St.Johnstone V Livingston - Saturday 2nd March

SaintJet

1 hour ago, MrBored said:

Dreadful game....poor performance.

If Livi weren't so intent in time wasting they may well have won that. Certainly had much the better chances.

Yeah, they mushed on again after we scored and the all guy with legs up to his ears should have shot instead trying to pass.

We were absolute pish and lucky to get a draw and other results not too bad for us.

Head tennis for the first half with no one capable of cheering the ball down and playing a pass.

Livi were brutal plus diving and time wasting. How many times did they lie in the box to stop a Saints attack. I thought the ref was only supposed to stop game for a head knock , not a sore toe.

1 hour ago, Maskrey said:

May was easily our best player today so I think all the nonsense we have heard from some that he is finished can be put to bed now.  He needs a run in the team.

Not sure what time Zone your operating from but you’ve clearly been on the sherry 

4 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

Good to see Adama back on the bench as well. 

I thought he did well when he came on seemed to help Clark as well.

Kimpioka probably got us 4 points in last few games but think Sidibeh is a better player and will improve over time"hopefully short term".

I sincerely hope Livingston do eventually go down,what a horrible shower,never seen so many 6 foot pluss men feigning injury just to break the flow of the game,they were so thick they carried on doing it at one all,did they not realise a draw was no good for them or is it so intrenched in their psyche that’s just what they do.

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

As you know, I think he brings a real solidity to our back line. Quick, mobile, careful in possession and wins every battle. Never will you see that man getting turned easily, muscled off the ball or out jumped in the air…

Said someone in 2015!

He galumphed on. Kicked a couple of Livi players. Kicked a couple of our own players. Pondered, hoofed the ball out the pitch. Stumbled and wobbled about for a while. The full time whistle went, and he hobbled off. Good day at the office for the young man.

Great post  and most amusing ha ha

am getting pished in the barossa it’s seen better days as well

oh look pistol 🔫 Pete just walked in 

Livingston were an embarrassment but the referee facilitated it. One of the worst refereeing performances I can remember for a long time.

What on earth has happened to the pitch? Surely there is only one camp the blame can lie with now and it’s the ground staff? How many hundreds of thousands need to be spent in the summer again…

Twenty minutes of extra time in the worst game I have endured ever. Brutal anti football not helped by the constant alleged injuries and time wasting. At one point I was worried that my Sunday breakfast would be cold before I got home and I am only five minutes away from the stadium.

I hope Saints don't make the same mistake as the winter break where they gave them time off.

The next 2 weeks should be spent trying to control the ball , how to pass the ball , how t cross the ball and practice set pieces and defend corners. Just the normal things they should be doing all the time.

Also I hope that before our next home game at the end of March they can do something with the pitch other than water it.

Terrible game. Was it because we are poor , the ref spoiled the game and had no control of was it because of the pitch.

Tend to think it was down to us being poor as the display was similar to Airdie game and that was on a bowling green surface.

3 hours ago, The Kinross Saint said:

Livingston were an embarrassment but the referee facilitated it. One of the worst refereeing performances I can remember for a long time.

What on earth has happened to the pitch? Surely there is only one camp the blame can lie with now and it’s the ground staff? How many hundreds of thousands need to be spent in the summer again…

Maybe I'm being nostalgic but Muirton park was a beautiful pitch

I believe we will stay up. Not because we are good enough,  but because others below us are utterly atrocious. Terrible.

Our ABSOLUTE failure to demand any early tempo in a massive  game today was pathetic. An extremely poor display and in the circumstances a great point, considering we were very very poor. Terrible tbh.

The performance today from the start was lethargic on overdrive, that's firmly at the feet of management and players.

6 hours ago, Cagey said:

The next 2 weeks should be spent trying to control the ball , how to pass the ball , how t cross the ball and practice set pieces and defend corners. Just the normal things they should be doing all the time.

Also I hope that before our next home game at the end of March they can do something with the pitch other than water it.

To be fair, I have quite a lot of sympathy for them today because of the state of the pitch. We’re a small, probably more technical team, but the pitch only really leaves you with one option in terms of how to play. Contrast that with Livi - land of the giants. Throw in their antics and you have the perfect storm of things working against us.

Although it was against a powderpuff Aberdeen side, we saw during the first half on Wednesday night how good we can be when the ball is on the ground on a semi-reasonable pitch. There were a couple of games prior to the winter break we saw similar too. 

Five games in five weeks the pitch has gone from that:

A92F3ABE-180E-49C4-BDFA-45B30C8B2D41.thumb.jpeg.72871a6ca2632e269590fc45b8c4935c.jpeg

To that: 2A1E0613-4C2F-4CD9-94B0-8EE63074B486.thumb.jpeg.369b19165aa8ea334e5a90979eee494b.jpeg

10 hours ago, sideline said:

Twenty minutes of extra time in the worst game I have endured ever. Brutal anti football not helped by the constant alleged injuries and time wasting. At one point I was worried that my Sunday breakfast would be cold before I got home and I am only five minutes away from the stadium.

70 minutes of that game the ball was "dead" for. Livingston are time wasting champions of Scotland.

196121076_Screenshot_20240303_081542_Microsoft365(Office).thumb.jpg.37cae78b844a6b58427ad7d13d9b2375.jpg

14 hours ago, Maskrey said:

May was easily our best player today so I think all the nonsense we have heard from some that he is finished can be put to bed now.  He needs a run in the team.

Did you start drinking before the game? Or have a quick sniff in the toilets at halftime?

May is okay, but he just doesn't go up for headers, and you can blame it on Livi having a recruitment focus on height before football abilities but still. He's very good at looking like he's physical while doing **** all.

Balls in the air, him vs another player and he'll have a small push around with him for a second before slinking behind the player leaving a free header.

We noticed it immediately how useful it was to have a 2nd striker who could win a header when Sidibeh came on, him and Clark actually offered somewhat of an aireal threat. The striker order for me is: Clark, Kimpioka, Sidibeh, May. 

Levein says the manager was perhaps a bit late in bringing Carey and Sidebeh on. Is that him criticising Kirk or was he talking about himself.

Also there was a doubt about Keltjens but no Olafunwa on the bench. Was he going to play Gallagher there which didn't work last time.