Official Site/Pr & Marketing

shiresaint

I think the club need to do more in terms of marketing the club within the community and local businesses!

I work in one of the main employers in Perth and there is little or no offical mentioning of the club ever within the place although there is plenty supporters within the building. I'm curious if the club has ever tried to or approached local businesses to get them proper involved rather than just getting advertising money from.

I think a few small things could make a difference, every week the club could mentioned on bulltin boards within local companies about games, its not going to get a massive amount through the gate but its at least some marketing.

another idea, the club could have supporters of the club who works in bigger businesses in Perth with a stash of tickets to sell to colleagues on behalf of the club, not to make money from it, so not paying them etc but someone who supports the club. It means supporters won't even need to go down to mc'd to get a ticket for games that require one.

The club occasionally hands out tickets to school kids for games at schools they have done this 3-4 times and its had little or no lasting effect on attendences. I feel they could come up with something within local businesses with the paying adults who are actually paying the money to take these kids to the games. I don't disagree with getting young supporters through the gate but the parents pay the money, thats who the club make money from.

There is mention of a newsletter above, the club could get a copy of this send round in to employees for example by email (means the club won't even need to pay to have the items printed out). These things aren't crazy ideas, i just dont feel like the club are very proactive about involving the local businesses who are a large market which they could reach people with marketing that doesn't really cost them anything.

They really just need to do something different. A facebook and twitter isn't enough. I feel like the club just expects supporters just to start coming without really doing anything to encorage them. On the field results have been good but They could do more to "sell" the club to people who don't usually attend!

• 1 month later...

I thought the "Steak Pie" initiative was  a great idea last night, took advantage of it and there was a great atmosphere. I also felt that the welcome from the moment we came through the front door to the staff serving us was top class. They went the extra mile for my friend's son, who was celebrating his birthday. I will definitely be taking up this offer again, and the view from the mainstand was superb. Well done Saints, keep it up!

I thought the "Steak Pie" initiative was  a great idea last night, took advantage of it and there was a great atmosphere. I also felt that the welcome from the moment we came through the front door to the staff serving us was top class. They went the extra mile for my friend's son, who was celebrating his birthday. I will definitely be taking up this offer again, and the view from the mainstand was superb. Well done Saints, keep it up!

Totally agree with your thoughts on this..

I'm feeling a bit guilty now. Since my cheeky, throwaway post on here last night I've now been contacted by 2 people connected to Saints! Great stuff guys, keep up the interaction with the fans. Just goes to show they are actually listening and making a serious effort to take our thoughts into account.

Edited by Nelly78

I'm feeling a bit guilty now. Since my cheeky, throwaway post on here last night I've now been contacted by 2 people connected to Saints! Great stuff guys, keep up the interaction with the fans. Just goes to show they are actually listening and making a serious effort to take our thoughts into account.

Nelly, we had Roddy and Alistair Stevenson at our monthly meeting in Barossa club last night and we quizzed them on several topics and they said Any fans who have ideas to improve things financially, including increasing crowds, game experience, ways of getting the message across, etc. etc.

To be fair they informed us of initiatives in action which I personally was unaware of and said "anyone who has any reasonable ideas" should E-mail the club.

Also if you are aware of any schoolboy players who have a bit of talent, to let the club know and they will get an invite to McD. to show what they can do.

Apparently there were 80 boys at McD last night.

Logistically it is easier for the coaching staff to assess local talent at McDiarmid than send staff to up to 80 different locations.

I post this message mainly to put the word about.

Nelly, we had Roddy and Alistair Stevenson at our monthly meeting in Barossa club last night and we quizzed them on several topics and they said Any fans who have ideas to improve things financially, including increasing crowds, game experience, ways of getting the message across, etc. etc.

To be fair they informed us of initiatives in action which I personally was unaware of and said "anyone who has any reasonable ideas" should E-mail the club.

Also if you are aware of any schoolboy players who have a bit of talent, to let the club know and they will get an invite to McD. to show what they can do.

Apparently there were 80 boys at McD last night.

Logistically it is easier for the coaching staff to assess local talent at McDiarmid than send staff to up to 80 different locations.

I post this message mainly to put the word about.

Great to hear. Sadly I'm about 20 years too old to be classed as a schoolboy player with a bit of talent now or I'd be straight on the blower bigging myself up for a trial!

Must be a 'season ticket holders'  only secret society!! :laugh: