WHO IS NEXT IN THE HOT SEAT..

GOB10

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Aye. Martindale seems to spend most of his free time now trying to help rehabilitate others and regularly visits prisoners to try and encourage them to stay away from crime when theyre released.

Quite why someone who does that, and who rose from literally nothing to a top flight manager through nothing but hard work, is treated with such snobbery is beyond me.

Not everyone is lucky enough to grow up with good role models and have a perfect life.

Absolutely nothing to do with snobbery! We as a club have prided ourselves through the years as a family club hence the reason we closed the door on two strikers that stepped out of they lines. We are proud to have nothing to do with some of the nonsense that goes on with other clubs in the spl. We dont need the Circus of a ex gangster rolling into town!. Honestly dont understand people getting uptight with others who are not wanting him at the club! Hes a half decent manager who now looks like he is on the decline.. is he really worth dividing a fan base over? Not in my eyes.

4 minutes ago, GOB10 said:

Absolutely nothing to do with snobbery! We as a club have prided ourselves through the years as a family club hence the reason we closed the door on two strikers that stepped out of they lines. We are proud to have nothing to do with some of the nonsense that goes on with other clubs in the spl. We dont need the Circus of a ex gangster rolling into town!. Honestly dont understand people getting uptight with others who are not wanting him at the club! Hes a half decent manager who now looks like he is on the decline.. is he really worth dividing a fan base over? Not in my eyes.

Youre trolling, my boy, so its good night from me.

Perhaps saints are close to getting a new owner or have some advanced talks and under an NDA, during interview procedures, could play a factor for a more senior figure?

I was quite surprised that we took action so quickly.

Any aspiring manager I think would have concern on what tools/money he would have available to dig us out of this hole. 

I think who we end up getting could tell us a lot as in what financial and/or future of the club looks like.

I think Martindale would be a neutral to this point though, because Livi ownership change does not look good, and if I were him, I wouldn't see a future there.

You’re spot on, my problem with the current state of affairs is the Club is up for sale and has been for a while with no clear interest. I feel for Macca as we lost 17 players, he was given no real cash and went for what he could with free transfers and loans. 

who is going to buy a club at the bottom of the league, no manager and some questionable performance this season? 

6 minutes ago, Gekko said:

Heads up!!!

McBookie now saying on the "Next St. Johnstone manager" page that "This event is not available".

Has a decision been made?

Apparently this is a regular thing at night, so doesn't actually mean anything.

Oh well...

1 hour ago, KinrossSaint said:

You’re spot on, my problem with the current state of affairs is the Club is up for sale and has been for a while with no clear interest. I feel for Macca as we lost 17 players, he was given no real cash and went for what he could with free transfers and loans. 

who is going to buy a club at the bottom of the league, no manager and some questionable performance this season? 

There’s two of us?

3 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Ah yes, the St. Johnstone manager was a drug dealer so I’ll become a drug dealer. 

I believe he does a lot of work educating younger people be that with local schools, community clubs etc. and talks about his past. That, plus him seeming like a decent and honest bloke, sounds like a decent role model to me. This isn’t a constant reoffender, or somebody who’s tried to hide his past, this is a man who’s taken responsibility, showed remorse, turned his life around and become a better person for it. 

Aye everyone makes mistakes and should be given a second chance.Shows the character of the man to stand up to the inevitable criticism when your in the public eye.

7 hours ago, KinrossSaint said:

Valid point on the no but let’s be real.. 

Livingston finished 7th last year, and are 6 points ahead of us this season and they are not even close to the same situation as us. He’ll get a bigger budget than us even at Livingston. 

it definitely bears relevance, what kind of example does that lead by? A leader of a team who was selling drugs previous to his managerial role? Ask yourself if you were hiring a manager for your company would you be thrilled of that history? I wouldn’t 🤷🏻‍♂️

Livingston went £800k into the red last season & are heading  for another big loss ths season. They have financial problems

Think Martindale has ruled himself out of the running by quoting he'll only leave Livi if the board want him to go etc. He would have been my first choice tbh. I'm glad Lennon has stated its not for him, I'm sure he was never in contention anyway. Moneys still on Scott Brown (£5 at 16/1) until he distances himself 🤣

Edited by chips

16 hours ago, KinrossSaint said:

Apparently isn’t under contract at Livi, Lennon wouldn’t take the job because we don’t have a few million to throw at players and if ROI job becomes available surely he would stick his name down for that? 

David Healy would be a good fit, good record at Linfield and works well with younger players..  

Awful lot of big assumptions being made here. Martindale has said what he's said because he's currently employed by another club. You might be right on Lennon but you don't know what he'd say yes or no to. A lot of people probably would have said Duncan Ferguson would have said no, but he's gone and taken a job at the bottom of the league below us. Some people were saying McInnes would say no to us and yet he also ended up taking a championship job.

Agree with you on Healy and I think he'd be a fantastic appointment, but he's had opportunities to take far better-paying jobs in England and hasn't gone. I'd be surprised if he would give up what he has at Linfield to come and struggle here.

1 hour ago, mike_gain said:

I'd say Scott Brown and John Robertson are in the hat.....but it'll end up being Billy Dodds.

Why would we be interested in Billy Dodds when he spent the last couple of seasons failing to get ICT out of the Championship and ended up being sacked for taking them to the bottom of that league? We'd be as well sticking with Macca if that was the plan.