Richard Brittain

john1962

You love an overreation, eh?! You must have lived a seriously sheltered life.

To suggest that people are going to get charged and that a minority have tarnished the whole St Johnstone support is just ludicrist.

Fair dos... Hasn't tarnished the whole St Johnstone Support, but people have been charged for internet trolling for a lot less.  That was the point I was trying to make.

Dunno - clearly folk aren't going to get charged, but chanting 'RB's wife's a *****' on Saturday did seem like the kind of behaviour we criticise from the ugly sisters fanbase.  While I'm not one of these people to take offence at things that really have nothing to do with me, I did think it was a bit embarrassing for the club,

Exactly what I thought at the time. Some people say well its just football banter, but i didn't see his wife playing on Saturday? Although its harmless sticks & stones etc.

People have a pint, get carried away and think things are funny when in fact they are the ones who look slightly stupid...

Same with the Hearts are P... I dont know what the point in it is, isn't banter, its just a bit stupid. doesnt make anyone laugh anyway.

Nothing wrong with singing but why dont we stick to saints songs etc and keep it clean? Because the ones who do it are the first to complain when they are ejected from the ground. Every time we play Hearts they bring that song out too

Richie will get stick every time we play against him now and I can Guarentee the muppets will sing about his wife every time now to.

Edited by PerthSeany

You love an overreation, eh?! You must have lived a seriously sheltered life.

To suggest that people are going to get charged and that a minority have tarnished the whole St Johnstone support is just ludicrist.

I agree that not the whole St Johnstone support will be tarnished but with the BBC now reporting on this it makes our fans look petty and idiotic. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23779145

That's the problem with Twitter....it is too easy to make spur of the moment comments that are then there for all to see.

RB and his family have my heartfelt sympathies. Dealing with a new baby is hard enough, but to do so when the mother has PND must be very, very difficult.

As others have said, it could have been handled so differently and all the nastiness would have been avoided. In fact, if the Saints fans had known the truth about why Brittain HAD to renege on his PCA at the time, he may even have been greeted on Saturday to some warm applause.

All of the above is of course dependent on whether the whole story is that straightforward.........

Dunno - clearly folk aren't going to get charged, but chanting 'RB's wife's a *****' on Saturday did seem like the kind of behaviour we criticise from the ugly sisters fanbase. While I'm not one of these people to take offence at things that really have nothing to do with me, I did think it was a bit embarrassing for the club,

For me, as a footballer you have to take any abuse on the chin and deal with it. Its part of what you get paid for. I got blocked by RB on twitter for winding him up, no personal abuse but taunting him about Europe etc. Do I feel bad? No.

Do I feel like I disgraced fellow saints fans? No.

As for songs being sung at the game, he should be 100% focussed on the play and not even realise it. "Richie Britain" is just his name, and anything that follows is a way of trying to distract him.

Were I to meet him in the street and say "Richie Brittain, yer wife's a hooer" then it would be a different story.

Football has been diluted for so long, let's not needlessly carry it on over nothing

Agree that we need to stop the songs re his wife, it's petty, vile and of the standard I would expect from the Ugly Sisters from the West Coast.

We don't have RB and we got loads of money plus got Wetherspoon so I for one think we got the best end of the whole messy affair.

The only people I have no respect for out of this scenario are Derek Adams and his chairman.

I'm thinking Karma had it's day and the 4 nil win was justice to a man who is far from a man....because once you give your word that should be that...

His wife rules the roost she is an over acting biach who's trying to get people to feel sorry for her and him  FFFKKK em they deserve the unhappiness there having now he looked like a guy who didnt want to play.... we got 40k   

Relegation and DM sticking his Dik in his asss will probably happen as RB gets a free transfer to Stranraer

I'm thinking Karma had it's day and the 4 nil win was justice to a man who is far from a man....because once you give your word that should be that...

His wife rules the roost she is an over acting biach who's trying to get people to feel sorry for her and him  FFFKKK em they deserve the unhappiness there having now he looked like a guy who didnt want to play.... we got 40k   

Relegation and DM sticking his Dik in his asss will probably happen as RB gets a free transfer to Stranraer

Mmmmm...what make a man a man? Being the boss of the house and having a woman who just does what she is told.....or being the kind of person who, despite the possible consequences and the impact on his own ambitions (maybe he is gutted because he WANTED to play for Saints, experience Europe etc) puts the health and happiness of his family first?

I'm not saying necessarily that RB is either, but your views are not far short of neanderthal

Edited by Edstar101

His wife rules the roost she is an over acting biach who's trying to get people to feel sorry for her and him 

I don't know the ins and outs of everything, and I doubt anybody on here really does, but either way I'd never trivialise a mental illness as 'over acting'. Heading into pretty dodgy territory with that statement I think.

Mmmmm...what make a man a man? Being the boss of the house and having a woman who just does what she is told.....or being the kind of person who, despite the possible consequences and the impact on his own ambitions (maybe he is gutted because he WANTED to play for Saints, experience Europe etc) puts the health and happiness of his family first?

I'm not saying necessarily that RB is either, but your views are not far short of neanderthal

Once you give your word..... You give your word that's the makings of a Man or Woman and he should've stuck to his word however I see you'd rather make it a personel attack of my intelligence I just wonder how far your brain has taken you in comparison to mine......

But wait I dont need to as I know......

Once you give your word..... You give your word that's the makings of a Man or Woman and he should've stuck to his word however I see you'd rather make it a personel attack of my intelligence I just wonder how far your brain has taken you in comparison to mine......

Was it no a plane that took you to NYC?

I do agree with the 'giving your word' thing, and that it does mean something. However, if there are genuine reasons for not following through, then it also takes a man to face that up and also for the recipient to accept those reasons.

The stuff about his wife though was, if not down to a lack of intelligence, then down to a lack of thoughtfulness or tact. Also, if you are as clever as you are obviously wanting to portray, then the use of the term neanderthal doesn't necessarily mean stupid, more outdated and backward.....something that intelligent people can be.

So, congratulations on how far your brain has taken you, I am suitable impressed, but it doesn't change the fact that the way you so cleverly worded and presented your post was lacking

Quite farnkly I dont give a shitttt about RB her PND and his family ...

I do wish we'd get rid of this TOPIC and erase his name from our talks....

You extremely thick or just downright ignorant?

PND is an illness the same as Depression, heart attacks or cancer. It can cause alot of stress to both the sufferer and the family.

None of us know the exact reason Brittain backed out the contract, but I'd rather be on the safe side and give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

We got 40k and a better player out of it. It worked out great for us, move on and let them get on with their lives.

Ah, good. Back to bickering amongst ourselves again... normal service is resumed  :roll: Time to shut this thread down once and for all.

Okay, while we are at it....folk who come on and jump over people having disagreements is equally as bad. It's stoking the fire and makes you no better.

Sometimes debating a subject gets a bit OTT, and often when followed through, the parties reach a common understanding. Seriously, some people should visit other forums and you will find that we are all a pretty timid bunch in comparison.

Comments like yours do not help in the slightest

I don't understand why she has now written this.  Does it take away from Sturdy's gubbing?  I bet it's changed the focus of fans in Dingly Dell.  I hope its just that now Mrs Brittain thinks the whole thing is over and she now feels she can speak. 

I have said previously that Adams to me is the villain in this whole saga and that Brittain was badly advised.  I hope that the Brittain's can now move on and concentrate on having a happy healthy time bring up their child.

I don't understand why she has now written this.  Does it take away from Sturdy's gubbing?  I bet it's changed the focus of fans in Dingly Dell.  I hope its just that now Mrs Brittain thinks the whole thing is over and she now feels she can speak. 

I have said previously that Adams to me is the villain in this whole saga and that Brittain was badly advised.  I hope that the Brittain's can now move on and concentrate on having a happy healthy time bring up their child.

Pretty much agree with all of this.  However, a quick look on here or on twitter would confirm that the majority of Saints fans saw Saturday as the perfect end to the saga.  Today's revelations just resurrect it.  However, like many of the arguments on here lately, sometimes people feel that things can't be left unsaid, and feel the need to have the last word.

Taken independently of everything else, I wish her and the family well.  Some of the stuff over the last 6 months has been farcical though, and to try to lay a guilt trip on Saints' fans isn't reasonable.  I don't see that in her blog though - she criticises the few morons who posted seriously vile stuff - but more in the way the likes of the BBC have presented it.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Okay, while we are at it....folk who come on and jump over people having disagreements is equally as bad. It's stoking the fire and makes you no better.

Sometimes debating a subject gets a bit OTT, and often when followed through, the parties reach a common understanding. Seriously, some people should visit other forums and you will find that we are all a pretty timid bunch in comparison.

Comments like yours do not help in the slightest

Keeping the fire analogy, it's hardly "stoking the fire" when you point out that the same people time and again are simply going round and round in circles "raking over the same old coals".

Watching them trying to score cheap points over someone else makes for turgid reading.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion and I ame entitled to mine.  :P

I do agree with the 'giving your word' thing, and that it does mean something. However, if there are genuine reasons for not following through, then it also takes a man to face that up and also for the recipient to accept those reasons.

The stuff about his wife though was, if not down to a lack of intelligence, then down to a lack of thoughtfulness or tact. Also, if you are as clever as you are obviously wanting to portray, then the use of the term neanderthal doesn't necessarily mean stupid, more outdated and backward.....something that intelligent people can be.

So, congratulations on how far your brain has taken you, I am suitable impressed, but it doesn't change the fact that the way you so cleverly worded and presented your post was lacking

You extremely thick or just downright ignorant?

PND is an illness the same as Depression, heart attacks or cancer. It can cause alot of stress to both the sufferer and the family.

None of us know the exact reason Brittain backed out the contract, but I'd rather be on the safe side and give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

We got 40k and a better player out of it. It worked out great for us, move on and let them get on with their lives.

I will get to  Emperor Ming  soon however slick  the fact that you seem overly protective towards someones word that they were in dire family need  baffles  I will not believe the RB family as once you break your word in my opinion your word is dead to me... So keep on feeling sorry for them but as far as I'm concerned he had plenty of time to twitter, and GO ON FFFNNN TELEVISION TO COMMENT ON A FULL MATCH.....OH and he never missed a game.... If your wife has PND surely a leave of absence would be in order it wasnt.....

he changed his mind simple as that and was mind ffffkkkedd by Adams wake up kid....

Now edstar I have one thing to say FLASHHHHHHHHHHHHH  

Keeping the fire analogy, it's hardly "stoking the fire" when you point out that the same people time and again are simply going round and round in circles "raking over the same old coals".

Watching them trying to score cheap points over someone else makes for turgid reading.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion and I ame entitled to mine.  :P

Agreed

See, it all works out :wink: