Motherwell v Saints, 9 Dec 2023

blueheaven

BBC have Mitov and May as mom . May only on for 15 mins  he must have had a good 15 mins.

Levein goes on about our last I of fitness but only makes subs late in the game and only 3.

3 points today would have been huge. Hope it wasn't his negativity that cost us.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

BBC have Mitov and May as mom . May only on for 15 mins  he must have had a good 15 mins.

Levein goes on about our last I of fitness but only makes subs late in the game and only 3.

3 points today would have been huge. Hope it wasn't his negativity that cost us.

Don't think so. The team was disjointed throughout. Draw was probably a fair result 

59 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Penalty shout at the end maybe? Looked like it hit a hand - could be wrong - but the defender was only a yard away so it would’ve been harsh. 

Saw it in the highlights. No slomo or freeze frame. Rangers would have got it.

2 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Disappointing to drop 2 points as that was a big opportunity today and the negativity from Levein cost us.

Listen to his interview,he didn’t want us to go deep,the players did it,and he spoke of individual mistakes,I assume Kano miss and Costelloe not doing the right thing in possession,but of course just point the finger at the gaffer 

I initially thought that it was Levein's tactic to drop deep and hold on to what we had, but after watching his in house interview, it seems that's not the case at all.

It's good that he's recognised it and will hopefully take steps to eradicate it, as it's a bad habit that we seem to have gotten into.

I suppose it stems back to the days of Davidson when he would be quite happy using it as a strategy.

2 hours ago, Gekko said:

I initially thought that it was Levein's tactic to drop deep and hold on to what we had, but after watching his in house interview, it seems that's not the case at all.

It's good that he's recognised it and will hopefully take steps to eradicate it, as it's a bad habit that we seem to have gotten into.

I suppose it stems back to the days of Davidson when he would be quite happy using it as a strategy.

Hes done very well at how hes worded it, but im fairly sure his decision to replace Carey with Costelloe, and then go 5-4-1 with Costelloe left and Smith right, was to try and just hold on to the lead and will have encouraged the players to sit in.

Hes not blameless and its exactly the same issue as in his first game, against the same opponents, and has brought the same result. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Hes done very well at how hes worded it, but im fairly sure his decision to replace Carey with Costelloe, and then go 5-4-1 with Costelloe left and Smith right, was to try and just hold on to the lead and will have encouraged the players to sit in.

Hes not blameless and its exactly the same issue as in his first game, against the same opponents, and has brought the same result. 

Carey did appear to limp off, in fairness. Maybe could’ve carried on though. 

The Kane miss would of buried the game and we take the 3 points, I guess trying to be positive if you said to me that we would of took 4 points from our last two games I would of been happy, but this dead set feels like a loss to me.

This is going to be a dog fight for survival and not being able to take our chances and score is going to keep us right in the mix for the drop.

Pinning our hopes on Clark and Drey returning is a dangerous game, both are an absolute must to have but if they don’t come back sooner rather then later it’s a worrying too see where our attack and goals are going to come from?