Theo Bair

weesainty

5 minutes ago, weesainty said:

I fail to see what he brings to the team always found wanting doesn’t give the defenders a hard time like a man his size should other than a bit of height at corners offers nothing in my opinion maybe a 6 month loan to the lower leagues to learn the Scottish game and confidence 

Would he not get eaten up in the lower leagues if he can't give defenders a hard time in the current league?

Bair's not good enough to lead the line - and certainly not good enough to continually have to drop back into his own half to help with defending. The guy has some pace and a decent touch but should be told to stay up the park and get into thebox for the chances rather than try to keep on dropping back to help create them

27 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

We have a player in Belfast this evening shaking his head. 

Bair has shown very, very little thus far. We need Kane back soon.  We have been murder as an attacking team for ages.

Kane ? WTF has he produced over the last umpteen years ? 

28 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

That's how bad it is.

Just watched all SPL highlights and all teams are stringing passes together , creating chances , working as a team , hell !  even scoring . It’s so grim on the opening day on what was watched today ! Broon , hurry up and do the deal with BINN and go ! Make sure your parting shot is taking CD out before you ! 

43 minutes ago, slf said:

Prove yer smarter than the average bear and not the new vinny arkins.

Its a tough thing to say, but I'd prefer 1992 Vinny Arkins up front than any of our current squad.

Bizarrely I was in a chippy in Dublin in 1993 totally coincidentally after a Shelbourne game and 2 guys in the queue were raving about their great new signing.  I didn't have the heart to say anything - just as well, he went on to have a stellar career in the Irish league.

He was utter gash for us though.

26 minutes ago, montrosesaintee said:

Its a tough thing to say, but I'd prefer 1992 Vinny Arkins up front than any of our current squad.

Bizarrely I was in a chippy in Dublin in 1993 totally coincidentally after a Shelbourne game and 2 guys in the queue were raving about their great new signing.  I didn't have the heart to say anything - just as well, he went on to have a stellar career in the Irish league.

He was utter gash for us though.

I like your answer.

12 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Far too timid for his size, should be bullying cb’s all day, his timing in the air is poor, May won as many headers, and did more nuisance work and he’s much smaller 

That's the problem . That's our choice 

26 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

He showed some sparks to get stuck in as the game went on and I thought timed his headers better. Truly think he just needs game time and we may have a player. Probably gametime we can give him if you look at alternatives, but I agree, not 100% ready yet. 

Think a spell out on loan till January would do him the world of good 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Pretty ridiculous thread to have started after the first league game imo. He may never prove to be worth the money, but he’s not even 23 yet, playing in a completely different country and Saturday past was just his fourth start for the club. A run of games can do wonders for a player

Goals can do a lot as well