Top 6 Predictions

THE LARK SAINT

I think there's a pretty good chance the top five will be as it is just now at the split. If Hibs win tomorrow then perhaps even the top six.

If Hibs lose, however, you could be looking at any of the teams from 6th to 10th making the top six - they're that close. A Hearts win tomorrow would be great for Saints as it would give us a five point cushion with three games to go (for the other teams, two for us).

Don't write off Ross County finishing second I reckon. Everyone else has been trading points and failing to find any consistent form, while they are unbeaten in 11. Form and confidence count for a lot in such a tight league.

I'll go

Celtic

Ross County

Motherwell

Saints

Inverness

Dundee Utd

Edited by montrosesaintee

Hibs have a difficult run in now, with Motherwell and ICT involved. Reckon 47/48 points will be enough for us, maybe even 46. Can't afford to pick up less than two points from our remaining games though, which could be tough as Dundee United always beat us, while Inverness are hard to beat in the Highlands

right lads, top six is looking to be very hard for  united now(unfortunately) as I can see us slipping up v dundee this weekend coming as we are likely to have a scratch team on the pitch with daly russel rankine flood gunning mclean all missing due to injuries and suspension. Oor previous manager has left us with a very lopsided squad that is now coming back to bite us big style ,We had 3 players making their debut at the weekend v the fake saints and it looks like we dont  have the oomph left in the team to get us over the line. I hope we dont screw up against 1st division dundee at  the weekend  and we come to perth on april fools day  knowing a win takes us above you, if this is the case it will be good for your coffers as we should bring a very big crowd through. 

I've got a bad feeling about the next 3 games for Utd......

Dundee at Tannadice...we always beat The Fun......... don't we?

Saints at McD...we always beat Saints........ don't we?

Aberdeen well....we should manage that one but i fear it will be too little too late!

I have a feeling we won't make top six, which is a financial blow, would swap top 6 for a Cup win though.

Celtic

ICT

Ross County

Motherwell

Saints

Hibs

I've got a bad feeling about the next 3 games for Utd......

Dundee at Tannadice...we always beat The Fun......... don't we?

Saints at McD...we always beat Saints........ don't we?

Aberdeen well....we should manage that one but i fear it will be too little too late!

I have a feeling we won't make top six, which is a financial blow, would swap top 6 for a Cup win though.

Celtic

ICT

Ross County

Motherwell

Saints

Hibs

Will 3 draws be enough?

I actually think a draw against Dundee United would be enough for us to secure top six. That would put us on 45 points.

In that scenario, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen would need to win all three of their matches to get ahead of us, Dundee United would need to win their remaining two and Hibs would need two wins from three.

Some of these teams have to play each other in that period, so obviously they can't all get maximum points. Two of them would require maximum points to get up ahead of us. I just can't see that happening.

Hibs in particular have some difficult fixtures - Motherwell (a), ICT (H) and Celtic (a). Aberdeen play Celtic at Parkhead next week, then face Hearts and Dundee United. There's no chance that either of those teams are taking nine points. Dundee United and Aberdeen play each other, so they obviously both can't.

Draw against United and I think we'll be there. It would take an exceptional turn of form for the teams below us to get above us.

Think positive - our next two games are winnable. We have to break this Dundee United hoodoo at some stage, don't we?! May as well start now!

Next weekend will be interesting

Motherwell v Hibs on Friday. Draw or Motherwell win will be best for us .

Caley v County on Saturday. Draw hopefully.

United v Dundee on Sunday. Dundee win or Draw at worst.

cup half empty? my cup is half full so im hoping hibs win so we can finish 2nd :laugh:

Celtic

Motherwell

Caley

Saints

County

Hibs

Utd losing Rusel is massive and i feel this will stop them making it. Celtic to win the scottish cup so 4th will get us into europe again :razz:

If Celtic win the cup then the runners up get Europe.

We would need Dundee Utd or Hibs to finish top 3 & win the cup for 4th to qualify