Pitch

Cagey

I know it’s the same for both teams playing on it but regarding the extremely poor state of the pitch has there been any sort of explanation from the club as to why it is so bad. I’m assuming the club at the end of last season, or has at some point, paid a company to lay the surface. If that’s the case the club, just like any other customer would, if they found what they had purchased was faulty or damaged, has contacted said company looking for an explanation. Surely if they can answer the why and the how regarding the state of the pitch the next obvious question is what’s going to be done about it to ensure that it doesn’t happened again. Obviously it’s too late for this season but they need to get it right for the next

21 minutes ago, Saints11 said:

I know it’s the same for both teams playing on it but regarding the extremely poor state of the pitch has there been any sort of explanation from the club as to why it is so bad. I’m assuming the club at the end of last season, or has at some point, paid a company to lay the surface. If that’s the case the club, just like any other customer would, if they found what they had purchased was faulty or damaged, has contacted said company looking for an explanation. Surely if they can answer the why and the how regarding the state of the pitch the next obvious question is what’s going to be done about it to ensure that it doesn’t happened again. Obviously it’s too late for this season but they need to get it right for the next

The explanation we got was that being in the playoffs meant that the full maintenance plan couldn't go ahead. 

4 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

The explanation we got was that being in the playoffs meant that the full maintenance plan couldn't go ahead. 

And the previous season we were in Europe so it couldn’t be done then either. The biggest load of shite I’ve ever heard…

19 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

And the previous season we were in Europe so it couldn’t be done then either. The biggest load of shite I’ve ever heard…

The problem is there will probably be no comeback on the company that installed it as it was not seemingly given enough time to bed in because of play offs.

6 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I know, I know. I think I'm just getting carried away with excitement for the moment where we scrape past Queen's Park in the second leg and Davidson gets to parade around the pitch like a hero.

He won’t rush up the tunnel quickly then compared to the weekend 

13 hours ago, Cagey said:

Grass has been growing for the last 2 or 3 weeks and I have even had to cut mine twice yet nothing is growing in the sand at McDiarmid Park. Our " groundsmans "answer is to throw more sand in the potholes.

Not sure with the last international break they didn’t nip over to b and q and get some quick grow patch repair 

6 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Didn't we invest in the growing lamps or were they just on loan?

There was one maybe? It sat out the back on the training pitch never moving for months though. Not sure it's even there any longer?

Folk always quick to make excuses but Motherwell show that you can move from having a dreadful pitch to an excellent one.

Their pitch was already very good before it underwent a huge maintainence programme last summer.

This was their pitch in mid-May last year, days before a play-off that apparently meant we could only do the bare minimum to ours...

That thread from Alan Burrows worth a read. What a club that is serious about the pitch does. And look at what they were unhappy with in the first tweet!

We got fed some flannel about the play-offs and just blindly accepted it. The mob that came to do ours, the wheel fell off their bloody tractor on day one.

So I'm glad the manager is now condemning the pitch in the strongest terms as this can't continue.

7 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Didn't we invest in the growing lamps or were they just on loan?

Heat lamps still in bit where Sky park their OB vehicles. Bits hanging down and haven't moved since last season. Typical of the run down state of affairs at the club.

I think they were used in goalmouth areas a couple of seasons ago. Maybe they cost too much to run in this cost of living crisis.

Or maybe need a Sparky to fix them.

• 4 weeks later...

I see a lot of work going on on training pitch. Don't know if a layer has been removed or if it's just been covered in sand or a sandy top soil. Pitch always looked good to me but standing at pay gate was the nearest I have seen it.

On 4/12/2023 at 3:27 PM, double deluxe said:

They were bought second hand and were used only a matter of months before being damaged after toppling a couple of years ago.  Haven’t been fixed or replaced since.

Maybe they can't get a Sparky. I wonder if Steve Brown knows any.

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2023 at 3:27 PM, double deluxe said:

They were bought second hand and were used only a matter of months before being damaged after toppling a couple of years ago.  Haven’t been fixed or replaced since.

This is true.  Our illustrious Groundsman hooked them up to his tractor to take them into the stadium to put out on the pitch at some point, unfortunately he took the corner at a bit of speed and couped the lights which as you would imagine smashed into many many pieces.  So the remnants just sit there at in the ground beside the training pitches. 

6 minutes ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

This is true.  Our illustrious Groundsman hooked them up to his tractor to take them into the stadium to put out on the pitch at some point, unfortunately he took the corner at a bit of speed and couped the lights which as you would imagine smashed into many many pieces.  So the remnants just sit there at in the ground beside the training pitches. 

He must have evidence of frolicking within the main stand over the years . Maybe secret cameras installed. 

2 hours ago, Setting Son said:

He must have evidence of frolicking within the main stand over the years . Maybe secret cameras installed. 

If he has not been sacked for incompetence yet he never will because for the last few years the place was ran by incompetency.