#15 - 01/11/08 - Dunfermline Athletic (a)

Truly proud to be a Saintee tonight. A great performance all round, the players, the fans but the star is Derek McInnes. His tactics were perfect today, we hit them from the start and I was pleased to see Hardie making a bee-line for the dugout after he scored. McInnes was astute early in the second half, bringing on Ando for Sheerin and moving Liam to midfield, it turned the game for us.

Not as easy as we've had it in recent weeks, good though to have a challenge against a good team.

As said in another post, we've got good players to come in if one drops out. We must be on to something great when we've got a player of the calibre of Jody Morris unable to get in the team!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am so pissed off that i missed today but thanks to kevin 4 the updates and a great big WELL DONE to ginger baker 4 starting the ball rolling 4 the away day coz when listening 2 the snippets on radio scotland all you could hear is the crowd well done 2 everybody involved and yes i am very jealous of u all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a day! Was like an away crowd of years gone by where everyone is desperate to get right behind the boys. Brilliant to see loads of kids there getting in for a "sky diver" eventhough i could see some of the old timers getting annoyed at the noise of those blow up sticks! haha! grumpy c*nts!!!!

To be honest Maskrey i think Jody was included on the bench to get the fans pumped up as much as Del was hoping he would get the chance to give him fifteen mins. I dont think he was ready to play much of a role today unless Del felt it was totally necessary.

I rate Liam Craig very highly and Del for that matter but i think we underestimated Kevin Harper and the way Dunfermline operate today. I accompanied a few others to Tannadice on Tuesday and it was obvious the way the play and that is to get Harper to pull as wide as possible and then when our defender pulls out to mark him, they dont give him the ball and cut inside, or if he's isnt marked tightly they let him run riot. I suppose the only option was to start Ando and man mark him out of the game really.

Still suppose its crazy to judge the tactics when we won away from home against a very impressive Dunfy performance.

Yaboysir that was guid.

Del has to take credit for moving Craig to midfield & bringing on Ando to look after Harper who was running riot first half but wasn`t in the game after Ando came on.

You could say that RBB is right & if Del was at Tannadump on Tuesday he could have pinpointed the threat but Craig has done well lately so Del may have thought he could deal with Harpers pace but unfortuately he couldn`t.

Craig was brilliant when he moved to midfield & thats his position. Del has to get REAL leftback in January.

GIRUY Scott Wilson ya dxxx!

what a day what an atmosphere what a goal and what another goal!(still think sheerins is better)

firstly that was tough i was impressed by dunf esp the 1st half, we hung on a bit but had good chances to wrap it up. Savo's workrate was great but he missed a sitter in the 1st an hit straight at Gallagher when clean through in the 2nd.

MMM ' s freekick was a peach!

hope Mooner is ok he looked in a bad way.

was it just me or did Wilson have his hands all over his man for their goal and as for his celerbration-how the feck was he not booked-our fans down their should have jumped the big ned!

Del did well to spot Harper was beating his man as opposed to his girl in the 1st and had the balls to do something about it. Ando could have easily replaced Liam or Sheerin-thank goodness Liam stayed on what a goal cant wait to see it again.

Main was outstanding took a lot of pressure off the defense. defense was solid apart from Craig giving Harper too much space.

Mooner an Millar were stand outs in the mf.

the 2 forwards didn;t get on the score sheet but were superb an sammy was a great outlet when he came on.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!

when could we last say that Radders?

. McInnes was astute early in the second half, bringing on Ando for Sheerin and moving Liam to midfield, it turned the game for us.

Surely the tactical decision of the season so far - Harper was causing us all sorts of problems down the left so the switch of Ando to LB and Liam into midfield was a masterstroke. Proud of the team today and I can feel a real connection between fans and team starting to take off again in a way that has been missing for seasons.

1664 away support? - just over half the capacity of that stand? Someones on a tax fiddle!!

Everyone played well today but for me Holmes had a blinder! He was superb and has been for weeks! He was winning almost every ball aimed at him, that he really had no right to be winning!

As mentioned earlier I was delighted Craig got the goal as he should never have given them a corner for theirs! Harper looked lively and its a learning curve for Craig!

How good were the celebrations when our 2nd went in?? I got hit in the head by this guys mobile phone who was sitting three rows behing during the madness!

A great day out and well worth the £16 admission. pushed through my 2year old in front of me for free and the turnstile lady was trying to shout me back, something about a £5.

Great atmosphere and add me to the list of people who thought the stand was almost full.

Craigs goal will be a massive hit on you tube.

How did Homers header not cross the line, I was already up jumping about.

Just in after going out straight after the game last night. What a great result from a side who were hassled all the way for their 3 points.

I honestly thought Saints looked nervous in the first half and were the poorer side although the goals deseverved to win any match.

Big shout to Savo and Holmes for their running and to Craig who looks like he loves playing for the club, he seems to have the fight Hardie had a few seasons ago.

Still love MMMH though he's still the man.

Thanks to all the Saints support we were definatly the 12th man today and made an incredible noise.

So pat yourselves on the back all 2343 of us.;)

Who thought Peanut had a good game yesterday? I've spoken with many Saints fans and opinion is split as to whether he played well.

RBB picked up on Harper's width; should Liam or Peanut be blamed for not marking him or did Jimmy Mac simply exploit the fact that we don't have a left back?

A word of praise for Ruti. I'm not his biggest fan, but he played brilliantly yesterday. A real club servant, he's also starting to grow into the Captain's role, defused a few flash points yesterday. If he can play like that every week, we'll have to fight to keep him.

On a nit-picking level; shouldn't Peaso have been on the bench instead of Morris? I know the reasons behind it, but I guarantee Peaso could have made it 3-1 at the death. It would have boosted his morale and eased our nerves.