St Johnstone vs Dundee - 2/9/23

Aitchy

Feeling a bit more optimistic about this one after our performance last week. Will be interesting to see how we handle having to come out and play more attacking though. Home performances in the main have been dreadful to watch for the past few years, hopefully we will see a much more positive approach.

Dundee look to be in the best place for they have been for years. Plenty of options throughout their team with an experienced keeper and defence.

Do we play the same team that started last week? Jephcott still looks short of fitness and fans of his previous clubs have all suggested that he is not a lone striker. Does someone drop out and we bring May into partner him up top or will we see Costelloe play closer to him? 

All the makings of a good game with a hopefully a decent crowd. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, rik2304 said:

This is probably the truest indicator of where we are as a team. 

I think it’s still early days to judge the team. Unfortunately our lack of planning in terms of recruitment means we will are playing catch up and it’s likely to take a few more weeks until all the new players gel and we get a better indication of where we are.

In saying that, we really need to be picking up point’s tomorrow. The next four games include Rangers at home and Hibs and Aberdeen away.

Based on last week I think May has to come back in for Jephcott, with the rest of the team remaining pretty much the same (other than possibly Gordon back in for Considine?).

Feels to me almost like we need 12 players at the moment as I can see the current system working well for us right up until you get to the striking positions and one player up front just doesn't seem like enough. Perhaps once Kane's fit it'll work a bit better, but my main doubt at the moment is still how we're going to actually score goals. Hopefully tomorrow will give us more of an indication of how Macca actually wants us to attack. Does Turner-Cooke turn into almost a second striker when we're going forward?

Feel like we could be in for a good game tomorrow. Feels nice to actually be looking forward to a game.