Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

5 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Because apparently he is "highly regarded". Mind you, I suspect most youths are at Man U. A half decent season with us and I'd imagine he'll be offered a new contract.

What are you smoking?! High regarded at his age means being on loan at an English Prem or upper Championship team. Not on the bench at St Johnstone. He will be leaving Utd this summer. 

Just depends if there’s maybe a fleetwood or Blackpool type club sniffing around, which might be more appealing to a kid living in the NE of England anyway. 

7 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Why would they automatically offer him a contract? I’d imagine Man U burn through dozens of lads at his level and discard 95% of them.

That's what I think too. Top English clubs release huge numbers of youngsters every year. By the time Devine's loan ends he'll be 20 - if he's not even a regular starter for Saints by that stage, he's not going to suddenly break into the Man Utd team. 

2 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

What are you smoking?! High regarded at his age means being on loan at an English Prem or upper Championship team. Not on the bench at St Johnstone. He will be leaving Utd this summer. 

Just depends if there’s maybe a fleetwood or Blackpool type club sniffing around, which might be more appealing to a kid living in the NE of England anyway. 

Note "apparently". 

24 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Not tall enough Linky, but keep looking for centre backs without a club and you might find the right one, if he even gets a contract from the brief sighting today!

Can’t find anyone on Transfermarkt who matches the description and is taller than Efe Ambrose, to be honest. He’s a big guy.

7 minutes ago, Linky said:

Oh dear - it looks like it is Ambrose. I look forward to him becoming a club legend and being proved completely wrong.

I think he can work well in a back 3 with Muller to the right and McCart to the left. 

The 3 takes a lot of the strain of a defence and his experience can only help, especially of Gordon is out for a spell.