Scottish cup 2022/23

Cagey

Time for the club to acknowledge their mistake either individually or collectively.

Saints will have potentially lost £60/90k gate receipts they would have been hoping for with the loss of 2 to 3000 saints fans not going, so is not only a PR disaster but a financial sore one.

An offer to put up some temporary protection ( timber frame and plywood - GS Brown have joiners) to protect the mural, would be a gesture.

Not going myself due to the 3 stands issue, £30 price plus the football we are having to endure.

After the game need to draw a line under this and move on, as what we are watching is brutal and we need to turn this around!

3 minutes ago, saintcraigieboy said:

After the game need to draw a line under this and move on, as what we are watching is brutal and we need to turn this around!

Why? Does everything just go back to normal after the game?

Does it ****. Flaherty is still a lying condescending shitehawk, we could still be moved from our stand for the next Bigots game and Callum Davidson still doesn't have a clue how to manage a football team. This will run until Geoff kicks everycunt out and gets back to the day job.

15 hours ago, dave mc said:

I see your point Aitchy,but it’s not the players or even CD’s  fault,for a change,so I’m going to support them, hope you don’t miss the final,as a person of principle wouldn’t then jump on the glory hunter trail :ph34r:

A Fifer crossing the picket line. Some things never change.

1 hour ago, saintcraigieboy said:

This is exactly what the club will be hoping for. Stick this out and stay silent until after the game, then get back to normal once it's over and the fans move on to the next thing to moan about.

And this is exactly why fans need to continue to hold them to account over this and insist that they start communicating with us properly.

58 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Why? Does everything just go back to normal after the game?

Does it ****. Flaherty is still a lying condescending shitehawk, we could still be moved from our stand for the next Bigots game and Callum Davidson still doesn't have a clue how to manage a football team. This will run until Geoff kicks everycunt out and gets back to the day job.

I appreciate the strength of feeling, but this kind of post undermines your arguments. Why should anyone from the club engage with fans if they are going to be subjected to that kind of abuse in a public forum. 

4 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Checked in on the ticket site this morning and the availability is frightning!

Got to think the press are going to be all over this. Where is Nicholson?

The team have their own issues on the pitch and the faithful are in the hoose. Embarrising!

Nicolson and  co spent a lot of time on the Courier podcast on Friday focusing on the subject. Mostly about giving Rangers 3 stands but also the £30. I hope the media don't focus on tight fermers not wanting to pay as it is more about giving the stadium to Rangers as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, Dooj said:

I appreciate the strength of feeling, but this kind of post undermines your arguments. Why should anyone from the club engage with fans if they are going to be subjected to that kind of abuse in a public forum. 

Spot on Dooj; there is a way to show your displeasure and this type of diatribe undermines fans who have respect for the club.

2 hours ago, Dooj said:

That's an extreme post. The vast majority are reasonably negative. If anyone from the club bothered to do their job in the first place and actually communicated with the fans then they wouldn't be subjected to such negativity in the first place. If you think 'that kind of abuse' is only online then I don't think you've been to a game for a while.

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

It's a pity Jeanfield Swifts aren't at home on Saturday. It would have made quite the statement if the Saints support had rocked up on mass at the Riverside and spent their money there instead.

Perhaps someone should pick a local junior game and ask as many to attend . Be it Kinnoull , Luncarty , he’ll even Scone Thistle ! Would look good in the local rag . 

49 minutes ago, GOB10 said:

Letham aren't really an option seen as fergie the manager and most his boys are blue noses

Hopefully just with the cold weather on the blue nose front ! ?? Mind you when when the dust settles and after an 8-0 thrashing then Sunday streets of Perth be full of rangers top wearing fuds !!!  “ hey man ! Got ten Bob ? When does the Chemist open ? “ 

11 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

Where is Kelty playing at, seeing the rot stated with them 

A wee peaceful protest outside the main entrance around 2 before the weegees descend for 5 then go ! Mind you these weegs will be standing waiting on team bus !! Look look it’s Tav ! Geez a wave Tav ! Beal Oih Beal !!  Am having an orgasm as he waved at me !!!!  Right ma wanes coming with me to get smashed in pub !!!! 

9 hours ago, Dooj said:

Believe me, I've engaged with board members past and present in several tones and they were more than willing to listen.

7 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Spot on Dooj; there is a way to show your displeasure and this type of diatribe undermines fans who have respect for the club.

Yadda yadda ya. Boring t***.

I am really struggling to get my head round the complete disinterest from the club on this.

Be it Ian Flaherty, Roddy Grant, Steve Brown ……… anyone , it feels like it must be 75% of our fans, maybe more are not attending this game and the club are doing nothing to address the situation.

My first ever Scottish Cup tie was Whitehill Welfare at home in the 80s and I might have missed one since but I can’t think of one I ve missed since apart from the Covid year. Had to get a ticket in wrong end for Inverness Caledonian before they merged with Th.

Theres just zero effort being made to communicate with fans, I know it’s been said 100 times already but it’s total disbelief to me that they are relying on leaked emails to other fans to communicate with us.

They have the info, they can see who normally attends and can see who hasn’t bought tickets, even at this late stage, some kind of apology that they ve got this wrong and a willingness to show things will improve would see a lot of us buy tickets I m sure.

For me it’s actually gone beyond the price rise, and the moving to main stand, it’s now more the way they ve dealt with it. As soon as they stopped treating us like fans and like customers then it’s interesting that a lot of us thought like customers and voted by not buying tickets. I keep hearing it’s because the club has to run like a business, well what business can afford to take the risk of pissing off 75 % ish of their normal customer base.

Right now I doubt Saints will make any more money than they would have by leaving us in the East Stand as it doesn’t look like being a sell out crowd and they’ve caused so much bad feeling. I m presuming it was the young lads put the banner up, I know guys in their 60s refusing to go who would normally, this is across our entire support.

If it was being run like a business, you’d try to address the situation, why the silence ?

I fail to see how the club continues with Flaherty there but I ve no idea if that’s unfair, how much it’s his fault, how often he’s even at the club I ve no idea. Sometimes it feels like nobody works at the club, maybe that’s part of the problem, is Ian Flaherty full time or two afternoons a week , I dunno.

I just feel someone needs to try build a bridge although I fear it’s been left to long now to have any change to Saturday, I know there’s nothing the club can now do re stands and pricing, that ship sailed as soon as they first announced it. They didn’t have to let it cause this much bad feeling.

I was at Jeanfield Swifts Scottish Cup tie with Brechin City so have at least seen a Scottish cup game this season.

17 hours ago, Aitchy said:

You do realise it’s not the 1980’s anymore? We are not some plucky little club floundering in the lower leagues.

If you can’t grasp why people are angry about this situation by now, you never will.

No we are not. Of course not. But football is a fickle business so don't take too much for granted, not least when the ownership is about to change. St Johnstone first team are not where the money is to be made.... that's also the realisation many are yet to arrive at. So by NOT doing what the club have done would be negligent to that memory of the 1980s, which are never that far away....as we almost found out part of last seaon via a play-off.

We need to watch our back, and decision like this one is to be commended. You are entitled to nothing.

8 hours ago, MySpazz said:

No we are not. Of course not. But football is a fickle business so don't take too much for granted, not least when the ownership is about to change. St Johnstone first team are not where the money is to be made.... that's also the realisation many are yet to arrive at. So by NOT doing what the club have done would be negligent to that memory of the 1980s, which are never that far away....as we almost found out part of last seaon via a play-off.

We need to watch our back, and decision like this one is to be commended. You are entitled to nothing.

Ok Rishi 

8 hours ago, Strawman said:

For me it’s actually gone beyond the price rise, and the moving to main stand, it’s now more the way they ve dealt with it. As soon as they stopped treating us like fans and like customers then it’s interesting that a lot of us thought like customers and voted by not buying tickets. I keep hearing it’s because the club has to run like a business, well what business can afford to take the risk of pissing off 75 % ish of their normal customer base.

Excellent post and I particularly agree with the bit I've quoted above (although I think it's more like 90% at the moment!): this isn't really about the initial decision any more. It's about the club's handling of the response, which is not just infuriating and alienating fans - it's also just plain baffling.

I'm seeing Flaherty take a lot of the blame for this but surely this has to be a Steve Brown call? I cannot believe for a second that the chairman wouldn't have stepped in by this stage if this was all happening without his approval. He'd have told Flahery and co to sort it out. And I also can't believe that Flaherty has been given the kind of power that would allow him to make these kind of decisions without Brown's sign-off. I've heard recent examples of Brown stepping in to get involved in relatively small goings-on at the club, so there's no way what's happening at the moment hasn't been okayed by him.

As to how Brown could possibly think silence is the best course of action right now is anyone's guess. Is this a Mark Guidi strategy and for some reason Brown is too trusting of his "Head of PR"? Guidi is a supposed PR expert, and also an experienced journalist, yet appears to have absolutely no personal presence on social media. Does that not seem a bit unusual to anyone else?

8 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Absolutely nonsense.

Of course our first team is where money can be made. Even though we did not get enough money for McCann, do you not think that money has significantly contributed towards the financial wellbeing of the club? What about the fees over the past ten years for May, O’Halloran and Kerr?

Do you not think that alienating over 2000 of our core customers is a bizarre business decision? The strength of feeling about this situation amongst a high proportion of our support is such that people may decide they no longer want to purchase merchandise or season tickets moving forward. 

It’s ok now and again to criticise the club. Do you believe the have handled this situation well in terms of communication? Do you not wish your club showed some more ambition?