Sack the Manager?

Shibbydoo

Sack the Manager?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Has to go looks like he's lost the dressing room as county far more hungery and we gave up the ghost when 2nd went in.

Listening to Cals mate Preston on the radio would not say anything about his mate, just the lazy response about small numbers in the support, suppose he supplies most of the dross we sign.

Still a lot of happy clappers on the east moaning about folk booing, it's a worry some folk think that was acceptable, season tickets going to take a hit this year I think, people gave him the benefit last year, but enough is enough if the board let this continue.

Can't see us taking many points after the split.

Killie have outplayed us in 3 games . County have just beat us and are better at home. Motherwell will hammer us . Livi usually beat us at McDiarmid and so do United. Mind you so does everyone.

The only way will will avoid relegation is if we get rid of the clown that manages our club.

Up to now I have tried to give CD the benefit of the doubt, partly in respect of his status as an ex player (same with John Connolly)! and partly because I can no longer attend the games.   However, time must now be called.  We seem to have a pretty decent squad level but I can't help but think they suffer through inadequate coaching.   So... Davidson to go, taking McLean with him.  Liam Craig as interim manager.  I think he could probably motivate the team to survive this season. 

I used to be proud to call myself a St Johnstone Football CLUB supporter but now........... 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Liam Craigs been learning his trade from TW and Davidson, i dont think youre getting anything different from him.

Impossible to know that. What I do know is that I saw a leader when dealing with the Kelty situation last season and it wasn't our current manager.

I don't know if Liam is up to the job, but I would be willing to risk it ahead of what we currently have.

A question I d like answered, who s job is it to sack Callum ?

Is it solely Steve Brown or as far he’s concerned, he’s asked Flaherty to run things and he expects him to do it ?

If I thought that there was a meeting after todays game and they decided to give Callum the 2 games til the split then review , I’d disagree but at least someone’s making a decision.

Apologies if I m wrong but I suspect everyone just went home for their tea.

57 minutes ago, SlickDT said:

Impossible to know that. What I do know is that I saw a leader when dealing with the Kelty situation last season and it wasn't our current manager.

I don't know if Liam is up to the job, but I would be willing to risk it ahead of what we currently have.

Nothing to lose, I guess, but I just don't think it would work out well.

I've had enough of Saints legends becoming our manager and tarnishing their legacy.

Davidson time has to be up as manager of st johnstone the man is stuck  in a loop that he can't get out off 

the system and tactics that he plays has not worked for the last year and a half but  still  thinks some day all will come  good 

you must also look at the chairman and board for their gross mismanagement  of the club by giving him such a long  contract if saints cannot afford to pay Davidson  off  in one lump sum put him on gardening leave before it is to late and he relegates  us

have lost  all respect for Davidson as he is tarnishing his record  at saints as a player and first year manager when he won the cup double but that is the past and I dont think he can get close to that success ever again  so I  say to Callum go now and at least keep a shred of dignity before most saints  fans  absolutely hate you as is becoming more evident in the stands with every passing game 

33 minutes ago, MrBored said:

I just don't see this current management sacking CD. If the club gets sold, they will leave to the new owners.

As a by the by.....would you 'trust' the current people running the club to replace CD with a 'decent' alternative?

That’s the worry who is calling the shots, as anyone with an ounce of sense can see the club is a mess from the top to the bottom, no board of directors of any standing it appears to be there anymore, two guys picking up big wages doing nothing Flax and Gus MacPherson, management team are a shambles and losing the support by the week with the absolute dross on the pitch and blaming everyone but themselves, the pitch is a disgrace ball bobbling everywhere today and all the head ground guy seems capable of is watering it making like an ice rink, the catering is a total shambles, one till and four kids fighting over who fills the cup of cola! Noticed at half time today and last Saturday food kiosks were very quiet, think folks have given up waiting or stuff being sold out, another source of revenue lost due to incompetence again, it’s a recurring theme in everything they do, apart from the jolly boys golfing trips that seem to run smoothly and you get the hangers on like Alan biscuits Preston appearing at, at same time sucking the club dry with his shit players and his agents cut.

other point of interest regarding Maclean Cleland and Liam do they give Calball any opinions and basically due to his stubbornness/arrogance doesn’t listen to them, or are they yes men? If the latter no going to help their careers moving forward being in the good ship Davison.

6 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

That’s the worry who is calling the shots, as anyone with an ounce of sense can see the club is a mess from the top to the bottom, no board of directors of any standing it appears to be there anymore, two guys picking up big wages doing nothing Flax and Gus MacPherson, management team are a shambles and losing the support by the week with the absolute dross on the pitch and blaming everyone but themselves, the pitch is a disgrace ball bobbling everywhere today and all the head ground guy seems capable of is watering it making like an ice rink, the catering is a total shambles, one till and four kids fighting over who fills the cup of cola! Noticed at half time today and last Saturday food kiosks were very quiet, think folks have given up waiting or stuff being sold out, another source of revenue lost due to incompetence again, it’s a recurring theme in everything they do, apart from the jolly boys golfing trips that seem to run smoothly and you get the hangers on like Alan biscuits Preston appearing at, at same time sucking the club dry with his shit players and his agents cut.

other point of interest regarding Maclean Cleland and Liam do they give Calball any opinions and basically due to his stubbornness/arrogance doesn’t listen to them, or are they yes men? If the latter no going to help their careers moving forward being in the good ship Davison.

I don't see much consultation on the bench. When Macca was given the assistants job I thought given his passion when a player I thought we would see him sent the the stand a few times. As far as I can see he just sits there with his A4 folder.

I’m past the stage of being angry now. I’m just apathetic about the whole situation. I left at 65 minutes today. I knew there was no way we were getting back into the game and couldn’t bring myself to watch anymore of Davidson’s nonsense.

The only way things will change is if the support voice their displeasure at the games. We have a Chairman who is not interested and a non existent board of directors. On top of that we have Flax and McPherson who have no ambition and are just happy plodding along picking up a wage.

It’s a tragic state of affairs. The sooner Davidson goes the better.

12 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

I’m past the stage of being angry now. I’m just apathetic about the whole situation. I left at 65 minutes today. I knew there was no way we were getting back into the game and couldn’t bring myself to watch anymore of Davidson’s nonsense.

The only way things will change is if the support voice their displeasure at the games. We have a Chairman who is not interested and a non existent board of directors. On top of that we have Flax and McPherson who have no ambition and are just happy plodding along picking up a wage.

We used to have a saying in the building trade if you had a no user in the squad!! be a man and Jack!! definitely relevant in Davidson’s case

27 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

That's it exactly. We need the support, both home and away, to start letting the club know. If their hand has to be forced then that's the way it has to be.

Wasn't the death knell for Stark an away crowd reaction?

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Genuinely think we're going to end up getting relegated this season, and the club will have done absolutely f**k all to stop it.

Hopeless and clueless, from top to bottom.

Horrible result today, and worrying. When a club starts relying on other results, it's not a good omen. Play off v Queens Park?!