League Reconstruction

Dylan-Saints

Fully agree with those above who have asked for new faces to be put in charge, lets have a fresh start.

I wonder if those who told us there was no way to "cherry pick" the best bits of the plan when they were putting forward the 8-8-8 system are going to go for any positions in the new set up. These people should be removed from post asap, especially that clown at Dundee Scot Gardiner who was the mouth piece for the 8-8-8 set up.

• 1 year later...

Sunday Post must have had a premonition. Saying there is a proposal for 2 leagues of 12 splitting into 3 leagues of 8 after playing each other twice.

Heard that one before but can't see the advantage & it would still not get The The into top league.

As I have said elsewhere I think a 16 team league is the best option, also I would not be surprised to see it for next season but PLEASE  PLEASE   PLEASE  not just to gt The ThE in

It would be logistically impossible for next season, but plans may well be unveiled over the next while.....we cannot have a repeat of today's disaster.....can we? ;)

As I have said elsewhere I think a 16 team league is the best option, also I would not be surprised to see it for next season but PLEASE  PLEASE   PLEASE  not just to gt The ThE in

Can I ask why you think a 16-team league would be better than what we have at the moment? Just curious.

Can I ask why you think a 16-team league would be better than what we have at the moment? Just curious.

I would rather stay with what we have than any of the schemes being mentioned but 16 team league would get us away from playing each other 4 times a season which is making for boring football.

There are also at least 4 teams in championship which could make 16 team league interesting.

I would rather stay with what we have than any of the schemes being mentioned but 16 team league would get us away from playing each other 4 times a season which is making for boring football.

There are also at least 4 teams in championship which could make 16 team league interesting.

This is the main reason I would like a larger top league.....cut down on the feeling that we are playing the same teams too many times. I like how in England they can talk about the corresponding fixture the season before, as each team only visits you once, and vice versa.

If people want a 16-team league and only two games against each other per season, are they saying they only want a 30-game season? That's nowhere near enough matches.

Personally I like the idea of two leagues of 12 that split into three leagues of 8, but think it's highly unlikely to ever happen, so outwit that option I'd be happiest sticking with what we have. The top 6 split has provided some great entertainment over these last few seasons and I'd hate to see it replaced by a larger league with lots of meaningless mid-table fixtures.

more european qualifing places to be had with an 18 team league!? + people will not want to miss out on at least one of the two games and might well increase attendaces,,,wich is always a good thing!

14,,16,,,18,,,?

Edited by mysaint

If people want a 16-team league and only two games against each other per season, are they saying they only want a 30-game season? That's nowhere near enough matches.

Personally I like the idea of two leagues of 12 that split into three leagues of 8, but think it's highly unlikely to ever happen, so outwit that option I'd be happiest sticking with what we have. The top 6 split has provided some great entertainment over these last few seasons and I'd hate to see it replaced by a larger league with lots of meaningless mid-table fixtures.

Maybe then a league of 16 that then splits into 2 x 8...that's 37 games

Personally .

It's plenty matches .you won't need to play often in midweek.cup matches could be on a Saturday as well.you wouldn't have ridiculous scenarios of the same clubs playing the same clubs 7 maybe 8 times.it could help clubs who are also competing in Europe.no stupid split where 7th place has more points than 6th place.

Is there any major leagues in Europe like Scotland? I doubt it.backward country no.1

more european qualifing places to be had with an 18 team league!? + people will not want to miss out on at least one of the two games and might well increase attendaces,,,wich is always a good thing!

14,,16,,,18,,,?

Why would there be more European places? Surely the number of European places is determined by coefficient, not by number of teams in the league.

I'm pretty sceptical about it increasing attendances too. Attendances increase when matches are meaningful and people's teams are doing well. I'd be surprised if there's any evidence of attendances increasing purely due to an increase in league size. The addition to the top flight of Queen of the South, for example, would not make a lot of extra people suddenly want to go to matches.

It's plenty matches .you won't need to play often in midweek.cup matches could be on a Saturday as well.you wouldn't have ridiculous scenarios of the same clubs playing the same clubs 7 maybe 8 times.it could help clubs who are also competing in Europe.no stupid split where 7th place has more points than 6th place.

Is there any major leagues in Europe like Scotland? I doubt it.backward country no.1

It s all about income though. Missing out on big crowds against Celtic Taysiders & Aberdeen so it will not happen.

Maybe then a league of 16 that then splits into 2 x 8...that's 37 games

That seems more realistic, but if the aim of the change is to have it so that teams only play each other twice, then doing this defeats the purpose. I can't see what problem you'd be solving by introducing this set-up. If change is motivated only by the number of times teams play each other, why not just go for a 20-team top flight like England?

Plenty matches from whose perspective? Clubs are struggling for money as it is without significantly reducing the number of games they play. There's just no way they would ever go for it. Is there any major league in Europe where teams play only 30 matches?

Plenty matches from whose perspective? Clubs are struggling for money as it is without significantly reducing the number of games they play. There's just no way they would ever go for it. Is there any major league in Europe where teams play only 30 matches?

Clubs are only struggling for money when they don't cut there cloth to suit.i would argue that we play the same clubs too often in the same season .then you get bored of playing the same opposition for the fourth or more time and don't bother attending.scotland is a tiny region of the UK with a small population.more variety is the stimulus you need along with reduced admission prices.