners are cheats. Let's hope the SFA see common sense and give him a repremand.

Been reading the topic and tried no to get involved but can't. The PC police take every comment and go through every word looking how they can turn it into abuse. The press are always first to jump onto the bandwagon, yet they are at times the biggest culprits. Example s 'Larrson the magnificent Swede scores a hat trick' Laudrup the great Dane wins the cup for Rangers' Is it offensive to call people from Sweden turnips or to people from Denmark dogs. They obviously think not. But the press are outside the control of the SFA. Mackay's comment; I have said the same and so has many others. His comments were certainly not criminal but being in the public eye a bit silly. In my opinion he has been charged not for the words he used but for the implication all foreigners are cheats. Let's hope the SFA see common sense and give him a repremand.

Can he get a reprimand? How does the case work? Will he not be asked to accept he is guilty unless Saints are prepared to pay for a challenge? Only then will there be a consideration of the matter.

Can he get a reprimand? How does the case work? Will he not be asked to accept he is guilty unless Saints are prepared to pay for a challenge? Only then will there be a consideration of the matter.

If Brad tells the SFA he was sorry and ignorant of the gravity his comment may have had on some people I reckon he gets a warning.

If he gets a tougher treatment after an apology admitting he was a bit naive I will be mad.

Off the record, all this PC bull is one of the reasons I yearn for the "old Great Britain" when we had some backbone!

Am I a typical foreigner when I go abroad on my summer hols and wear shorts and t shirt and suncream and a funny hat that makes me look like a typical foreigner ?

Forgot to add , I don't speak a word of the local language .

P.S. I don't play football , but am considering attempting the"walking football" at McDiarmid .

Keep calm and carry on.

Am I a typical foreigner when I go abroad on my summer hols and wear shorts and t shirt and suncream and a funny hat that makes me look like a typical foreigner ?

P.S. I don't play football , but am considering attempting the"walking football" at McDiarmid .

Keep calm and carry on.

But do you go down easy?If so, how much?

Right I think we have established if Brad had his time over he would probably change a few key words and quite apart from those on here  I have been in touch with many Hearts fans and none of them were offended  but I understand a few of you instantly recognised Brads words as "  offensive  " so....why did it take our compliance officer who is paid for that sort of thing 15 (fifteen) days to issue a charge ?

Right I think we have established if Brad had his time over he would probably change a few key words and quite apart from those on here  I have been in touch with many Hearts fans and none of them were offended  but I understand a few of you instantly recognised Brads words as "  offensive  " so....why did it take our compliance officer who is paid for that sort of thing 15 (fifteen) days to issue a charge ?

Maybe he has been in Thailand on holiday.

Keep calm and carry on.

Sandals and socks?

I don't think it was mentioned on Sportscene so it probably took some time for the SFA guy who reads the newspapers to bring it to his attention.

The Compliance Officer initially asked Saints for more information on the background to the matter and having received that, has now issued the Notice with a Principal Hearing date of 3rd September.

Nobody read that on the official site? Naw?

I read he was on holiday in between times. :wink: