VAR

OldPoster

8 hours ago, saintgscot said:

Sorry guys. I’ve just seen it on sportscene. I regrettably have to say VAR got both the decision wrong. I’m 70/30 it was red card but the guy touched May and he went down and for VAR to agree if it was us we would be raging.

How many times were we told it evens itself out over the season, and we all know it didnt, about time we got the rub o the green.

13 hours ago, saintgscot said:

Sorry guys. I’ve just seen it on sportscene. I regrettably have to say VAR got both the decision wrong. I’m 70/30 it was red card but the guy touched May and he went down and for VAR to agree if it was us we would be raging.

Strange to suggest that you have said VAR got both wrong??. You have said 70 /30 on the Red card so your not really sure there, And ref blew for free kick straight away for the foul at the goal. The Kilmarnock player just runs out pushes May in the back i am not aware of any laws on how hard a push it has to be for it not to be a foul? Also the second push on the Goalie would normally have been enough for a foul as well although Mathews made a hash of it ! Think you may be listening to that Bell end Foster to much  !  

HELP - There are so many differing views on VAR. A question - after the referee has blown his whistle for a foul and the players have stopped can he then change his mind. I understand if he gives a foul then realises it was wrong then the goal will stand. That’s why I can’t understand why he went to VAR on the May foul which he had given before they scored. 

4 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

HELP - There are so many differing views on VAR. A question - after the referee has blown his whistle for a foul and the players have stopped can he then change his mind. I understand if he gives a foul then realises it was wrong then the goal will stand. That’s why I can’t understand why he went to VAR on the May foul which he had given before they scored. 

I would think it is more important than ever to "Put the ball in the net and argue about later"! As all goals are checked by VAR!

Wonder how many yellow cards are issued for not stopping when the whistle goes and players put the ball in the net??   

1 hour ago, Stumpy1966 said:

First, I think the ref was right to blow for a foul on Stevie.  He got a good old fashioned dunt in the back to get him away from guarding the near post,  Pundits are fond of saying if a forward feels contact in the box he is entitled to go down and let the ref decide so the same should apply to a defender.

God knows what the VAR referral was for but they surely can't give a goal if the ref has blown for a foul.  There was similar confusion in the Hearts v Celtic game last week when Ralston had a goal disallowed because the ref had blown for a foul though nobody could work out what the foul was.

So far we have come out of VAR not too badly - expect that to change next week.

43 minutes ago, south inch said:

First, I think the ref was right to blow for a foul on Stevie.  He got a good old fashioned dunt in the back to get him away from guarding the near post,  Pundits are fond of saying if a forward feels contact in the box he is entitled to go down and let the ref decide so the same should apply to a defender.

God knows what the VAR referral was for but they surely can't give a goal if the ref has blown for a foul.  There was similar confusion in the Hearts v Celtic game last week when Ralston had a goal disallowed because the ref had blown for a foul though nobody could work out what the foul was.

So far we have come out of VAR not too badly - expect that to change next week.

Agree with this! Although the one flaw in The Steve May Push incident in the back on my mind was last week Clark and Porteous at our first goal?

5 hours ago, Stumpy1966 said:

The whistle actually went after the ball was in the net. They have to let the passage of play finish before stopping play. Hence why you will see a lot of offside play carry on then go back for offside incase there was a foul before the player was offside.

5 hours ago, Center Half said:

Strange to suggest that you have said VAR got both wrong??. You have said 70 /30 on the Red card so your not really sure there, And ref blew for free kick straight away for the foul at the goal. The Kilmarnock player just runs out pushes May in the back i am not aware of any laws on how hard a push it has to be for it not to be a foul? Also the second push on the Goalie would normally have been enough for a foul as well although Mathews made a hash of it ! Think you may be listening to that Bell end Foster to much  !  

It what the said was correct. If the ref was so clear in red card as he had full view of the incident VAR shouldn’t be getting involved.

27 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

It what the said was correct. If the ref was so clear in red card as he had full view of the incident VAR shouldn’t be getting involved.

Ralston had a similar tackle on Penrice today and Collum never even booked him.

Was a definite yellow for Brown today but the fact it took him 4 minutes to decide is unbelievable.

You see players make contact boot to boot in almost every game in EPL every week with a booking at worst.

55 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

What do you not understand any straight red card has to go to var then is decided if it was the right colour of card I was right in line of the foul and no way was that a red card yes it was a yellow

Would have been a harsh red card. Yellow was fair. Not sure we saw enough on Sportscene of the foul on May to judge it but the Ref got to see it again from presumably multiple angles. If it was 2 hands pushing with force on the back it's a foul. 

Edited by Rob

53 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

Watched the incident via the match highlights on YouTube and if that was a straight red then games will end up 5 a side, I agree yellow for the incident at best, I bet if that was an OF player against us it wouldn’t of been a red for starters.

Agree with this. Tackling has to be part of the game,  but it's obvious the sort of rules and culture around NFL slowly creaps into football with talk of "phases" and "interceptions" and other bullshit like that. So boring. IN TAE THEM!

7 hours ago, saintgscot said:

I have a question. If the linesman waves his flag for offside, and play continues, but players see the offside flag and stop defending....is that just a huge error on the defenders part, i.e. if the other team scores and offside decision/flag is overruled by VAR after?

5 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

I have a question. If the linesman waves his flag for offside, and play continues, but players see the offside flag and stop defending....is that just a huge error on the defenders part, i.e. if the other team scores and offside decision/flag is overruled by VAR after?

I think the linesmen are told not to raise their flag until that phase of play is complete. That's why the crowd get annoyed at late flags. Linesmen and fans will take a while to get used to it.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I think the linesmen are told not to raise their flag until that phase of play is complete. That's why the crowd get annoyed at late flags. Linesmen and fans will take a while to get used to it.

That is the rules thanks tae Uefa, they are looking at it ,and may change it fir next season.

On 10/30/2022 at 8:01 PM, Total Stranger said:

What do you not understand any straight red card has to go to var then is decided if it was the right colour of card I was right in line of the foul and no way was that a red card yes it was a yellow

I do get it and must sit near you as it was right in front of me. Also not all straight red card has to go to VAR. So maybe I do get it

20 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

No from what I believe with the premiership in England the linesman won’t flag for offside until the passage of play has stopped and then take the play back to where the offside was.

23 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Play to the whistle even more so now with VAR.