Jean Rattray Deed

Watty

I wish I didnae remember this one but I do - about 15 years ago she's walking down the High Street with her "companion" of that time and I kid ye not she lifted up her jersey , etc and said "is this what yer wanting tae see - ma tits"...honest for the 1st & only time in my life i never looked :wink: naw..naw I didnae....I didnae...no...no....no....I didnae

RIP Jeannie...I never looked

I always remember her being lifted outside Poundies one day for being slightly inebriated and arguing with the police because she wanted to go in the police car and they were saying she would have to wait for the van.

She kept on and on at the young guy wanting to know why she couldn't go in the car and eventually he snapped back at her -

'Because the last time you pissed all over the back seat and it still stinks, at which point she did piss herself laughing'.

She will be sadly missed. :cry:

I don't think I've ever clapped eyes on Jean Rattray. She's always been a huge myth to me! Am I the only one on here who has never had the joy of exposure to big Jean?

One of the most talked-about people in Perth though so I'm sure she'll be missed.

Her life story would be interesting. I have heard she has family and used to be quite respectable, where did it all go wrong eh?

Apparently, this is what my grandad said who went to school with her, she had kids and was really good looking when she was younger, and her kid or kids died in a house fire? something along those lines, and she turned to drink

Is this the last confirmed sighting of sweet jean rattray by a forumite?? Feel privileged if it is Phil, you might want to say a word or two at her funeral...

:shock: I can tell you she wasn't looking well. But... when was she ever looking well?

Apparently, this is what my grandad said who went to school with her, she had kids and was really good looking when she was younger, and her kid or kids died in a house fire? something along those lines, and she turned to drink

My Uncle said she was the Fair Maid of Perth once! :o

I heard something along those lines too. I heard that she used to be a nurse, then her daughter died in a house fire and her descent into alcoholism and Perth mythology began.

I don't think I've ever clapped eyes on Jean Rattray. She's always been a huge myth to me! Am I the only one on here who has never had the joy of exposure to big Jean?

One of the most talked-about people in Perth though so I'm sure she'll be missed.

:shock:

Your a teuchtar though! :shock:

Regularly in South Street or the traffic lights at Iceland. :shock:

Serious question for someone.

Is there some sort of history of this woman? She reiminds me of so many people I knew growing up.

There have been legendary Perth drinkers throughout the period following the first World War, many of them minks. Jean sounds like she may have been, so to speak, first among equals.

As I say, a serious question. Mink is part of my heritage.

Smudge 8) (Luncarty bridge and the Almond Water should be heritage sites!).

i saw her outside tesco today just before 4 off the bus. sittin at the end of the alley. tinny in hand as always

RIP jeannie

I reckon she hud kicked the bucket by then, if so could this be the first sighting of Jeannie the Ghost?? Prowling the streets of perth in search for her holy grail, a half full tin of Super T!!

RIP Jeannie, a Perth legend.

My favourite story is as follows: Jean was through in Dundee for some reason or other and started wandering back towards Perth but headed the wrong way and ended up heading towards the TA place just outside Dundee (no idea where likes). She came across an army landrover and somehow managed to get a gun from the back of it nad wander off down the road. A couple of minutes later the soldiers realise their missing something a wee bit important and panic sets in. They found the gun later in a ditch next to a sleeping Jean.

I don't believe a word of it but it's a good story none the less.

RIP Jeannie, a Perth legend.

My favourite story is as follows: Jean was through in Dundee for some reason or other and started wandering back towards Perth but headed the wrong way and ended up heading towards the TA place just outside Dundee (no idea where likes). She came across an army landrover and somehow managed to get a gun from the back of it nad wander off down the road. A couple of minutes later the soldiers realise their missing something a wee bit important and panic sets in. They found the gun later in a ditch next to a sleeping Jean.

I don't believe a word of it but it's a good story none the less.

Most of that story is true.....it was all over the papers at the time,they realised the gun was missing when a report came in about somebody waving a gun at passing cars on the Dundee road......... :lol: