POLL: Should Craig Levein be sacked?

blueheaven

Should Saints sack Craig Levein?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On a lazy Saturday morning and before I cast my vote...

Can anyone please enlighten me as to WHO, identified and RECENTLY brought to the club, the (few) decent players we have in the current squad?  By recent and decent I might mean the likes of Sidibeh, Keltjens, Kimpioka...etc.

If it was CL then maybe it would be worth a change of role from team selection and tactics to head of Scouting? Still need a manager though.  

Additionally can anyone shed some light on what Alex Headrick contributes in his, so called, coaching role and what input does he have when tactical changes are required during matches.

Edited by Indicator

10 minutes ago, Indicator said:

Additionally can anyone shed some light on what Alex Headrick contributes in his, so called, coaching role and what input does he have when tactical changes are required during matches.

He’s more involved with the fitness side (don’t laugh), is he not?

Sack him and take our chances with Cleland or actually, ANYONE, just get a team on the pitch all wanting to win, all desperate to get in opposition faces, pressing, everything our current team isn’t doing.

Phillips looks like he’s already left and is just going through motions trying not to get injured.

Clarks been way off it for weeks but keeps his place.

Conner Smith was terrible coming on last week yet started today and was even worse.

Week after week we stand off, play for a draw and the inevitable happens because we aren’t great defending either.

Draws arent going to help us right now, Livingston away we have to get it right and a win.

Connor Smith has done nothing since being signed to suggest he is anything near the standard required….. granted he’s young but it’s clear that he is not ready for this fight. May has shown that he has the ability and desire………and has the experience of playing in pressure games………..yet he is given little more than 15/20 minutes when games are gone. Not saying he will get us out of the hole but he simply has to be ahead of Smith in the managers thinking. give him a start behind the main strikers……please !!!!

Feel a bit sorry for Sidebe…… that’s two good opportunities missed in last two games…..inexperience I guess but at least he is in the right place at the right time…..he should come good with good coaching and opportunities……..not sure that the former is available though!!! 

Leven saying that 9 points could be had in last three games………factually accurate….. but unless he removes shackles it’s more likely to be little north of zero. 

For gods sake man don’t lead this team into the play offs and relegation playing like this……..no one will criticise if you take the shackles off!!!!!!!

………..and by the way……..evidence would suggest your team talks don’t show any more desire and enthusiasm than your public persona. Maybe just maybe if you showed that spark to the players you would get a response…….GIVE IT A TRY!

2 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

A three year deal as well 😀

Can only be the brown's fault unfortunately! Probably knew it wouldn't be their problem to solve as they were on the way out.. done the same with macca. Hopefully the last involvement from the browns isn't us getting relegated but if it happens a lot will lay on their laps in my eyes

1 hour ago, GOB10 said:

Can only be the brown's fault unfortunately! Probably knew it wouldn't be their problem to solve as they were on the way out.. done the same with macca. Hopefully the last involvement from the browns isn't us getting relegated but if it happens a lot will lay on their laps in my eyes

Nothing can explain giving Levein a 3 year contract. I can't see him having been in the position to negotiate a 3 year contract. He was a long time unemployed manager FFS. I would hate for this to be what Geoff is remembered for.

On 5/3/2024 at 7:25 PM, Cagey said:

Too late to change now. Should have been done in the break after split.

I still think it should have been done before the split but have changed my mind about it being too late. Too late to avoid play offs but not too late if we get rid of Levein before the play offs. If we dont it will be too late as we will be relegated.

16 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I still think it should have been done before the split but have changed my mind about it being too late. Too late to avoid play offs but not too late if we get rid of Levein before the play offs. If we dont it will be too late as we will be relegated.

Yeah thats my thoughts also. He needs to go before the last 3 games if we stand any chance of staying up

If Levein see's out his contract, we will be playing in division 1 by the end. I'm sorry to say that Geoff has set us on a path back to where we were when he took over the club. Maybe giving the new owners a challenge?

I was hoping we would get the Levein that was manager of Dundee United. A man who was passionate, ruthless and driven. Unfortunately it appears that that version of Levein no longer exists. 

I appreciate he cannot do a “Terry Butcher at Hibs” and come out and publicly criticise the players and say they are not good enough, as this group of players would just hide even more than they already have done. I would have liked to have seen him be more passionate though. From his initial interviews where he was making remarks about not even being interested in the job up to his post match interview last Saturday whereby he was slumped in the dugout and almost ambivalent about our situation. It certainly dosent inspire the support and his demeanour dosent exactly seem to be inspiring our players either.

I struggle to see how a man of his experience can be so tactically naive at times. We continue to play the same system over and over, expecting something different to happen, but it won’t and hasn’t done for three seasons playing this chronic style of football. Since his first game, he (along with Kirk) seem to freeze on the touchline when he comes to making a pro active substitute. I also cannot believe that he never identified the glaring need for a wide player in the January transfer window.

Hes not getting to get punted between now and the end of the season and the only way he is likely to go anytime soon is if our new owner decides to make a change in the summer. I don’t claim to speak for everyone, but there seems to be very few of our supporters who have a great deal of faith in Levein. The Hibs game was the first home game that I can remember over the past three seasons where our support really turned against the team. After three seasons of the same rubbish, people are quite rightly fed up of the lack of entertainment, the player’s inability to carry out basic task and the malaise that seems to have gripped the club.

I don’t see us getting out of our current situation. The players look completely done and the lack of ambition and defensive set up that our manager persists with is not going to get us out of trouble anytime soon. 

Relegation would be a sad way to end the Browns time at the club and what makes it even more tragic is that it’s all be so avoidable, especially from the position of strength we were in following the double. Steve Brown ran the club into the ground in the aftermath of the double due to not being interested and Geoffs appointment of Levein has not helped matters. 

How's doing nothing and just waiting to see how results go working out for us? Still losing, yeah? Oh well, who could ever have seen that coming. Might as well carry on doing sod all now then, right? Maybe give them both a contract extension just to be doubly sure we don't risk making things worse?

Seriously, it's absolute madness that every single one of us isn't calling for this pair of absolute chancers to be removed immediately. If this was happening at Hearts, would they be getting this easy ride? 

There's still time for the club to do something about this. Still time for Geoff Brown to be able to assure himself that, even if we go down, he's chucked the kitchen sink at it and done absolutely everything he could to at least try to save the situation. Or does he really just want a half-arsed, completely avoidable relegation to be the final thing on his Saints CV?