Player contracts and transfers

David123

Not so sure. I think development fee is due if a player is under 24. Alston is 24 in March. Does it make a difference if he signs PCA while still 23?

This is from the SFA so looks like no compensation due.

any rights to a compensation

fee by his previous Club shall lapse at the end of the Season in which the Player reaches

the age of 23.

tounge in cheek Sam, its not just Dumfries, although I am still gutted about that day.

Tongue in cheek as it may be, it was shameful and embarrassing the way Saints fans treated Swanson that day. We aren't talking about a player who wasn't trying, didn't care or couldn't be arsed. He wasn't fit and shouldn't have played. There were 10 other players in the team that day, many if not most of whom had won that cup less than 12 months earlier. 

not arguing that point Sam, that was my first time seeing Swanson in a Saints jersey, I told you it was tounge in cheek and it is in general as a player for us I didn't think he was good enough.

Everything about Dumfries still gets to me, don't try and say im blaming Swanson.

Tongue in cheek as it may be, it was shameful and embarrassing the way Saints fans treated Swanson that day. We aren't talking about a player who wasn't trying, didn't care or couldn't be arsed. He wasn't fit and shouldn't have played. There were 10 other players in the team that day, many if not most of whom had won that cup less than 12 months earlier. 

Really was embarrassing to hear the poison in our support that day!

After he found his feet he really was sublime for us, the key reason for our late season push in to fourth. Definitely have him back. 

Dundee Utd release young Aiden Connolly. Always seemed a decent young player with good feet but didn't seem to have the composure in the final third. Would Saints be interested? 

I think he's training with Raith Rovers. I don't think he's strong enough for the top flight to be honest. Is he still eligible for the U20s?

I did wonder about the lads still at Falkirk, but assumed any fee would put us off. Alston would be an interesting addition, I like Sibbald too but I expect he's under contract.

Yeah he's got a long term deal I think, and we'd have a hefty compensation sum for him as I think he's only 20.

I might be in the minority but I think Lappin does good work for us; I'm glad he's back fit. I think he will be back next year.

I think he's alright, but I don't think he's worth the money he'll be on. Bearing in mind he came from us directly from Norwich, who were playing in the premiership the year before we signed him, he may be one of our highest earners.

not arguing that point Sam, that was my first time seeing Swanson in a Saints jersey, I told you it was tounge in cheek and it is in general as a player for us I didn't think he was good enough.

Everything about Dumfries still gets to me, don't try and say im blaming Swanson.

You're the one that brought it up in relation to Swanson, not me. 

Confirmation of sorts regarding Alston;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35372388

Hate when the BBC do this. Just alerting other clubs he's going to be out of contract and no doubt we will loose the potential of signing him. His will probably come in as per usual to sign him and not play him.

Falkirk have some decent players. I like Peter Grant and Craig Sibbald. However both these players are under contract I think. Grant reminds me of what Ando was like as a younger player. Ando and Grant at CB would be a great combination.