Scottish cup 2022/23

Cagey

11 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Just heard on the wireless that Rangers have 75% of the tickets at Hampden today for the LC Semi v Aberdeen.

THink everyone needs to complain about this, how dare they fill the stadium! 

Details +44 (0)141 620 4140. Fax: +44 (0)141 620 4141 email info@spfl.co.uk

How many season ticket holders were displaced by the decision??

oh wait….

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Could it be that he is that inexperienced/unaware that he didn’t even know about the 20% being retained. Still a worry either way!

You would think he would know that however i did think it strange though that he used the match being a Category A as part of the excuse.

Category A is the least expensive of the 3 match categories where police presence is required.

Category C old firm Derby type match is much more expensive to police.

4 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Just heard on the wireless that Rangers have 75% of the tickets at Hampden today for the LC Semi v Aberdeen.

THink everyone needs to complain about this, how dare they fill the stadium! 

Details +44 (0)141 620 4140. Fax: +44 (0)141 620 4141 email info@spfl.co.uk

Ah yes, Hampden Park, home of Aberdeen Football Club. 

Hard to say for sure as Saints apparently can't be arsed to publicise attendance figures any more, but it seemed like a significantly lower home support at the Livi game than usual. There were empty seats around me that I'm fairly sure are normally filled by season ticket holders. Can't help but think people are now so pissed off that it's not just the Rangers cup game they're giving a swerve.

The club is heading for disastrous season ticket renewal sales when the time comes. Do they even care?

48 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Hard to say for sure as Saints apparently can't be arsed to publicise attendance figures any more, but it seemed like a significantly lower home support at the Livi game than usual. There were empty seats around me that I'm fairly sure are normally filled by season ticket holders. Can't help but think people are now so pissed off that it's not just the Rangers cup game they're giving a swerve.

The club is heading for disastrous season ticket renewal sales when the time comes. Do they even care?

There were loads of kids in East . I don't know if they were distributed through schools or what but if they and their parents got free tickets they certainly won't be back. So yeah if there weren't kids and parents there it would have been worst attendance of the season.

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

There were loads of kids in East . I don't know if they were distributed through schools or what but if they and their parents got free tickets they certainly won't be back. So yeah if there weren't kids and parents there it would have been worst attendance of the season.

2,899 in attendance. 

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Previous lowest this year was 3355 v Ross County

7 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Attendances this season:

Hibs 5793, Abd 5871, St M 3640, Ross C 3355, Celtic 7093, Killine 3995, Rangers 7,487, Well 4055, Hearts 7058, Utd 7116, Livvy 2899

Celtic had 4505 tickets for the Saturday 12.30 game and Rangers slightly more for the Sunday noon game.

Still a decent saints support at both old firm games.

Attendances have been good this  year up to Saturday,  a lot of goodwill being undone and still silence from the club, who is in charge and what the heck is going on.

3 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Attendances this season:

Hibs 5793, Abd 5871, St M 3640, Ross C 3355, Celtic 7093, Killine 3995, Rangers 7,487, Well 4055, Hearts 7058, Utd 7116, Livvy 2899

Celtic had 4505 tickets for the Saturday 12.30 game and Rangers slightly more for the Sunday noon game.

Still a decent saints support at both old firm games.

Attendances have been good this  year up to Saturday,  a lot of goodwill being undone and still silence from the club, who is in charge and what the heck is going on.

I agree. I've noticed attendances have been slighty up and and in the grand scheme of things not too bad considering the times we live in.

It's a shame that the Saints fans who are going to this seem to be getting caught in the cross fire.

21 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I agree. I've noticed attendances have been slighty up and and in the grand scheme of things not too bad considering the times we live in.

It's a shame that the Saints fans who are going to this seem to be getting caught in the cross fire.

I think the FCU have been a big help and core home support sitting around 3,000.

Cup games are special and always bring out more folk.

28 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Livi, St mirren etc tell the story and make the argument for us.......without big numbers of away fans we'd struggle for finances and a decent average home attendances.

It's just the way it us...we are doing really well and the club do what they must with the OF games

8 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Season tickets are not valid for Cup games.

Oh wait...

You know the point I’m trying to make, be pedantic though it’s getting you loads of happy clapping points. 

Were you there in the dark days of the second division? Come on complete the set. 

31 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Livi, St mirren etc tell the story and make the argument for us.......without big numbers of away fans we'd struggle for finances and a decent average home attendances.

It's just the way it us...we are doing really well and the club do what they must with the OF games

I think should wait until we see the figures for 2022/23 before we says we are doing really well.

26 minutes ago, slf said:

Is there going to be a demo ?

The lowest home attendance in nearly 40 years will tell its own story.

The closer it gets to the game, the more angry I become about the way the club are treating us (the supporters). If they had contacted season ticket holders and others weeks ago and said that due to an increase in Policing costs etc they were considering moving us from the East Stand, but then went on to say that they would not do that if the home supporters turned out in numbers, then I think most people would have got behind the club. We could have marketed it as a big occasion under the lights at McDiarmid. They could be using social media to build up the game by using brilliant memories of Scottish Cup runs from before like the Stevie May game against Aberdeen at Ibrox and the Spoony chop against Hibs in the 20/21 final, yet here we are, a few days before the game and despite less than 300 tickets being sold to home supporters, we have still heard nothing from the club.

One of the main reasons that I have always felt proud to support Saints is the family connection that the club has had and the feeling that as a supporter we are not just a number. The past few weeks have soured that completely. To not even acknowledge that they have made a mistake or try to make amends is unbelievable. That the club feel they are doing nothing wrong by handing over our traditional stand to them and effectively making a one off cup tie a home game for them is disgusting. 

I am delighted that the majority of our support seem to have recognised the fact that the club are treating us with such contempt and will not attend on Saturday.