Saints v Aberdeen Rearranged game 20th Aug

THE LARK SAINT

We eventually get the chance of a home game after playing 3 games away from home

A win and a draw at difficult grounds is a decent return for new gaffer Callum Davidson 

I don't think many will have expected anything from Ibrox so 4 points is a satisfactory start to the season 

Stop start fixtures due to  the Aberdeen  Covid seeing the original game destined to the bin,will they be allowed to play?I'm reading stories about an 8 game ban for them and the Celtic dude  but the meeting to decide is not till the 24th as far as I know 

If they are allowed to play they will not be match fit !As for us -Will Callum stick with a winning team?

Will any of the injured players be ready to play ?It will be strange not being able to attend the first home game of the season but the game is on SKY so that's a wee bonus!

So can we get our first home win ?Now we ha e wee run of home games  ,and a chance to progress up the League. 

Should be an interesting match - no idea what we are gonna get from Aberdeen but whatever it is Saints should hold a fairly big advantage over the Sheep penetrators.

Also Hibs game live on Sky on Sunday too, have Saints ever been live on Sky twice in succession before? Never mind twice in 3 days.

Kinda liking this lockdown as a long distance Saintee.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5940001/aberdeen-six-eight-players-return-training/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=scottishsunfootballfacebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1597678277

So the players have been let out of isolation early now. I hope the ref is not as accommodating as the Government and  SFA have been.

We'll have a go at this Thursday night. If you wish audio described commentary then be sure to email us as soon as possible at commentary@hrperth.co.uk.
We'll send you a zoom link later in the day so that you can listen in.

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/audio-descriptive-commentary

We better be up for this, the sheep will setup for a draw... up to us to score.

Fingers crossed we can get the win.  Set us up nicely to beat Hibs and join them on 10 points come the weekend.

Ok, 1 game at a time.... win this, move to 7 points.   Only 3 behind leaders, cant afford to drop many more points if we are to win the league.

40 minutes ago, Hospital Radio Perth said:
We'll have a go at this Thursday night. If you wish audio described commentary then be sure to email us as soon as possible at commentary@hrperth.co.uk.
We'll send you a zoom link later in the day so that you can listen in.

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/audio-descriptive-commentary

Hoodlum please explain how zoom works

27 minutes ago, Brian Potter said:

And yet we're still the underdogs going into this with the bookies at a reasonably high price.

I'll be sticking a few squid on us.

Saints were favourites until this morning. Probably means most of Aberdeen's bigger players will be back in the team. 

28 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

Saints were favourites until this morning. Probably means most of Aberdeen's bigger players will be back in the team. 

A couple of bookies had Saints as slight favourites but still at high odds for the win.

There's no way these odds reflect the players Aberdeen have unavailable plus the fact they've only played one game which they were gash in.

Get your money on a Saints win before the odds get changed!

4 minutes ago, Brian Potter said:

A couple of bookies had Saints as slight favourites but still at high odds for the win.

There's no way these odds reflect the players Aberdeen have unavailable plus the fact they've only played one game which they were gash in.

Get your money on a Saints win before the odds get changed!

I think the fact no-one is really sure what the Aberdeen team will look like makes the game quite difficult to predict from a bookies point of view. Home win/Away win/Draw are all roughly the same price which is probably about right.

11 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

I think the fact no-one is really sure what the Aberdeen team will look like makes the game quite difficult to predict from a bookies point of view. Home win/Away win/Draw are all roughly the same price which is probably about right.

Home advantage is a thing of the past I guess, apart from your shitty plastic pitches.

I'm pretty sure Aberdeen are on the verge of a crisis. Happy to make some money out of them.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Screenshot_20200819-192452_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cf547bf1000947315b9b0895b53f250d.jpg

12 hours ago, Dave H said:

We better be up for this, the sheep will setup for a draw... up to us to score.

Fingers crossed we can get the win. 

I think folk are seriously underestimating the size and quality of squad that the so called “big clubs” run with.

If McInnes decides to go with the quarantined players, which I think he will, you are looking at facing a starting 11 where large percentage, if not all, would walk straight into our first team.

Joe Lewis, Ronald Hernandez, Shay Logan, Ash Taylor, Craig Bryson, Lewis Ferguson, Ross McCrorie, Funso Ojo, Matty Kennedy, Niall McGinn, Jonny Hayes.

Name one of those players you wouldn’t take at Saints?

5 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I think folk are seriously underestimating the size and quality of squad that the so called “big clubs” run with.

If McInnes decides to go with the quarantined players, which I think he will, you are looking at facing a starting 11 where large percentage, if not all, would walk straight into our first team.

Joe Lewis, Ronald Hernandez, Shay Logan, Ash Taylor, Craig Bryson, Lewis Ferguson, Ross McCrorie, Funso Ojo, Matty Kennedy, Niall McGinn, Jonny Hayes.

Yeah, I think that's why the odds are tight as they are. Even allowing for the injuries mentioned above and some of the "bad boys" not playing, anyone who thinks Aberdeen will pitch up with team of unknowns is going to be pretty disappointed.

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Aye.

Even when Aberdeen were down 8 players, plus 2 injured, they had more senior players than us.

3 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Matty Kennedy

Hootsmon quotes McInnes as saying 4 of the "Aberdeen eight" returned to training this week - Dylan McGeouch, Jonny Hayes, Craig Bryson and Matty Kennedy.  He will consider all 4 for selection.  Cosgrove is injured and 2 of the other 4 ( one could be Cosgrove) caught Covid so would be unavailable.