Player contracts and transfers

David123

They remain a total basketcase financially, all theyve one by replacing McCoist with Warburton is bring in a better painter to paint over the cracks and used that image to try and force the idea theyve fixed the foundations into everyone faces. They still need more investment to see out the season.

Big question is if their support stays with them when they sit 30 points behind Celtic in fourth place come the split. You'd assume it would drop to similar levels as last season 

Is that no why they signed Iain Black?:laugh:

Guest ScottMann

All bias and hatred of their fans and directors aside, it's hard to deny that Rangers are looking better and better on the pitch, and are building a good squad of players.

Maybe by Scottish Championship standards they are. If my memory serves me well, the only time they've met a Premiership team they were shown up big time...

Maybe by Scottish Championship standards they are. If my memory serves me well, the only time they've met a Premiership team they were shown up big time...

I think that game was a wake up call.  As much as I've hated it, the last few games have been a much higher standard to what they were at that time.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope they go tits up in an Armageddon of their own.  All I was saying in my original question is from someone like Mikey's position, are they still such a bad option.  I think the general feeling on here is yes.  I'm happy with that.

saints are needing cover for midge now as he plays a couple then gets injured non of the young are that capable yet although Craig,lappin and spoony can play there midge covers the back four well like Jody did previously and helps muzz do his thing,as for MOH in recent months his form has been poor if a club wants to pay 500 k plus let them have him he only plays well every couple of months for a couple of games we need a Dunne type of player we have plenty attacking style players and a big Fraser type player see he made team of the week in the sun still has it

Swanson can stay at Hearts. Not impressed by any of the performances he's put in for them this season.  I'd not be happy if he came, tail between his legs thinking he was guaranteed starting football each week at Tynie. 

Shouldn't think he can potentially come here and get games. 

Imagine having two job offers and taking the one with highest salary to support your family. Unforgivable.

I think Spanish players in the main have done ok over here. They might be few in number but the successes over the past 10-15 years outweigh the total failures off the top of my head.

The Airdrie/Livi ones Fernandez, Sanchez Broto, Quino etc. Novo, Frandaza.

Our team really lacks flair but is full of workers so I think we can afford to carry someone that maybe isn't a grafter but is capable of magic. I think that's why Swanson done so well here once he was fit but hasn't got going at Tynie. 

I get the feeling that Neilson is all about fitness and hard work and that will never be Swanson (although I think that side of his game improved greatly towards the end of his spell here).

Back to the Spanish kid, 

I'm sure this kid will be technically sound given his apprenticeship but whether he's up to the physicality of the Scottish game is another question.

I read that he struggles to deal with pressure that comes with being a Barcelona Product, I guess fans expect a lot from him immediately. He might end up being more Jamie McCluskey than Pedro.

Imagine having two job offers and taking the one with highest salary to support your family. Unforgivable.

I'm not indicating salary at any point. Any idiot would know, considering Hearts transfers in during the summer, he was not guaranteed 1st team football and is now not happy and not playing every week?! Hearts have a very large and talented squad.

If you want to go down the route of money rather than playing football every week like he could've done at Saints then why is he moaning as he will still be getting that basic salary, which is more than us, for sitting on his fat arse in the stand or the bench.

If he joined he'd need to work to get a little trimmer and match fit, thats 4 weeks minimum, we need a player now.