Peter Pawlett

David123

totally disagree i think he'll be a massive loss . unless we replace him i can see Millar being moved to the right and its apparent that his best position is in the middle

hopefully whoever is replacing him will have noticed that they need to beat defenders and getting to the by line

It will likely be Midge who moves to the right. Despite all his attributes, his 'assist' and 'goals' tally's both sit recently at a disappointing zero :(

I don't think Millar has at all proved his best position is in the middle. I'm actually not sure what his best position is these days. You can hardly class a guy who hasn't scored for almost three seasons as an attacking midfielder. His best offerings tend to be when he picks up the ball on the edge of our box, creates a bit of space for himself and plays it forward. Don't think he does that enough at the other end though.

Pawlett going is a big disappointment for me, I really liked the look of him.

Hasselbaink has probably earned himself a start against Aberdeen - perhaps he could play on the right?

It will likely be Midge who moves to the right. Despite all his attributes, his 'assist' and 'goals' tally's both sit recently at a disappointing zero :(

I don't think Millar has at all proved his best position is in the middle. I'm actually not sure what his best position is these days. You can hardly class a guy who hasn't scored for almost three seasons as an attacking midfielder.

i couldn't believe when i heard how long it had been since he last scored. who was the unlucky team/keeper he scored against??

Think it was a deflected goal against Rangers in the 4-1 victory. Pretty sure he has scored a cup goal between then and now though...

Correct. His last goal was the effort from 30 yards out against Rangers that took an enormous deflection and flew into the opposite corner.

He scored two other goals that season - one just before Christmas against St Mirren and the other against Falkirk at the end of October 2009.

In total he's scored six goals in about 130 appearances for Saints. Three in the cups (2 against lower league teams) and three in the league, and none in 85 games.

According to Soccernet he's only provided three assists in the last three seasons as well.

Given he's played predominately on the right of midfield for that entire period those are pretty surprising stats.

Perhaps central midfield is a better position for him - but I certainly wouldn't have him in front of Murray Davidson or Paddy Cregg in our current line up in that area.

Correct. His last goal was the effort from 30 yards out against Rangers that took an enormous deflection and flew into the opposite corner.

He scored two other goals that season - one just before Christmas against St Mirren and the other against Falkirk at the end of October 2009.

In total he's scored six goals in about 130 appearances for Saints. Three in the cups (2 against lower league teams) and three in the league, and none in 85 games.

According to Soccernet he's only provided three assists in the last three seasons as well.

Given he's played predominately on the right of midfield for that entire period those are pretty surprising stats.

Perhaps central midfield is a better position for him - but I certainly wouldn't have him in front of Murray Davidson or Paddy Cregg in our current line up in that area.

For 'pretty surprising' read 'pretty shit'