The January 2023 transfer window thread

blueheaven

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Not really. They once gloated about getting Alex Harris from Hibs because they were getting rid of Martin Boyle.

To be fair, Boyle was pretty terrible for Dundee I seem to remember.

We've just signed a player who didn't do hugely well in the SPFL, is having an average season in the Championship, and whose fans are glad to see the back of, but because Dundee fans were once wrong about a player 8 years ago, he might be a success?

Rudden was fairly handy at Partick…

He’s probably better than Bair is right now, allows Bair to go out and get games rather than 10 minutes here and there, thus actually developing. It’s only a six-month loan so if he’s shite, we’re not saddled with him. He’ll more than likely be third choice, potentially fourth once Chris Kane is back 

18 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Rudden might do well. I hope he does. But I can't be the only one who thinks Davidson's approach to the transfer market is just one gigantic mess.

You've hit the nail on the head. Especially with your post this am about him not knowing how to play attackers and just hoping something clicks.

I'm fairly sure he signed Carey in the vain hope he'd conjure up a worldie 7-8 times a season. 

Where is this fantastic youth set up we are meant to have ?

There is not a single player that I can see even close to the first team, Max is probably the closest and we ve seen so little of him.

Instead we are taking loan players from Celtic, Aberdeen and now Dundee ffs.

We ve numerous lads been out on loan first half of season, why ? If all we re going to do is then not give them a chance and then release them.

The way Callum builds a squad, there’s an argument for just scrapping all the Youth set up is there not ? If nobody ever steps up, what’s the point ?

I can’t think we ve had anyone step up since Callum took over, have we ?

18 minutes ago, Strawman said:

Where is this fantastic youth set up we are meant to have ?

There is not a single player that I can see even close to the first team, Max is probably the closest and we ve seen so little of him.

Instead we are taking loan players from Celtic, Aberdeen and now Dundee ffs.

We ve numerous lads been out on loan first half of season, why ? If all we re going to do is then not give them a chance and then release them.

The way Callum builds a squad, there’s an argument for just scrapping all the Youth set up is there not ? If nobody ever steps up, what’s the point ?

I can’t think we ve had anyone step up since Callum took over, have we ?

Under 18s in the semi final of the cup and apparently doing well in their league but from some reason the management don't seem to be proud of them. Hopefully not a coincidence that Liam is now managing them alongside Clelland.

You see teams in EPL and even in Scotland giving 16 year olds a chance. Davidson doesn't seem to think you are ready for first team until they are over 23 unless your on loan from another Premiership club.

20 minutes ago, weesainty said:

Do we think they will be any other moves in or out

Aye with the organisational skills up there just now, probably think there is still another week on the window left! But seemingly another defender according to Nicholson at the courier, be one of agents biscuits cast offs no doubt!

11 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Aye with the organisational skills up there just now, probably think there is still another week on the window left! But seemingly another defender according to Nicholson at the courier, be one of agents biscuits cast offs no doubt!

Loan window is open to clubs outwith the Premiership until March 

4 hours ago, Linky said:

To be fair, Boyle was pretty terrible for Dundee I seem to remember.

We've just signed a player who didn't do hugely well in the SPFL, is having an average season in the Championship, and whose fans are glad to see the back of, but because Dundee fans were once wrong about a player 8 years ago, he might be a success?

Does your glass ever top 1/4 capacity?

30 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Does your glass ever top 1/4 capacity?

In the past I've always been pretty positive about signings even when others have rubbished them. With Davidson, I don't see anything much to be positive about. There is no focus, no plan, no sense to any of his signings. With some, we don't even get to find out if they might be decent as they are frozen out and then leave.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Apparently us done for the night, in and out.

8995431_Screenshot2023-01-31204028.png.6ea7e5fa97bf47714e77381ff6cc3fd9.png

30 senior players, with numerous younger players also training with the first team like Wills, Sandford, Dailly and Moreland.

So unbalanced a squad.every since Owen Coyle came in we have bought good young players in and built three left backs one right back.two many midfielders

. club is in a poor way 

17 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

He played 200 minutes for us.

Think how many young players have been written off after 3 games only to become key players by the end, Darnell Fisher always the first i think of.

Reported on Twitter that Linfield have offered him a PCA anyway, so thatll be that for his Saints career regardless.

Why is it when anyone says saints are a small team they get told off for being stuck in the 80s.........................................but then next minute we are a small team that can blood players that are not good enough for our level.

So we are either a wee team that can blood players, and afford to throw away minutes to "propects"

Or we are a big team that can't be taking risks on players who are not making it at the grade.

And this player has taken two seasons in the Dog & Duck league for RaggyArse Rovers to find his goalscoring prowess.....via a few tap ins!

Thank god we never wasted more time on the lad.... could have cost us those two cups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!