St.Johnstone V Livingston - Saturday 2nd March

SaintJet

Yet another huge game for Saints on Saturday but one we can go in to with confidence high after our good win over Aberdeen.

We are hoping the same starting line up but I won't be surprisped if Levein changes it up a bit; we need to show our teeth in this game and put Livi away. With that in mnd I hope we start up front with DJ and Kimpy with Clark supporting.

I also can see Steve May getting some more game time.

Let's get along and show the lads some support. 

Excited to hear the first interview where Levein refers to Kimpioka as Kimpy. 🙃

Unless there are any issues or injuries we don't know about, it absolutely has to be the same starting XI tomorrow. I think it's vital to the team's confidence that they're shown good, winning performances will be rewarded with players keeping their places in the team.

We've desperately needed continuity and now we're at last at a point where there's no excuse for not having it.

I watched the highlights of the Livi game and they are still a dangerous outfit. They are a big side and you can bet this is going to be a battle tomorrow. Our defence needs to be really switched on. 

If your Livi you've got to think that they will see this as a last chance to make a stand; there might not be a way back for them if they lose.

Levein is right about "you have to win the battle first". 

If we can continue on from Wednesday and get an early goal it will settle the nerves.

15 hours ago, Aitchy said:

I couldn’t care less about the game, I just want you to stop calling Kimpioka “Kimpy”. Benji is fine. Kimpy is horrific.

Is okay tae call him benny ?

11 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Every fan and every player as ONE tomorrow. 

Quite simple isn’t it. Win, we stay up, lose, we could go down…

The only potential cause of complications is the team selection of Craig Levein. Unfortunately I just don’t see a world where he drops Considine, Carey and Max for 2 games on the bounce. I hope I’m wrong.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Quite simple isn’t it. Win, we stay up, lose, we could go down…

The only potential cause of complications is the team selection of Craig Levein. Unfortunately I just don’t see a world where he drops Considine, Carey and Max for 2 games on the bounce. I hope I’m wrong.

Hes in the papers saying Keltjens and Clarks injury issues this season might make them risks, so theres an opening for Carey or Max.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Hes in the papers saying Keltjens and Clarks injury issues this season might make them risks, so theres an opening for Carey or Max.

Next game isn’t until 16th March and is against Celtic at Parkhead - who cares who starts that game. Next game that we would need both players fit for is a month away.

Play Keltjens and Clark, give them 4 weeks(FOUR) to recover to face Dundee on 30th March.

Levein in the paper indulging in some expectation management I reckon as he knows he can’t have Carey huffing for a second week on the bench.

FWIW we now don’t have any midweek fixtures before the split, so every match after Dundee comes with a weeks gap. Should be able to manage those players through that without having to weaken the balance and harmony of the team through needless rotation.  

IMG_4280.jpeg

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

BBC sport says Saints havnt lost a game when Phillips and Sprngler were both in team.

Don't know were he dug up that stat.

Guaranteed Sprangler will be on the bench today then

Was Sprangler’s debut not at Easter Road? We got beat 2-0 and Phillips missed a sitter. Good journalism if so.