The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

5 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

The statement from Saints says that Boyd is staying on until a replacement is found, so I wouldn't have thought that will be the case.

I wonder if Boyd is going to help with finding his own replacement.

The turnover in the front office is a mirror of the club being a shambles on the pitch.

15 hours ago, MrBored said:

That is pretty horrendous, although the Rangers game will account for some of it

Maybe, but it's not as if we're the only team in the league who have had to play against Rangers. Kilmarnock have already had to play against both Rangers and Celtic, but are sitting above us in that table (although thankfully below us in the actual league table).

17 hours ago, MrBored said:

So Scott Boyd is off to pastures new...no great surprise.

Reading the blurb around the announcement it suggested that the guy who recently came in to do what Steve Brown was doing day-to-day will be 'helping' Callum with recruitment and this was one of the things he had been brought in to do....makes you wonder what Boyd was doing?...thought transfers was a big part of his role.

Can't see any hugely impressive signing coming in before the window. A McNulty type at best ... more likely an unproven youth from the Championship in England (Millwall any one?).

Flaherty appointed himself as head of recruitment

5 hours ago, Mr Dennis Wise said:

Thanks mate. I'm managing to stay off the spice. Good on you for defending this mess when they aren't even paying you.

Do you think the squad is good ?

I think it can be improved but suspect that is true for every squad in the country.

Good on you for staying off the old spice are you on to FCUK instead these days :laugh:

7 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Flaherty, get Akinyemi of Ayr United signed up NOW.

I'm sure an offer of £50, 000 would secure the deal.

He has offered more by his physical presence (admittedly against Scumdee) by bullying them, than Bair is likely to do all season.

Why can teams like Ayr and Livi pick up players from 6th tier of English football. Are we looking there ?. The guy has scored 5 goals in 4 games . His hold up play and strength was really good with a couple of brilliant flick one.

On 8/26/2022 at 9:28 PM, Cagey said:

Why can teams like Ayr and Livi pick up players from 6th tier of English football. Are we looking there ?. The guy has scored 5 goals in 4 games . His hold up play and strength was really good with a couple of brilliant flick one.

I've seen Akinyemi play many times over the last few years and I honestly don't think he's good enough for our level. He also did very little when he played against us a few weeks ago.

Having said that, he would probably get a game for us at the moment given our lack of striking options.

The 6th tier of English football has plenty of players who are better than Akinyemi, but a lot of them probably have ambitions of getting into the English Leagues One and Two where'd they'd earn more money than Saints could offer.