Saints v Partick Th. 17th Oct

The ghost of Jim Morton

Who plays in goals? Obviously Mannus is no. 1 but would be a bit harsh to drop Clark having not really done anything wrong, especially after the result in Aberdeen.

I'd be shocked if Mannus wasn't playing. He's our No. 1 and until his form drops Clark will have to bide his time, just as Mannus did when big Enks was here. Also the game in Aberdeen shows that while Clark is capable of being a top he still seems to get the odd rush of blood that leads to mistakes, just as he did in his first season at Qos and at Elgin. But he's young and showed last season he's pretty much cut this out of his game but I don't think he's quite earned the right to oust one of the most reliable keepers we've had.

You've got to feel some sympathy for Clark, but I agree with mike_gain, if he wants to be a number 1, he has to accept some bench warming.  He's done the loan thing, and has progressed to genuine competition to Mannus, so more time on loan or a move to a lower league club would do him no favours now.  He will get his chance.  Mannus has now missed one and a half games since the start of last season - the chances of him remaining injury and suspension free for the rest of this season (although he appears to be indestructible) are limited.

Mannus

Fisher Joe Dave BEaston

O'Halloran Davidson Millar Craig

MacLean

Cummins

Who plays in goals? Obviously Mannus is no. 1 but would be a bit harsh to drop Clark having not really done anything wrong, especially after the result in Aberdeen.

It would be a bit harsh not to give Mannus his place back, but it is heartening to see the progress Zander has made and good to know we have such a capable deputy on the bench.

Just shows the strength of the squad that Tommy has built and Brown has sanctioned. We're at full strength, and there's going to be some disappointed players not even in the 18, and that's with 10 players away out on loan.

I'd personally bring Mannus back in and O'Halloran as well. Lappin, Craig and Davidson all deserve to start on recent form, so Wotherspoon is the unfortunate one to drop out. I can't see Millar starting personally.

Mannus

Shaughnessy Mackay Scobbie Easton

O'Halloran Davidson Craig Lappin

Cummins Maclean

Subs Clark, Anderson, Millar, Sutton, Kane, Wotherspoon, Fisher

That 18 is a ridiculously high standard for us. The likes of McKay, Thomson, Caddis, Hurst (who have all featured for the first team at points this season) not even in that squad.

I suspect Maclean and Cummins will do their usual and float about, making a 5 man midfield when we're defending. I'm still not sold on Simon Lappin, but no one can really question his contributions over the last few weeks. I'm not sure he offers as much as Wotherspoon in generally play, but 2 goals scored and involvement in a few others means he deserves his place in the side.

Looking forward to this already - hopefully we'll get treated to another goal fest.

Just shows the strength of the squad that Tommy has built and Brown has sanctioned. We're at full strength, and there's going to be some disappointed players not even in the 18, and that's with 10 players away out on loan.

I'd personally bring Mannus back in and O'Halloran as well. Lappin, Craig and Davidson all deserve to start on recent form, so Wotherspoon is the unfortunate one to drop out. I can't see Millar starting personally.

Mannus

Shaughnessy Mackay Scobbie Easton

O'Halloran Davidson Craig Lappin

Cummins Maclean

Subs Clark, Anderson, Millar, Sutton, Kane, Wotherspoon, Fisher

That 18 is a ridiculously high standard for us. The likes of McKay, Thomson, Caddis, Hurst (who have all featured for the first team at points this season) not even in that squad.

I suspect Maclean and Cummins will do their usual and float about, making a 5 man midfield when we're defending. I'm still not sold on Simon Lappin, but no one can really question his contributions over the last few weeks. I'm not sure he offers as much as Wotherspoon in generally play, but 2 goals scored and involvement in a few others means he deserves his place in the side.

Looking forward to this already - hopefully we'll get treated to another goal fest.

I'll be happy with a one nil. A clean sheet is a novelty these days

Edited by SaintJet

While any win is what we want I really think we must go for goals while we have everyone fit.If we can score 5 against Aberdeen surely we can do better than 1-0 against Plastic Whistle.

Doesn't work like that. Partick are not a bad side and are battling for survival; take it to the bank we will have a hard game on Saturday

Doesn't work like that. Partick are not a bad side and are battling for survival; take it to the bank we will have a hard game on Saturday

My point was we are playing well with everyone fully fit and available we should be capable of more than 1-0, I was not saying that Thistle are poor and we should be beating them easily If we play to our potential we are capable of beating anyone,but as you said it doesn't work like that.

Sounds like the Ibroaks forum nowadays

fantastic read that was, either complete arrogance or just plain ignorance, probably both 

Hopefully a good saints win on Saturday,  but after the all the build up with tommy staying will probably end up a dour draw,  or holding out at one nil for the last thirty, and the inquest will begin why we gave wright a four year deal! !

but they are no great shakes and only beat a piss poor united side, so a great chance to push for the top six 

We have tended to struggle against the sides who we might think we can simply turn up and beat... e.g. Killie.

Would have Millar, Mannus and OH back in without a doubt if they are all fit. I'd have Lappin coming on from the bench to make an impact rather than starting...but then what the hell do I know.