Mooner

Harry Currans Love Child

I wonder who'll take the Partick job, could be an interesting signing to boost them in their promotion hopes? Won't be too many decent players available to sign outwith the transfer window

He's not a good signing though. He made 100 odd appearances in about 6 years. That's dreadful, he's never started more than 13 times in a season, and only scored about 5 goals in his time here. I struggle to understand why anyones saying he'd be a good signing for a First Division team

He's not a good signing though. He made 100 odd appearances in about 6 years. That's dreadful, he's never started more than 13 times in a season, and only scored about 5 goals in his time here. I struggle to understand why anyones saying he'd be a good signing for a First Division team

Injuries aside, I genuinely think he's a good player who could do a shift in the SPL. He's not going to play week-in, week-out as he's likely to pick up a few knocks along the way given his size.

I wonder if Morton would be a likely destination for him actually.

A few of ex-Saintees there who all either played or trained with him (Peaso, Dyer, Hardie, Rutkiewicz) - I'm sure I read Hardie spoke quite highly of him just after he left us?

Injuries aside, I genuinely think he's a good player who could do a shift in the SPL. He's not going to play week-in, week-out as he's likely to pick up a few knocks along the way given his size.

He does have ability enough to play in the First. But he's not proven it, he's been injured/unfit for the majority of his career

Or he was fit but couldn't get a start . He will do a job in the first division if he gets a run of games .

Is this the Craig Beattie thread? :P

Fact is he was injured or recovering from injuries the majority of the time, and hardly played. He might be good enough in flashes but he's not proven it over a season

He hasn't proven it over a season because he hasn't been able to break into an SPL team.

Has little bearing on his ability for a first division team, in either direction.

Though I see your point that the top 1st Div teams might not want him, I really don't think your logic necessarily dictates he won't go to the first.

No idea what your 'prove it' comment was aimed at either, pointless pish.

Disappointing but probably for the best. Lomas never really gave him a chance, and had no intention of doing so. For those saying why would a top team in the First take him, he has experience of winning a title at that level - remember he was pivotal in our run-in when we got promoted - so I think that alone would see him fine. All the best Mooner.

Good luck to nooner for the future. Didn't fulfil his potential here for one reason or another. No reason he can't elsewhere in the right team and with the right manager.

irrespective of who the manager was or is you can only pick a player if he is fit. Mooner over the last couple of seasons took the place in the physios room left by Rutkiewicz

• 3 weeks later...