Tommy Wright, An Appreciation

Pop

After only 3 competitive games, he has arguably got us 3 of our best results ever (all three have to be in the top ten, surely)

Even if we have a middling league campaign (unlikely, but hey), his reputation is assured. 

He sounds like the real deal whenever I have heard him interviewed. Sounds much smarter than Lomas. Seems tactically aware and a real motivator. Has the lot.

I expect great things from the man and I am hoping a cup final or two may be on the cards.

What a dude.   :cool:

People saying he'll be off asap if he keeps this up. He doesn't strike me as being driven by the same things the likes of Coyle, McInnes and Lomas were driven by. He turned down the chance to go to Millwall because he likes working for this club and his wife likes living in the area. I appreciate going as your own man holds more appeal than as assistant but I think Wright is the kinda guy that would have set himself some goals in this job and would like to see them through.

People saying he'll be off asap if he keeps this up. He doesn't strike me as being driven by the same things the likes of Coyle, McInnes and Lomas were driven by. He turned down the chance to go to Millwall because he likes working for this club and his wife likes living in the area. I appreciate going as your own man holds more appeal than as assistant but I think Wright is the kinda guy that would have set himself some goals in this job and would like to see them through.

Some people reach a point where they are happy with their lot. Hopefully, being a gaffer and seeing what he can achieve with his team, living in the Perth area etc etc are all that Tommy wants from life at this stage in his life

Delighted with Tommy, like previously said he really handles himself well in interviews. Seems to have a real genuine passion for the team and club which is what we've so desperately deserved. Mainly, he doesn't put us down, i awlays felt Lomas was pretty negative always "appreciating " we were the smaller side. Tommy thinks we're the dogs boll*cks cause we are!

COYS!

TW ftw!

Delighted with Tommy, like previously said he really handles himself well in interviews. Seems to have a real genuine passion for the team and club which is what we've so desperately deserved. Mainly, he doesn't put us down, i awlays felt Lomas was pretty negative always "appreciating " we were the smaller side. Tommy thinks we're the dogs boll*cks cause we are!

COYS!

TW ftw!

Spot on with that observation

I'd like to think that Tommy will be here for a long time.  Such a positive, likeable guy who seems to love the club and the area.  He's also shown he's got an eye for a player and knows the game.  I also like that he seems prepared to give the youngsters a chance - I can see May and Caddis being big players this season.  We need to get them signed longer term though.

I'd like to think that Tommy will be here for a long time.  Such a positive, likeable guy who seems to love the club and the area.  He's also shown he's got an eye for a player and knows the game.  I also like that he seems prepared to give the youngsters a chance - I can see May and Caddis being big players this season.  We need to get them signed longer term though.

I can't see May's agent in particular advising him to sign a longer contract at this point in the season

Agree re Stevie May.  Get him on a 5 year deal

Can see him going this year though,  wonderfuk player.  He is not the brightest lad though so agent will advise him of a move that suits to line his pockets.

Caddis looks a great prospect.  Reminds me of a young Frank Lampard.