Steve Brown Standing Down

Bruno Strasser

On 12/10/2022 at 9:53 AM, pezza70 said:

A statue is a great idea surely it would have the support of everyone within the local football community and even P&K Council

Surely the statue should be of Steve who has seen us win 3 cups , in Europe and top 6 in most years of his tenure.

20 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Maybe someone like Stuart Cosgrove will know wealthy people/investors/other club owners? Also, has there been any examples of large clubs buying smaller clubs as kind of a feeder team model, or is that not legal? Like an English premiership club etc

I think UEFA rules make it difficult as both teams could end up competing in the same UEFA competition, one of the problems of supporting such a successful team. 

Not a problem if you support Dundee, their players only need their passports for their holidays to Benidorm.

1 hour ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Maybe someone like Stuart Cosgrove will know wealthy people/investors/other club owners? Also, has there been any examples of large clubs buying smaller clubs as kind of a feeder team model, or is that not legal? Like an English premiership club etc

I think  Red Bull seem to be a organisation that have still to move into the UK . 

Man City are also a Club that own several others:

• Manchester City (England)
  • New York City (USA)
  • Melbourne City (Australia)
  • Yokohama F. Marinos (Japan)
  • Club Atletico Torque (Uruguay)
  • Girona (Spain)
  • Sichuan Jiuniu (China)

surely Ewan McGregor could get some of his pals together to buy the Club :laugh: he could come in without a tie if he wanted then. 

Edited by mainstand

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

I think  Red Bull seem to be a organisation that have still to move into the UK . 

Man City are also a Club that own several others:

• Manchester City (England)
  • New York City (USA)
  • Melbourne City (Australia)
  • Yokohama F. Marinos (Japan)
  • Club Atletico Torque (Uruguay)
  • Girona (Spain)
  • Sichuan Jiuniu (China)

surely Ewan McGregor could get some of his pals together to buy the Club :laugh: he could come in without a tie if he wanted then. 

A Ewan McGregor/ Stuart Cosgrove / Leo Sayer led consortium can’t go wrong for the peoples club haha

9 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

Just a wee bit of a dash in hopes here. But Ewan isn’t actually a Saints fan so can’t see him being interested. But u never know.

Recall him being an old firm glory hunter or English Premiership as many Crieff *ssholes were, not enough of us saints there. Some less relevant facts ... he was a bad goalie and his dad Jock was our gym teacher, a right b'stard. Agree not likely, he left Scotland also.

Here's a target list for Broon.... keep it local. Step up Mohammed Mahdi Al Tajir, we may even let you put Highland Spring Water on our shirts. 

width=

10 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Recall him being an old firm glory hunter or English Premiership as many Crieff *ssholes were, not enough of us saints there. Some less relevant facts ... he was a bad goalie and his dad Jock was our gym teacher, a right b'stard. Agree not likely, he left Scotland also.

Here's a target list for Broon.... keep it local. Step up Mohammed Mahdi Al Tajir, we may even let you put Highland Spring Water on our shirts. 

width=

And on that point and knowing Ewan himself and also many Saints fans fro Crieff. A few who were on  the bus journey to Monaco. But yeah he is a Celtic fan and part time Saints fan. Also his parents are lovely people as well.  It we do all hate ex teachers LAUGH OUT LOUD

48 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

And on that point and knowing Ewan himself and also many Saints fans fro Crieff. A few who were on  the bus journey to Monaco. But yeah he is a Celtic fan and part time Saints fan. Also his parents are lovely people as well.  It we do all hate ex teachers LAUGH OUT LOUD

Well I'm glad to hear all that, not my memory of school, except the celtic bit :eek: 

I wasn't local, bused in from boonies, but I recall being outnumbered by old firm at school. I also have a swimming incident forever imbedded in my nightmares! 

15 hours ago, Kinnoull Kicker said:

Maybe an approach to Brian Souter?  Not sure if he is interested in football - but sure knows how to run and grow businesses……plus it would be an investment in his his own community.

Not someone I'd be pleased to see leading our club, given the nature of some of the political campaigning he's backed in the past.

6 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

width=

Was it the guy that runs Highland Spring that started the new golf course development at Gleneagles and built the clubhouse which is now derelict. They must have written off millions on that deal. 

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Does anyone know what percentage of the club's shares the Brown family actually own? And who the owners of other significant amounts of shares are? (I know there was a share issue many years ago so there are some fans out there with small numbers of shares.)

According to the Jim Spence article Brown owns 75%: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/3964003/jim-spence-st-johnstone-will-be-out-of-local-hands-for-the-first-time-in-their-history-and-another-stadium-move-could-be-on-the-cards/

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

That's a very strange piece from Jim Spence. It basically looks like a whole article of him plucking stuff from his imagination and saying it might happen.

Jim Spence has been very strange for a number of years. Had to unfollow him on Twitter due to a number of his bizarre views.

I am not 100% sure of the breakdown of the shares. Usually about 30/40 others at shareholder meetings.

Personally I hope the club is sold sooner rather than later. Whilst I would never questions the Browns commitment to the club, it does nobody any favours having a potential sale hanging over the heads of the club for months if not years. 

6 hours ago, mainstand said:

Was it the guy that runs Highland Spring that started the new golf course development at Gleneagles and built the clubhouse which is now derelict. They must have written off millions on that deal. 

Yeah it was him and I don’t believe it’s derelict. It still seems to be a well kept golf course and has people play now and again. Also has security or had chasing away passers by.

18 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

width=

Crieff is full of bigot glory hunters from both cheeks, most of them get as near to any games by reading the daily record or their one game when they turn up at Perth. Think I was about the only saints supporter in my year at Crieff high in the eighties, hopefully a few more these days as saints weren’t exactly setting it alight in that era, but with recent success etc.

as for McGreegor my mum worked for them and  I don’t think he had much interest in football, more a thespian and rugger guy from Morrisons Academy.

Edited by crieffsaintandy

13 hours ago, garydavidson said:

As I was saying: The ground will be sold, the club will move again to a better stadium which has some sort of corporate element, and perhaps a bar that's not a dungeon!

Saints have prospered at McD, but it's the one thing that could hold them back. Who wants a 30 year old ground with all those costs, and a boggy pitch.....

American owners? The cynical US sports biz of monetising everything, is not what saints are about....yet!

Really sad to see the Brown family sell up.  We've been spoiled....

11 hours ago, blueheaven said:

That's a very strange piece from Jim Spence. It basically looks like a whole article of him plucking stuff from his imagination and saying it might happen.

WHich bits, i think he is saying what Brown has said to him..... in the long chat, so i'd not be too dismissive of the text

On 12/10/2022 at 2:00 PM, Sergei said:

I also don't think sponsoring an existing stadium really works, only when it's a new build. They're too established under their existing name that most fans would still just call it that no matter what it was officially changed to 

Good point, what's the Emirates Stadium really called!