Saints V Dundee Fc 2Nd January 2013 Ko 2Pm

glenrothes saintee

Its always great to get three points against The Dundee at whatever cost although that did stretch it a wee bit to be fair. But that was awful to watch.

Liam Craig put in a decent shift and despite comments on here I thought muzz had yet another good game, he just has an engine on him that does a lot aof the dirty work noone else want to do .

Great retro day watching Tade for the first 45 minutes being Vinny Arkins for the day. He must have jumped for at least ten balls in the air and landed before they got there.

Good game Mannus and some good takes when it was needed especially at the end.

It was great to see queues at the turnstiles having arrived with minutes to go and not a bad attendance today but cant help thinking that again this is another day when the advert for coming back has been terrible.

Great effort by the Drum leader and his crew to get an atmosphere going but it was hard to keep going with what was happening on the pitch.

Whats the story with the smoke bombs? Looked like a daft move as it looked like the Stewards were happy to let everyone stand no prob but that seemed to piss them off?

There was only really two plus the four minutes injury time which hadn't been announced then. I thought considering how poor we were he did the right thing. We would have lost the ball then been on the back foot.

We did lose the ball both time he & Liam tried to keep the ball in the corner.

Never mind it is a win & we go into the break in a decent position. Frustration is that it should have been a lot better.

Think the problem today was that they didn`t want to lose the last game before the break or be beaten by the bottom team which made them a bit nervous. At least I know I was until the 94th minute.

3 stress free Saturdays ahead though.

Just had a look at the table, considering we haven't kept many clean sheets, we actually have the third best defensive record in the league - although we are the 4th lowest in terms of goals scored! To think back to those games where we should have won (i.e that bloody Hibs game) we should be a lot higher!! Really think those games will come back to haunt us come the end of the season! I hope I'm wrong though and we come out all guns blazing after the break!

Here's the lowlights

Sad to say that Pawlett is a diving t***. Bad enough that we were shite but that shit aint on. Lomas needs to tell him and any other who thinks it's a good idea that diving is NOT ACCEPTABLE at ST.JOHNSTONE.

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Sad to say that Pawlett is a diving t***. Bad enough that we were shite but that shit aint on. Lomas needs to tell him and any other who thinks it's a good idea that diving is NOT ACCEPTABLE at ST.JOHNSTONE.

was it not sir matt buzby that said- "if you're not cheating you're not trying hard enough" ? i agree with this and i for one would have accepted the penalty and a big shout of "git it up yee dundee scum" at the same time :twisted:

im not convinced it wasnt a penalty, recon Tade had a case aswell,

Well we badly needed 3 pnts but had we played any other spl side other than scumdee i i dnt think we wd have got them.I can accept there were tired legs out there but we were terrible ..lack of desire..terrible passing..a winger who rarely gets to the bye line...midfeild who err on the side of caution...shame cos the crowd were up for this game if we,d seen any real class or even battling qualitys...why wasnt cregg playing?? think we play better with him holding. Highlights made it look an ok game pfft???. Only one highlight for me and that was the steak n chorizo pie yum yum.[pie of the year 2013]

Also iv a funny feeling theres a few leaving and didnt want to get injured...miller craig and muzz....they seemed lethargic [too many pints at new year ??

] or resigned to the team being split up ...muzza barely smiled at craigs goal ?? And why oh why are we playing tade when we got beattie...if i was beattie and fit id be really annoyed at not getting a game ??? maybe thats the problem ??

Two games in a row we have had a booking for diving. Together with our sendings off our behaviour looks awful. Possibly looks worse than its been but even at that.

I was right behind this and there was definately contact, Pawlett was entitled to go down and I don't know why he is being made to look like the bad guy. If you look at the Dundee defender he thinks the ref has given a penalty.

I was right behind this and there was definately contact, Pawlett was entitled to go down and I don't know why he is being made to look like the bad guy. If you look at the Dundee defender he thinks the ref has given a penalty.

At the time I couldn't really see and felt that he got booked because he went down spectacularly as he did five minutes before when he won the free kick. I felt the ref thought he had been conned at the free kick and decided to get even.