Del to Brentford?

Derek Patterson

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha Brentford!? that's a good one, I would see that as a step down. Why go to a mid table league 1 side when you're seen as one of the most promising young managers in Britain and will almost certainly be linked with Championship level jobs next season.

The thing that makes me worry is how certain the person who wrote the article is. If he did leave then I'd be really upset with Del, it's not long since he said he's still got things he wants to achieve with Saints and all that stuff, I'm sure he spouted all that after the Motherwell and Inverness games.

haha Brentford!? that's a good one, I would see that as a step down. Why go to a mid table league 1 side when you're seen as one of the most promising young managers in Britain and will almost certainly be linked with Championship level jobs next season.

The thing that makes me worry is how certain the person who wrote the article is. If he did leave then I'd be really upset with Del, it's not long since he said he's still got things he wants to achieve with Saints and all that stuff, I'm sure he spouted all that after the Motherwell and Inverness games.

Totally agree, I think it would be a step down.

I would be disappointed in Del if he left, what he has been saying lately, he seems totally up for next season and I believe he can achieve great things at this club before he moves on.

Nice to see some of them slagging Del over signing Taylor from them. ***

That's at least one thing some of us have in common with them. Otherwise, it's the usual arrogant, sneering English viewpoint.

Del should wait for a decent club to come in for him.

Or stand on the touchline in a Pearly King outfit!

Soulful could advise where to pick one up. Altogether now, knees up Mother Brown....................................

The arrogance of these people knows no bounds. A ittle research would let them see \del did what OC couldn't. But let them focus on their own ignorance.

Good luck to him if he goes - if he doesnt then fair play to him.

This.

Although I agree with what was said earlier. Would have thought he would be looking to do the same as Coyle. Aim for a Championship side that will be a stepping stone into the Premiership. Going to a side who are League 1/2 regulars wouldn't be really a step in the right direction.

I'm afraid only Saints fans seem to rate him highly, no-one else! He's done ok, and is still learning, but has he done any better than Billy Reid, or Gus McPherson? Championship clubs have 10 of millions to budget, and rarely pick rookies unless its from within, Owen Coyle was the exception which proves the rule!

Do you not have your own forum, no **** off. Please.

I thought these forums were open to all?

On this particular topic an outside perspective might do you good. Why do Saints fans all think there is a que for a manager who has yet to register a significant season, by getting his team to punch above its weight? In fact a repeat of the last 2 months will see him sacked! All that Burnley and West Brom stuff was lazy journalism, and had no real substance.