#21 - 18/12/11 - Saints 0-2 Celtic - SPL

SaintDougie

I give you Mr no end product, can't beat a man, and now can't stay onside - Chris Millar?

I shall now run away and hide. :laugh:

Seriously though, I do think he's on a run of poor form.

Needs dropped so he can come back, not energised ( he's always that), but playing well?

Agree? Disagree?

Agree 100%. Can`t control the ball can`t pass it & can`t stay onside even looking along the line.

Why was it Craig that was subbed & not Millar.

Why did Lomas not use all his subs ?.

Enks should use his height & strength in the ball. Why did he allow Hooper to obstuct him. Why did Ando keep the ball in to allow Celtic to break for the second goal.

Why did the ref book Kayal for encrouchment at our free kick but let him off with coming even further out for the retake.

Why was Mastarovich not booked for his assault on Robertson.

Why was Craig booked just becauase Kayal said he should be.

Why do we get nothing against the OF.

May have got a draw with a we bit luck & better defending.

Huge game next week now.We must halt the slump.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two near the end were WELL offside MS. Right in line with us. So if he's "looking along the line" he needs specs mate.

I thought he did alright up to a point but I kinda agree with Andrew that he might actually ( and the team) benefit from a spell on the bench.

Needs his arse kicked if as you say he wandered offside on both occassions. A wee spell on the bench woin't do him any harm.

Why was it Craig that was subbed & not Millar. Craig was on a booking and with the game lost and Saturday being an important match seemed the right thing to do.

Why did Lomas not use all his subs ?. Who else could he have brought off the bench, Parkin for Haber was the only one that was really available to him.

Why did the ref book Kayal for encrouchment at our free kick but let him off with coming even further out for the retake. Need to see it again but Lomas raised the same point.

Why was Mastarovich not booked for his assault on Robertson. Agree thought it was at least a booking saw it on Alba and think it was a terrible challenge.

Why was Craig booked just becauase Kayal said he should be. About sums it up Kayal gret at the ref to get him booked.

Why do we get nothing against the OF. Does anyone? :) 4th official constantly got on at Lomas for being an inch outside his area and yet Lennon walk about yards outside it. Time officials gre some balls!!

May have got a draw with a we bit luck & better defending. Yep

Much prefer the optimism to your negativity. Welcome to the forum, always good to see a new poster. However, prepare to be shot down in flames if you're always this negative:wink:

Negativism or realism, down to one's perception.

It could be worse, imagine following The Pars or The Hibees!!!

At least the points gathered by the McInnes era should guarantee SPL survival, so there is a positive for you :laugh:

Shoudnt be disapointed with a loss to the OF whenever. Onwards and upwards. Strange to be sitting in 4th place having lost 3 on the bounce!!

Just feel the points we chucked in the two games after Del left and the tree on the trot now will maybe haunt us.

I do like Millar but at the moment he is pish, shirking tackles and lightweight even back to our last home win. If you want to watch replays a fair few goals have come from him not sticking a tackle in. We start with 10 men when hes playing at the moment.

Worst of all there will be bad reports going back west tonight about the smell in Perth, The Lark let one off 5 minutes into the game which needed Scottish Ambulance to come and resusitate some of us... and he kept it going. Anyone round about his seat... it was him!

Edited by McD

Unusual to see you on right after a game or is that just when we win :)

What would you know? I'm always on after a game, just don't often post much. :laugh:

Good answers to what I posted re Chris.

Clearly I'm not alone in thinking a wee spell on the bench would do us a bit of good, personnel permitting, of course.

Always remember the Morton fans telling us he needs to be dropped now and again to get the best out of him. Don't think that's changed.

Must be the fittest guy at the club, but fitness alone doesn't result in end product.

Shoudnt be disapointed with a loss to the OF whenever. Onwards and upwards. Strange to be sitting in 4th place having lost 3 on the bounce!!

Just feel the points we chucked in the two games after Del left and the tree on the trot now will maybe haunt us.

I do like Millar but at the moment he is pish, shirking tackles and lightweight even back to our last home win. If you want to watch replays a fair few goals have come from him not sticking a takle in. We start with 10 men when hes playing at the moment.

Worst of all there will be bad reports going back west tonight about the smell in Perth, The Lark let one off 5 minutes into the game which needed Scottish Ambulance to come and resusitate some of us... and he kept it going. Anyone round about his seat... it was him!

McD, why do you have an avatar of one of the Twines ?

On entering the ground heard the news that Fran wouldn't be playing and was instantly gutted. Yes one man doesn't make a team but we desperately miss his composure and ability to rattle defenders up front.

What followed was pretty much what I expected. We looked quite solid and robust but lacking a creative edge up front. The season we were promoted we were scoring bucket loads of goals from players all over the pitch but this year our midfielders in particular aren't helping the forwards the way they were, if only Liam could find his shooting boots again! Robertson was another who was supposed to be a fantastic finnisher but I can't even recall him having a poke at distance for us yet (not to take away from the fact that he had a decent game for us today).

Enks had some nice stops today but the way he just allowed himself to be pinned to the goal line by about three celtic players for their goal was ridiculous. He might aswell have came and sat with the fans while they took the corner. Lomas is going have to decide whether his great shot stopping ability is enought to keep him between the sticks at the expense of him being a bombscare at set pieces.

A utd friend of mine has decided on not renewing his season ticket due to the fact that he hates old firm games and the biased referees opting instead just to pay at the gate for the other games. Not a bad plan I say after what I felt was an awful performance from the ref today.

zero points from 9 is dissapointing but thats celtic and rangers out of the way for a bit so lets hope we can get back to winning ways against Dunfermline!!

Why is nobody calling for muzz to be dropped? He has done absolutely nothing in the last few games. Complete passenger in the games. Millar keeps himself in the game and never hides away, he makes himself available for every pass. If we are talking about out of form midfielders then muzz is very much top of that list.

As for the ref, he was absolutely atrocious. I can't remember the last time I've come away from a game feeling as though the ref had a decent game. The standard is shocking, and seems to be getting worse. Absolutely no consistency in any decisions in the past few weeks.

I do like Millar but at the moment he is pish, shirking tackles and lightweight even back to our last home win. If you want to watch replays a fair few goals have come from him not sticking a takle in. We start with 10 men when hes playing at the moment.

Worst of all there will be bad reports going back west tonight about the smell in Perth, The Lark let one off 5 minutes into the game which needed Scottish Ambulance to come and resusitate some of us...

and he kept it going. Anyone round about his seat... it was him!

:razz::razz::razz:

First half was solid enough, but always felt that Celtic would score....especially as Encks didn't come and confidently claim one single cross all day....one of his great saves referred to was only required as he delayed coming out for the ball. Defences need a keeper that dominates his 6 yard box...that is NOT Encks at the moment. His other saves were good though and I am not suggesting that he is suddenly the worst keeper in the league or anything (hate how I feel I have to add in stuff like the last bit before the anti-negativity brigade jump all over me).

The problem we have with playing one up front is that, with the exception (sometimes) of Liam, we have no scoring threat WHATSOEVER from midfield. Millar may be industrious, but there is NO end product. Muzz seemed content with just passing the ball backwards all day. I feel so sorry for Robertson....looked like he was actually enjoying it today and why that big tosser wasn't booked is beyond me.

Mooner, Cracks and Maybury all done well today and Ando had some great challenges. I like Finnigan...would be interesting to see him get a run at right midfield instead of Millar and see what that brings (if the fitness of our squad in other areas allows). Dave was Dave, but not at his total best. Had about our only decent effort on goal.

Haber should have done better against that Celtic centre half pairing imo, but never an easy job and he kept going all game.

As others have said, to have a wee bad spell and lose three on the bounce and still be fourth can't be bad. A win on Saturday could well see us go on another good run

He did do exactly the same thing to Craig. Booked him then let him stand where he was anyway, made no sense.

Thats exactly whats wrong with the referees this season, no consistency.

This is what gets up the fans nose mostly and spoils the game as a spectacle.

Have to agree the standard has fallen in recent seasons.

As for their assistants, they are at odds when a player is onside and when they are offside.

Lets please go back to the OLD offside rule, which was less debateable.

Good game and a lot of good performances.

I thought Carl Finnegan looked good holding ball up well and linking with midfield. Best I have seen him play.

Good to see Mooner back brought a bit of drive in midfield. Still not convinced with Robertson.

Haber worked hard all game. Keep thinking he will get past defence but never seems to get there.

Maybury did a good job

McCracken was best I've seen him too. Same again next week and we should do ok against Dunf. Although 3 defeats I don't think w're far from getting positive results from those games.

Keep the faith.

Maybe a blessing we are away from home for next game.

Not a bad performance though a little toothless. Defence was ok but enckleman stole the show with a flawless performance with two quite outstanding stops. No fault for the goals. Dave MacKay penned Hooper in against him then didn't attack the balk or move out the way for the first.

Moon had a brilliant game and Davidson was quiet but effective. Haber was decent with little service - he didn't get the support he needed in s 4-5-1.

Only poor performers were Millar (needs to do better in the final third) and Robertson who though poor was marginally improved. Better performance from McCracken.

FWIW, I thought majstorovic should have been a red for his challenge on robbo as he followed through deliberately.

Not a bad performance though a little toothless. Defence was ok but enckleman stole the show with a flawless performance with two quite outstanding stops. No fault for the goals. Dave MacKay penned Hooper in against him then didn't attack the balk or move out the way for the first.

Moon had a brilliant game and Davidson was quiet but effective. Haber was decent with little service - he didn't get the support he needed in s 4-5-1.

Only poor performers were Millar (needs to do better in the final third) and Robertson who though poor was marginally improved. Better performance from McCracken.

FWIW, I thought majstorovic should have been a red for his challenge on robbo as he followed through deliberately.

ye def should have been a straight red was a shockin tackle went thru him like an express train

ye def should have been a straight red was a shockin tackle went thru him like an express train

All sportscene could talk about was how badly he was injured.Its a wonder Robertson didn`t get booked for getting in his way.

Think the ref was going to his pocket but changed his mind when he saw his face. He will probably miss a couple of games so justice could be done.

Pretty piss poor yesterday.

Decision not to play big Sam up front back fired. Haber was exposed and was too defensive a selection. Some of Lomas selections are baffling.

Can't believe the criticism of Millar. He worked hard and didn't hide, unlike Muzza and Craig who were rubbish.

3 defeats in a row a bit worrying but we are still 4th. Difficuly Christmas fixtures but we can still turn this around.

Ando was great yesterday.

How did Kayal not go for that charge????? Masjtorivice shouldn't have been booked though. That wasa good old fashioned challenge. When men were men.

Pretty piss poor yesterday.

Decision not to play big Sam up front back fired. Haber was exposed and was too defensive a selection. Some of Lomas selections are baffling.

Can't believe the criticism of Millar. He worked hard and didn't hide, unlike Muzza and Craig who were rubbish.

3 defeats in a row a bit worrying but we are still 4th. Difficuly Christmas fixtures but we can still turn this around.

Ando was great yesterday.

How did Kayal not go for that charge????? Masjtorivice shouldn't have been booked though. That wasa good old fashioned challenge. When men were men.

I have not got involved in the comments regarding your posts so far....but now I feel the need to point out that you must be either on the wind up, about 7 or 8 years old, or a complete and total buffoon