Fartick v Saints 1/2/17

ex-montrosesaintee

No match thread yet, for tomorrow's trip to Fartick Pissle?  Don't know what the superstitious crew will make of me starting one, but here goes.

Yet another big opportunity to stake a claim for a top 4 place, with Hertz meeting Sevco.  Another pair of results like the weekend would be a huge boost to our seasons's prospects.

However, we always seem to struggle at Firhill.  

Cummins must start up front with Macca, as I genuinely feel, and hope, that the goals on Saturday will boost his confidence.  There's no denying that he has been poor since his return from injury (until Saturday), but for a decent spell last season he was a good player for us.

My starting 11 would be

Clark

Foster Ando Joe BEaston

Alston Millar Muzz Swanson

Macca

Cummins

Huge game for us. If we could win this we could have real separation from the teams below chasing a top six spot.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the same team start as Saturday but it won't shock me to see Swanson dropped and Spoony coming in.   

Clark

Foster Ando Joe BEaston

Alston Millar Muzz Wotherspoon

Macca

Cummins

Nice to have so many options and formations available. It's not as sexy as the Man U or Chelsea bench but;

Kane, Swanson, Scobbie, Paton, Watson, Craig, Mannus - Still pretty solid personnel.

I will be disappointed if we don't win this by a couple.

No match thread yet, for tomorrow's trip to Fartick Pissle?  Don't know what the superstitious crew will make of me starting one, but here goes.

Yet another big opportunity to stake a claim for a top 4 place, with Hertz meeting Sevco.  Another pair of results like the weekend would be a huge boost to our seasons's prospects.

However, we always seem to struggle at Firhill.  

Cummins must start up front with Macca, as I genuinely feel, and hope, that the goals on Saturday will boost his confidence.  There's no denying that he has been poor since his return from injury (until Saturday), but for a decent spell last season he was a good player for us.

My starting 11 would be

Clark

Foster Ando Joe BEaston

Alston Millar Muzz Swanson

Macca

Cummins

Agree with most of that but I can't see Macca playing three games in eight days.I would play Witherspoon on the left and Swanson in a free roll behind Cummins 

Edited by lang toon saintie

Yeah,think Macca has to be saved for Sunday & not sure Muzz was 100% fit on Saturday.

Ando & Joe are the only ones not to be tested over the past few games so Scobbie or Watson may come in for one of them.

Looking at the bench on Saturday I thought that outside Celtic it was probably the best in premiership so we should not be afraid of using the squad with so many games in 2 weeks.

Big big game tonight. Opportunity to seal top 6 100% if you ask me. Also with the top 4 playing each other a big chance to push our way in a bit more. 

This type of opportunity is normally one Saints would fail to take. We've seen it time and time again...chance to go second...lose at home to bottom six side. Chance to grab 3rd...lose at home to bottom six side. Lets hope the lads grab this one with both hands!

Big big game tonight. Opportunity to seal top 6 100% if you ask me. Also with the top 4 playing each other a big chance to push our way in a bit more. 

This type of opportunity is normally one Saints would fail to take. We've seen it time and time again...chance to go second...lose at home to bottom six side. Chance to grab 3rd...lose at home to bottom six side. Lets hope the lads grab this one with both hands!

Good post, its precisely this type of game on a cold Winter's night with media attention well and truly elsewhere that can make or break our season.

Absolutely, and unfortunately the games that we seem to not turn up to.  Really hope we buck the trend tonight.

Corresponding fixture this time last year we failed miserably and went in to a right funk only arresting the slide prior to the split. However, worth noting their pitch was like a sand pit last year and this year looks pretty good - no excuses.

Hope we are confident but not over confident which was definitely the case on Hogmany when we got our ass felt from the Dees. A workmanlike performance is required.

Motherwell winning last night puts them only 7 points behind us with a game in hand.  I hadn't appreciated how much they'd progressed up the table.  A loss tonight could make a top six finish a real challenge, whereas a win could see us clear in 4th place with a healthy gap.

Except they don't have a game on hand, so they're 7 points behind which is still a healthy amount.