St.Johnstone v Aberdeen - 13th December

SaintJet

BBC:

St Johnstone's best chance of the match so far. Steven MacLean turns and shoots inside the six-yard-box, but Zander Clark does well to knock wide and St Johnstone win another corner.

We've got no ****ing chance if our own keeper is batting away our shots on goal ....

Just saw that BBC at there finest

Dreadful, opening half hour was as bad as I can remember seeing us. 2-0 down in the second and we didn't even have a shot. Embarrassing performance. 

So many passengers in the squad, we genuinely need about six players in January. 

Oh, and if they could spend the next few days practicing how to pass five yards to each other that would be great, can't remember many passes that weren't smashed at a team mate at knee height. 

The first half i thought we were okay. We went to pieces for a spell in the middle where we lost Murray and two poor goals.  Otherwise, Scougall was playing well, we created a few chances and if Macca had his shooting boots on would have had at least one goal.  Aberdeen were just far more clinical.

Second half we were awful. The third goal, a lucky deflection absolutely killed it, but we hadn't done anything up until then.  Seemed to lack any belief.

Tanser was very poor tonight, Foster was poor. And I know a lot of people love Paton because he punches the air and dives into tackles, but I'm looking for far more than a few sliding tackles, and a lot of sideways passes from a premiership starting midfielder. He's not good enough. But yes let's keep Chris Millar in the stand ...

Cummins was getting pelters around me whilst working the channels and winning headers. He at least stretched the game, albeit he is very frustrating at times. Thought Macca was ineffective in the second half and lucky not to be subbed.  Spoony was poor as well, but he constantly keeps trying to get things going and never ever hides. He just needs to stop having these mad moments where his decision making goes haywire!

Shinnie and Rooney showing their class by trying to get O'Halloran sent off.   Shinnie is a mile away from being an international player I'm afraid. Christie is class.

Man that was hard to watch. Yes we improved as the second half of the first half went on, but Aberdeen had taken their foot off the pedal and were comfortable.

If Davidson had scored his chance early on then who knows, but the second goal killed it with some stupid defending, Aresson allowed to run away from his marker and a simple header.

Thought Scougall looked dangerous in the first half, rarely saw him in the second. Wotherspoon was dreadful in the first half but improved in the second.

I feel for Cummins, he may be limited (thats being kind) but he makes run after run looking to get behind and time after time he is ignored....happened three or four times in the first half if the midfield would just play the pass he'd be away.

Overall, too many off-form (Tanser!) and we were lucky it was only three.

Edited by MrBored

That was an incredibly dire first half, apart from 2 minutes towards the end when we fought for a few balls. We have looked really bad over the last few months, but that first half was heart breaking. I better stop otherwise the TW negative state police might be on to me. Things are not looking good sadly.

hope muzz's injury is not to bad,

Sounds shite but it might not be a bad thing if it is. Our central midfield situation is ****ing scandalous and if an injury is what its going to take to force TWs hand into signing players there then so be it. We either have technically inept "battlers" like Muzz and Paton, a tryhard workhorse in Craig, or two players who simply cant read the game from a central position in Wotherspoon and Alston, and then theres Chris Millar.

No one near Stewart in the box,who passes to Rooney with no one near him to score,dreadful defending second Arnasson is left by Ando I think to free header at back post,too easy!!No invention,  no pace, no movement for each other,it’s like watching programmed robots that can’t think for themselves,really need fresh faces and fresh attitudes and hungry players