Aberdeen v Saints, 08/10/2023

Broggy Man

3 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Biggest disappointment from today has to be that the subs who came off the bench added nothing. We definitely weakened when Kane, May and MacPherson came on.

Thought Kane did ok. MacPherson seems too light at times and easily crowded out.

Overall a decent performance from Saints some great play in the first half with Smith slotting in well to the midfield. Sprangler was excellent and Costelloe did ok as well although his first touch can be poor. 

Didn't play that bad today to be fair, held on a bit at the end. Jephcott just isn't a lone ST for me.. don't get anything from him.  Also carey constantly starting is beyond silly now.. offer's absolutely hee haw. His shooting is horrendous..his crossing is diabolical.. why is he starting every week!

34 minutes ago, GOB10 said:

Didn't play that bad today to be fair, held on a bit at the end. Jephcott just isn't a lone ST for me.. don't get anything from him.  Also carey constantly starting is beyond silly now.. offer's absolutely hee haw. His shooting is horrendous..his crossing is diabolical.. why is he starting every week!

3 shots , none on target tells the story of why we are bottom. Played well and maybe should have won by all accounts , but we didn't. Green shoots and at least we are not going into break on a bummer.

Carey looks like a footballer but his crosses , set pieces and shooting is abysmal. I would have kept Taylor Steven as Carey has no real competition.

Decent performance against a team with their confidence up,not much between the teams. Sprangler a definite find and I like the look of Robinson .Drey looks like he’s starting to get back to something like last season’s form.Don’t get all the hate for Carey, at least he always makes himself available and as someone else showed on another topic his stats are as good as most in this league. I know people like to ignore stats but they are usually a good pointer.

I agree that Carey has been far from convincing at times, but looking at his instagram page it’s easy to see why his mind may have been elsewhere. Hopefully all is ok with his family. 

Football players are no different to the rest of us. If you have problems outside of the workplace it can impact on your performance at work. 

1 hour ago, pezza70 said:

It says something about this years SPL that we are still just hanging around the teams above even though we haven’t won a game after 8 games and only scored three goals to go with that.

I don’t know if I should laugh or cry about it all.

Next three games are crucial as to where we will be at the end of the first phase. Start of the second phase is brutal as well.

14 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Biggest disappointment from today has to be that the subs who came off the bench added nothing. We definitely weakened when Kane, May and MacPherson came on.

Subs changed the game , theirs improved their team ,ours didn't .

Was Max injured or knackered ?.

• blueheaven changed the title to Aberdeen v Saints, 10/10/2023
  • blueheaven changed the title to Aberdeen v Saints, 08/10/2023