Rangers V St.Johnstone-Wednesday 20th Dec

SaintJet

I definitely feel we can get something out of this. We need to try to find the right balance between stifling/frustrating them, and not just sitting back on our 18-yard line and letting them come at us. 

I reckon we might start Kane ahead of DJ in this one and have minimal other changes. Personally I'd also sacrifice Max in order to bring Sprangler into the midfield for this one (even though I thought Max had a great game against Hibs).

Levein's teams have been hard to predict though, so there's every chance he makes a couple of unexpected changes.

47 minutes ago, Linky said:

The best time to play the OF is when they've just had a cup final or a great night in Europe, because they're tired and not ready for the bump of coming back down to earth, playing against the likes of us.

What , teams like St Johnstone ?.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I definitely feel we can get something out of this. We need to try to find the right balance between stifling/frustrating them, and not just sitting back on our 18-yard line and letting them come at us. 

I reckon we might start Kane ahead of DJ in this one and have minimal other changes. Personally I'd also sacrifice Max in order to bring Sprangler into the midfield for this one (even though I thought Max had a great game against Hibs).

Levein's teams have been hard to predict though, so there's every chance he makes a couple of unexpected changes.

Can't see Max getting dropped he had a decent game on Saturday. I have a feeling he'll go with the same starting line up and hope Kano can come on and grab a goal late on. Discipline is going to be the key in this game. We can't be giving Rangers free kicks around the box.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Can't see Max getting dropped he had a decent game on Saturday. I have a feeling he'll go with the same starting line up and hope Kano can come on and grab a goal late on. Discipline is going to be the key in this game. We can't be giving Rangers free kicks around the box.

I agree with your thoughts on team selection.  However, it is difficult to avoid giving Rangers free kicks since referees are programmed to ensure they get advantages whenever necessary, ie when they are not winning!!  As for us getting a penalty, if we do look up you are bound to see a few pigs flying past.

11 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

I wonder if that would be a red if it was a Rangers player making the same lung as DJ?

Of course not. I thought DJ got his feet to the ball but the pace of the challenge and studs up playing Them at Castle Greyskull and you're guaranteed a red for Saints.

I was a lot more annoyed with the bookings for Smith and Dan - neither of which seemed worthy of a yellow

On the plus side Fran is having another decent game.