Wales V Scotland

541ntees

Harsh...but the Welsh had a stonewall penalty denied before Bale's tripping over himself. Quality strike to win it, even if we were asleep.

Not sure what the linesman was thinking at Fletcher's one. Reckon we thought we had it won and just couldn't come back after the pen.

While Hutton goes forward reasonably well, he can't defend to save himself. Commons was poor imo and the likes of Adam never really added anything at all.

Belgium in midweek should come with a R rating 'cos I reckon they will rip us apart.

Can't believe that goal was ruled off for going out. Wasn't even close to being out. bale tripping himself up for the penalty was an absolute fecking joke.

Could be the end of the road for Levein, not for his failure tonight but his combined misgivings previously

Yes but he should have seen in the first half that Maloney gave no protection at all to Fox who couldn't cope with Bale. Was Commons playing after all the fuss? in the second half especially? Pity Brown had to go off at half time. S Fletcher showed his worth. D Fletcher well off the pace but no worse than some of his team mates.

I suspect a difficult night coming up in Belgium. just possible though that Scotland do something on the night. Might save Avril's job?

In a must win game we failed to deliver,again.Yes Craig picked the right team but I agree with Leighton James that Commons has been one of Celtic's best players this/last season and he's not even in the squad until there are a few injuries.

As a football team we've had some shocking decisions against us of late,with the Italy game at home and a couple last night but maybe they do even themselves out ('77 and '85).

I'm afraid the Scotland manager's selection for squad and starting eleven have been somewhat baffling in his short time in the job.The formation against the Czechs is gonna be remembered as one of the worst though.His dreadful record in qualifiers,his stubbornness in sorting out the Fletcher/Commons situations and the omission of Rhodes from the starting line up against Macedonia.

I would be very surprised if the management team are in charge for much longer,

In a must win game we failed to deliver,again.Yes Craig picked the right team but I agree with Leighton James that Commons has been one of Celtic's best players this/last season and he's not even in the squad until there are a few injuries.

As a football team we've had some shocking decisions against us of late,with the Italy game at home and a couple last night but maybe they do even themselves out ('77 and '85).

I'm afraid the Scotland manager's selection for squad and starting eleven have been somewhat baffling in his short time in the job.The formation against the Czechs is gonna be remembered as one of the worst though.His dreadful record in qualifiers,his stubbornness in sorting out the Fletcher/Commons situations and the omission of Rhodes from the starting line up against Macedonia.

I would be very surprised if the management team are in charge for much longer,

PLUS ---he hasnae picked Murray Davidson--Dave Mackay or Davie Robertson..........SHAME .

I cannot see the clamour for Commons.He has played well for Celtic recently after many months he would rather forget.After moaning in the press he should be picked ,he then had to produce a stunning performance.In reality it never rose above mediocritty(two corners in a row that went for a throw-in) and he was joined in the "Is that you best effort ??) category by our 4 defenders and Maloney.It was also clear that neither Brown or D fletcher were fit.I think levein will probably go but who can we attract to improve our under-achievers /

So what if Commons has been Celtic's best player of late (which is bollocks anyway). We have better midfielders than him playing regularly in the EPL so we shouldn't be picking him because he plays well for Celtic. He's also had a few caps in the past and hasn't shown anything to me that suggests he has got what it takes.

Commons to me showed the classic case of a player who looks good playing in the best team in the league, but displays his averageness when asked to step up to a higher level, out of his comfort zone.

Was Rhodes on the bench? I saw the game on some Arabic channel, so there was no build up or half time chat. Reason I ask is that why did Miller come on instead of him?? Typical to see Miller have a chance near the end, for the ball to hit the BACK of his head.

We actually have several players who now ply their trade in the English Prem, and we should be a decent side. But, we're not. We are actually reasonably well covered in all departments of the pitch (well, the defence could be better) .I can only put our poor showings down to the management team. I'm afraid that the rot has set in and Levein will not be able to turn it around. Sometimes only a fresh management team can inject some belief back into a squad

Edited by Edstar101

I'm no fan of Levein, he's done some really stupid shit in his time as Scotland manager, but it was the players who let us down last night. Wales back four is very suspect and while we had a high line on them it always looked as if we could win the game. We sat back midway through the second half and allowed them to press us and get back into the game. Nothing wrong with Fletchers goal, but that pen wasnt a pen although they did have a shout for the earlier one.

McGregor - Nothing to do, no keeper would have stopped that Bale shot.

Fox - looked out of his depth. I prefer Dixon.

Hutton - looked good going forward, but cant cross and cant defend and looks rusty.

Caldwell - slow, gives away a lot of fouls, but is improving.

Berra - see Caldwell

Commons - a big disappointment, nowhere near his club form

Maloney - Bilbo Baggins gets brushed off it too easily these days. Have a third weetabix FFS.

Brown - a nutter who's likely to leave us with ten men, no discipline, often gets dragged out of position.

D Fletcher - wasn't really in the game, loks a long way off the pace.

S Fletcher - did enough to merit his starting place, won everything in the air, held it up well.

I wish he'd bin Miller, another embarrassing header. Adam's distribution was good, but he sometimes dwells on the ball and that cost us a goal.

If these are Scotland's best God help us. Where's the leader on the park, the Billy Bremner who shouts at them when they need it???

Just watched Colin Hendry on Soccer AM and its at times like this you realise what we are missing.Enthusiastic players who can inspire.he chipped in a few goals too and even if he was off the boil a wee bit he drove the rest on.Not the most talented of all time but remember he played week in week out for one of the best teams in England. scott Brown cant channel his aggressivenes into anything usefull and sadly D Fletcher just a shadow of his former self at present.

I'm no fan of Levein, he's done some really stupid shit in his time as Scotland manager, but it was the players who let us down last night. Wales back four is very suspect and while we had a high line on them it always looked as if we could win the game. We sat back midway through the second half and allowed them to press us and get back into the game. Nothing wrong with Fletchers goal, but that pen wasnt a pen although they did have a shout for the earlier one.

McGregor - Nothing to do, no keeper would have stopped that Bale shot.

Fox - looked out of his depth. I prefer Dixon.

Hutton - looked good going forward, but cant cross and cant defend and looks rusty.

Caldwell - slow, gives away a lot of fouls, but is improving.

Berra - see Caldwell

Commons - a big disappointment, nowhere near his club form

Maloney - Bilbo Baggins gets brushed off it too easily these days. Have a third weetabix FFS.

Brown - a nutter who's likely to leave us with ten men, no discipline, often gets dragged out of position.

D Fletcher - wasn't really in the game, loks a long way off the pace.

S Fletcher - did enough to merit his starting place, won everything in the air, held it up well.

I wish he'd bin Miller, another embarrassing header. Adam's distribution was good, but he sometimes dwells on the ball and that cost us a goal.

If these are Scotland's best God help us. Where's the leader on the park, the Billy Bremner who shouts at them when they need it???

did you forget about james Morrison ???