St Johnstone v Killmarnock 25/02/2017 Saints Day

garydavidson

There are a couple of games before this one but felt it was worth highlighting that the club are seemingly trying to keep up momentum on the promotion front.

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/club-mark-anniversary-saints-day

"Birthdays come but once a year and for St. Johnstone we celebrate our 132nd anniversary this month on Friday 24th February.

The following day we're at home to Kilmarnock in another crucial match in our ambitions to finish in the top half of the table and to potentially qualify for Europe. To mark our anniversary we're going to have a 'Saints Day' for that match on the 25th February, a day for fans to remember and celebrate the club's 132-year history.

We'll have blue and white balloons and bunting around the ground and will once again have facepainters for our younger supporters pre-match.

In the build up to the game next week we'll have a number of interviews lined up with iconic former and present players featuring on the YouTube channel and on the website.

Keep an eye on the website and social media for more announcements relating to this match in the coming days..."

In another 'good news' promotion story Joe did a school visit recently to talk bout balancing his maths degree and playing football - http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/saints-message-adds16217

Edited by garydavidson

Craig out suspended for this.

Will Muzz be fit?

Will Swanson be available?

Saw Muzz walking down Rannoch Road this afternoon. Looked like he wasn't walking freely.

Same team that played most of game on Saturday with Danny replacing Craig if fit or available.

Challenge for TW to try and find a way to take a performance like Saturday's into a home game against a bottom six side.

Form suggests that if we get the first goal, we'll win the game, so hopefully a focus on starting with the right tempo and intensity, something that is unfortunately often missing at home, when we let the opposition settle too easily.

Not sure what the issue is with Swanson but I'd be content to see him on the bench and start with Alston and Wotherspoon out wide after their performances in Dingwall. I know there will be a clamour for Alston centrally and I do think he can carve out a future there but he's been playing well on the right too.

Hopefully the promotional push will be as successful as the last one and we'll get another 3,000+ crowd.

I'd be happy to see us go 4-5-1 on Sat. I understand the clamour for two strikers at home but our strikers don't tend to play as partners. I think we're much stronger with a packed midfield and getting runners into the box. 

Edited by Broon

Challenge for TW to try and find a way to take a performance like Saturday's into a home game against a bottom six side.

Form suggests that if we get the first goal, we'll win the game, so hopefully a focus on starting with the right tempo and intensity, something that is unfortunately often missing at home, when we let the opposition settle too easily.

Not sure what the issue is with Swanson but I'd be content to see him on the bench and start with Alston and Wotherspoon out wide after their performances in Dingwall. I know there will be a clamour for Alston centrally and I do think he can carve out a future there but he's been playing well on the right too.

Hopefully the promotional push will be as successful as the last one and we'll get another 3,000+ crowd.

Great post. 100% with you on getting the tempo right straight from whistle.

This is another great opportunity to squeeze in to fourth place- how many times have we had a chance to do that and then got a nose bleed? Come on Saints we are over due a great performance at home.