Who's going to Inverness?

Dev

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without Ando we have no central defence. Craig has to be played at left back against Burnley. Sheerin is crap and Ando must be central.

Not like you to over react 101 Saint :rolleyes:

Sheerin is not "crap" - I too would have reservations about playing him left back for a whole season and I think he probably would too but he is still for me arguably one of the most skillful players in the division. His eye for a pass is still there and as Radford has I think posted elsewhere at some point he is good in a "quarter back" style role in front of the defence, it might depend who we are playing in that scenario however. Been a cracking player for me over the years, glad he is still part of the squad and looking to get into coaching.

As for Ando - for me Rutkiewicz and James would be the centre back pairing and that is maybe partly because I have not seen much of McCaffrey. Ando can be great but can also make stupid mistakes. To say without him "we have no central defence" is ridiculous.

Finally I think it would be a massive loss to take Liam Craig out of our midfield to play him at left back. We obviously need a left back and it is frustrating the nearer we get to the start of the season that we have not got one but that should not be at the expense of arguably our best midfielder.

but if we could lure bamba to perth and throw ando on the left or even sheerin, then that would surely strengthen our central defence dilhema,

how are dunfermiline able to support his wages?

Is this the same Bamba Kenny Deuchar turned inside out for the third goal in the Challenge Cup Final? The same guy that was touting himself for the Premiership last close season? From what I have seen of him and from what Pars fans seem to think of him, him signing for us would weaken the defence if anything.

Three grand a week? Come on now.

As ever, 4-3-3 won't work for us as we can't control the midfield and therefore can't control the game.

I would say we need to be versatile in terms of our formation - would not play 4-3-3 away to Dundee for example. However I don't think you can say it "won't work for us" - it has in the past and it will again. I think there is something quite refreshing about playing three up front and having a go. It certainly worked alright at Love Street.

• 1 year later...
Lets be honest wouldnt we rather have had Dundee up? although it is funny to laugh at them, Dont we miss the Dundee games with the extra revenue that comes with it?

After spending more money during summer than 41 other teams in Scotland? No I don't want them up. Maybe miss them and the revenue and atmosphere. But a lesson had to be learnt.

Lets be honest wouldnt we rather have had Dundee up? although it is funny to laugh at them, Dont we miss the Dundee games with the extra revenue that comes with it?

No chance. A journey up to Inverness sounds much more fun to me. I have not even 1% of pity for Dundee and their latest sugar daddy.

I would've preferred Dundee because it's a twenty minute trip up the road. I absolutely hate going to Inverness. However, I can't suffer Dundee fans and their nonsense so I'm happy enough that they've blown it. It's pretty amusing in the respect that they probably spent more money than us this season.