Livingston v St Johnstone - Wednesday 27 Dec

pezza70

1 minute ago, Cagey said:

Only 8 subs and no Fran or McGowan. Were they injured or did their car break down.

I am just relieved we did not get beat.

Illness according to Courier. Not sure we.missed then that much. Brown and Olufunwa did ok. Main problem was the linking between midfield and attack

10 hours ago, MrBored said:

Cant say I'm convinced by Levein yet, but if you cant win these types of games its vital not to lose them.

Really big transfer window coming up to see if Levein can get some new blood into the side that carries some sort of threat.

To be fair I have been impressed with what Levein has said post match in the players not being brave enough nor picking the right attacking movements. Having been hung out to dry over the last three seasons you can maybe understand some hesitation. Hopefully he can sort that out.

Have to say I'm in awe of anyone who actually travelled through to that game, in those conditions, on a Wednesday night, two days after Christmas, to pay whatever ridiculous amount it cost to get in, and watch what looked destined to be a crap game. Hats off to you. Years ago I would have been among that small group but I'm at the stage now where it doesn't even cross my mind to consider going to these games.

I thought Saints looked relatively comfortable without doing much. There were a couple of fleeting signs of May and Clark looking promising together again, and hopefully that's something we can build on. 

Interesting to hear Levein's comments about us not being brave enough or taking enough risks. I think some of our players still have an ingrained cautiousness in them that goes back to the Davidson days, and that's proving a difficult attitude to break. I wonder what Eetu Vertainen would have thought of hearing a Saints manager saying we don't try enough things going forward.

Le vein said they were playing safe football which is understandable on a horrible night , on a horrible pitch with the prospect of Livi getting within 4 points.

Livingston were the same as they could have gone 10 points behind Saints , not insurmountable but tough ask.

If May had played a better ball to Clark we probably would have gone on to win but as it was we should have lost the game with the last kick of the ball.

Le vein is right about playing better against the better teams. Probably because they are not 6 pointers.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Le vein said they were playing safe football which is understandable on a horrible night , on a horrible pitch with the prospect of Livi getting within 4 points.

Livingston were the same as they could have gone 10 points behind Saints , not insurmountable but tough ask.

If May had played a better ball to Clark we probably would have gone on to win but as it was we should have lost the game with the last kick of the ball.

Le vein is right about playing better against the better teams. Probably because they are not 6 pointers.

Poor pass from.May, but wouldn't have counted as that clown Clancy gave a free kick to the defender that slipped when May got through.

Big lads in the Livi team spent most of the match squealing on the floor, but basically all the played was long balls to the giants up front that saints generally defended well.

Feel is had been braver and got onto their box more, they panicked when we did there were chances to be had.

Hopefully new wingback, pacey wide player and a decent striker come in with a bit of pace, as we are so pedestrian going forward.

4 hours ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Poor pass from.May, but wouldn't have counted as that clown Clancy gave a free kick to the defender that slipped when May got through.

Big lads in the Livi team spent most of the match squealing on the floor, but basically all the played was long balls to the giants up front that saints generally defended well.

Feel is had been braver and got onto their box more, they panicked when we did there were chances to be had.

Hopefully new wingback, pacey wide player and a decent striker come in with a bit of pace, as we are so pedestrian going forward.

I didn't think the ref gave a foul which surprised me as it looked like May made contact.